Impossible for Asia Players' Raid to clear The Steelbreaker Last Boss

prietess

I want to report the fact that IT IS IMPOSSIBLE for Asia players' Raid with 280-320ms Ping to clear The Steelbreaker raid because of the mechanic in the last boss.

On the 3rd phase of the boss HP when it was 40%, there is a MOVING WALL that we need to cross to get ourselves to the boss (after getting knockback), BUT WITH OUR PING IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO CROSS THE WALL because of the delay in our character moving and the wall moves faster than our character. As a result, we will be stuck in the moving wall forever and unable to do what we have to do.

But you need more than half of the raid to cross the wall to do the mechanic, not to mention that you need to DPS at that time taking into account of the enrage timer.

I had asked a few people in the community and a few of them confirmed with me that it is ping related. They told me that basically I cannot cross the wall.

On top of that, I am lucky enough to get reply from someone who is 270ms ping (he is a Gunslinger) and he confirmed with me he is having the same issue.

By the way, I am a Gunslinger class and I don't have any movement speed skills that I can use while crossing that wall.

My raid is a progression raid, I cannot just wipe the raid for the sake of recording video, can you NC do your job to confirm this? It is easy if you want to do it, because you are GM you can just enter the Raid solo and do your job.

Just connect to an overseas VPN with 300ms Ping, lets say connect to Asia servers, and try yourself if you can cross that moving wall at 100% SUCCESS rate.

I don't know what to say because NC probably will not care about us, but I am doing my job by telling you in this forum even though you will always ignore me and reply by saying that there is no known issue (OF COURSE THERE ISN'T ISSUE IF YOU PLAY WITH 100 MS)

I SINCERELY hope I will not get nasty reply in this thread from unreasonable people who will start blaming my ping and tell me that I have no brain and I am the one to blame that my friends and I play this server from Asia.

There are around 5-10% of the community is from Asia, and yes most of them are probably not in the top tier of this game. But some of my friends and me are in the top tier in this game (having latest equipments, 2500+ AP, doing the latest raid, etc).

We have brain to play this game with our ping and We already have hard time losing DPS compared to you NA people, and we have to  clear Raids meeting the enrage time requirement while getting punished by our Ping. Please be kind in your words not to hurt our feelings further. Thank you.

Edited by prietess
  • Like 1

plus with the move of server... i found that delay or ping related performance worsen. 

I've been living with over 380ms in-game and having to do ET mechs + survive even with ping reducing software.  With above.. well it seems IA would be extremely painful affair to deal with if i ever join or accepted in a progression raid.

• Like 1

Can confirm this is an actual issue.
Due to the way this game is coded along with that wall, it moves at a speed at which it will close the distance that would be considered the "reactive zone".
This zone being the distance that needs to be between you and the wall to be able to move again before the wall pushes you a second time.

By passing through you lose control over your character as it enters the push back animation.
My best guess of the timings is that a player has about 200-250ms to respond to this push before the wall pushes them a second time.
This being the case means that any player with over 250ms, going by the higher estimate, cannot move through this wall without permanently losing control over their character due to being pushed indefinitely.

You will be pushed, try to move, maybe even take a step.
But by the time that step is taken your server side version of the character has already hit the wall a second time, which causes you to get pushed again.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, prietess said:

I will not get nasty reply in this thread from unreasonable people who will start blaming my ping and tell me that I have no brain and I am the one to blame that my friends and I play this server from Asia.

That's not unreasonable that's the truth, you guys are not the target audience. Playing from asia on eu/na servers and then complaining to the company running the game that your high ping is causing problems is exactly that, unreasonable. Unless you are new here you also should know that nc does not care about their playerbase. They do not care about the eu/na players what makes you think they will do anything about problems from asian players? Your post here will amount to nothing, nc won't do anything for you.

Cor -- that's unfair -- many of the mechs in BnS are designed for Korea ping times which are almost all, well under 100ms.  That's always been a complaint about mechs, with those having slower machines, slower connections, or slower reactions being told they are just bad players, when it's just a poorly designed game w/regards to varying player ping times.  

I heard that China implemented some algorithm to help compensate for this on their server, as their infrastructure has a wide variation in ping times.  If the Kor developers can't come up with an algorithm, they could ask China if they'd share their balancing algorithm -- or .. just have the server ping the client to get the average ping time and do a combination of increasing mech timeouts for high-ping players (>250ms?) and creating a floor (minimum) time for server-answers to low ping players (ones <=90ms).  With those values being "tunables/server" based on the server's location and served-population.  Certainly the devs can simulate long ping times with extra pauses on the server/response.  They don't need a VPN to test it.  However, I strongly doubt they'd be motivated to play or test on a regular basis with such a deficit.

As for asian players playing on US servers, there are many reasons for wanting to do do so, not the least being their social circle.  They may have friends on this server and not know anyone on closer ones.  Or closer servers may have onerous access requirements that they don't want or can't comply with.  Some jurisdictions require specific ID's that the user may not have, or may not wish to hand over.  

The original poster, was posting in English -- I doubt they could have posted an English note on one of the foreign servers.  Maybe they are even English speakers living abroad...  Even on the NA server, I've often wished for in-game translation to communicate to French and Spanish speakers, not to mention the many sub-communities with other languages.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, psyyyy said:

I have 280-300ms ping in game with exitlag already and was able to clear boss 3 stealbreaker lol.  even got the speed kill. so its just you.

Excuse me?

Can you read properly before starting to comment as if you are so Almighty and other people are so dumb?

I said Asia players' raid. You tell me how many of you are 280-300ms? 10 out of 12 people? I bet it's only 1 of you, then you don't need to cross, easy, can complete mechanic.

Start growing eyes before opening your mouth (moving your hands)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cor said:

That's not unreasonable that's the truth, you guys are not the target audience. Playing from asia on eu/na servers and then complaining to the company running the game that your high ping is causing problems is exactly that, unreasonable. Unless you are new here you also should know that nc does not care about their playerbase. They do not care about the eu/na players what makes you think they will do anything about problems from asian players? Your post here will amount to nothing, nc won't do anything for you.

LoL.

I have all the rights to bring forward this issue to the company whom I support and I pay money to. And I already know they will not do anything, but which part of my thread sounds like heavy complaining and swearing at them? I am just stating issues.

• Like 1

I can also confirm that this issue is real as stated here.

People with 250ms+ ping have difficulty crossing this moving wall and hence raid with at least half of the raid with this kind of people is unable to complete the mechanic phase and then very highly unlikely to clear this raid (unless at least 4 of them can cross and then they have omega lul DPS which can compensate the loss of dps during that mechanic phase)

Lucky for me though, not majority part of my raid have the same ping with me.

9 hours ago, Cor said:

I guess slightly Nasty comment from vast majority who don't care about minority, showing no empathy for others kind of player #1 detected.

Have you tried crossing the wall with 25 points into movement speed? Not sure if that will be enough to compensate for the delay after crossing the wall. My raid has more than enough dps to clear so some of us spec points into movement speed just to get to the other side a little faster

22 hours ago, CookiesNmilk said:

Have you tried crossing the wall with 25 points into movement speed? Not sure if that will be enough to compensate for the delay after crossing the wall. My raid has more than enough dps to clear so some of us spec points into movement speed just to get to the other side a little faster

It doesnt work. 25 movement speed doesnt solve it, We always have 25 for this fight.

On 2.9.2020 at 3:01 AM, prietess said:

LoL.

I have all the rights to bring forward this issue to the company whom I support and I pay money to. And I already know they will not do anything, but which part of my thread sounds like heavy complaining and swearing at them? I am just stating issues.

Where do you see me accusing you of swearing at them? Please read properly before you write nonsense. I also did not say you have no right to complain, just that your complaint is unreasonable meaning what you expect them to help you with is outside of the scope what they are obligated to since you guys aren't the target audience. I merely stated facts.

You could try doing the mechanics without passing the wall.
Have your people stand behind it, tip toeing slowly, KD the boss when its KD time, then go activate the pads, ignore the 2nd KD and have the rocks ready then hide behind the rock.

On 9/1/2020 at 7:41 PM, psyyyy said:

I have 280-300ms ping in game with exitlag already and was able to clear boss 3 stealbreaker lol.  even got the speed kill. so its just you.

What's your role at boss 3? I have well over 300MS (usually 340-360 in raid) since the server move and can not cross the last wall. I have a more than capable PC and use NoPing/Exitlag (whichever is more stable on the day). We've had to accommodate for that and have me do a different role. As someone who had 260-300ms prior to the server move to well over 300 after the server move, I can tell you there is a BIG difference in that 50ms increase.

7 hours ago, Imrario said:

You could try doing the mechanics without passing the wall.
Have your people stand behind it, tip toeing slowly, KD the boss when its KD time, then go activate the pads, ignore the 2nd KD and have the rocks ready then hide behind the rock.

That's what I've seen some raids do, yes. It's just frustrating when you want to be able to do it properly, yet can't.

14 hours ago, ImoutoMaster said:

Another question why do you play on Western server if you have several asian servers to choose which would probably give you way better MS and exist for way longer.

JP, CH, RU, KR, Vietnam, Thai.

It's more than just Asia. There are those of us in Australia and New Zealand with the exact same issue.

16 hours ago, ImoutoMaster said:

Another question why do you play on Western server if you have several asian servers to choose which would probably give you way better MS and exist for way longer.

JP, CH, RU, KR, Vietnam, Thai.

If there is any of these servers that you mentioned actually is an English server, sure.

20 hours ago, Cor said:

Where do you see me accusing you of swearing at them? Please read properly before you write nonsense. I also did not say you have no right to complain, just that your complaint is unreasonable meaning what you expect them to help you with is outside of the scope what they are obligated to since you guys aren't the target audience. I merely stated facts.

I didn't say you accuse me of swearing at them, please read properly before you also write non-sense. Lol.

I said I brought forward this issue to them, which is totally legit, and no one should have any right to point finger at me for bringing up a REAL issue that affects player from Asia/New Zealand/Australia.

And my thread is not unreasonable at all, many people support me by saying they are having same issues, can you read?

On top of that, It is not outside the scope of what they are obligated to do, that is not for YOU to determine. Are you actually working for NCsoft such that you can say this? Or else I can't think of any reason why are you so sure.

I merely stated facts too. That people have this issue, that if raid consists of ~10 players from Asia, they are impossible to clear this raid. Are that not facts? If you can counter with proving that it is not true, go ahead.

Otherwise what you are replying here is .......

Back to topic. If you are here not to prove / disprove the issue that I bring forward in this thread, then what's your purpose?

Because I think this thread is better to be used to show confirmation that you are also having this or show that you are not having this, that is back to topic. Period.

Edited by prietess

2 hours ago, Kumikuro said:

That's what I've seen some raids do, yes. It's just frustrating when you want to be able to do it properly, yet can't.

The way i explained is the proper intended way to do it.
The way you see most raids doing is either semi cheese, or full cheese. This is because doing it the original is just an extra degree of difficulty that is added for no reaason. One that is easily bypassed with everyone passing through the wall.
It should be fully doable the original way and unfortunately i guess your raid group will have to do it that way since there is nothing NCWEST can do and nothing NCSOFT will do to fix this in the near future.
Wish you all the best.

Good luck!

6 hours ago, Imrario said:

It should be fully doable the original way and unfortunately i guess your raid group will have to do it that way since there is nothing NCWEST can do and nothing NCSOFT will do to fix this in the near future.
Wish you all the best.

Good luck!

Yup unfortunately they will not fix this most likely, so yeah, raid with 10 high ping players won't be able to clear this boss.