Jump to content
Forums

Let's talk about: psyches


Recommended Posts

Why are psyches still a thing?


When we got the 1st legendary drop(necklace from Desolate Tomb) players made it clear, we don't like RNG drops, we don't like to run the same dungeon 300 times without getting what we need. So the core system was implemented, which was great, was a nice solution for many, with this you could see the light at the end of the tunnel.


Then WHY psyches are still not available with CORES???, same with outfits, same with all drops? And before those who are able to run a dungeon 1000+ times without getting bored come and say "blabla bla, u lazy blablabla", NOT EVERYONE likes to do that, this game is being aimed too much to hardcore grinding and thats killing the game. Things like cores help more casual players to stay sane and motivated to play everyday, why is this company not undertanding this???

So the great psyche system has been extended to weapons, soul shield, badges. Badges are tied to events for now, which is fine, EXCEPT for new ppl that missed those events!!!
Then weapon and soul shield( better version) are tied to a SINGLE DUNGEON, Halchyon Hills. So you have to run this dungeon hundreds of times, in order to get ~5 psyches for weapon and ~FORTY soul shield psyches, SO MUCH FUN! and also the Koldrak psyches are so limited too, u can buy extra on events yes, they are just not the best anymore.

 

Please stop it with the endless grind and start moving things to a more casual audience, this is why this game is dying, and I don't know why NCsoft is uncapable of seeing this. I hope NA/EU workers can give feedback to the KR devs in order to change things.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Grinding in a grind based game...the horror....

 

41 minutes ago, Xzard said:

NOT EVERYONE likes to do that, this game is being aimed too much to hardcore grinding and thats killing the game.

Believe me when i say this not even close to whats "killing the game", its not even on the list.

 

You are talking about casual players, casual players dont need the fancy psyches as those are basically for min/maxing in end game. Casual players will get far more benefits from actually upgrading their weapons, accessories, souls, hears and infusing crit on shields than from psyches. Not to mention decent ones drop in normal mode which decently geared players can easily solo like shadowmoor and ransacked treasury.  WEapon psyches, is definetely nothing for casual players.

 

Costumes drop actually pretty decently in easy dungeons, then if you want others run the hard modes, there are increased drop chances there. Most other dungeon outfits are either at the PVP vendor, achievement merchant or clothing merchants.

 

As for events, if they missed them, too bad they will get it next time there is an event. simple.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

<Commence satire>

3 hours ago, Xzard said:

Why are psyches still a thing?

Because NCsoft put developmental time and effort into it. They aren't going to take it out now even if it costs more players, and thus more money over time than it cost to implement it.

 

3 hours ago, Xzard said:

When we got the 1st legendary drop(necklace from Desolate Tomb) players made it clear, we don't like RNG drops, we don't like to run the same dungeon 300 times without getting what we need.

Yes, but companies say they learn things, but then forget again a year or 2 later because the employees who learned things have moved on to other jobs, or got transferred to new projects within the company... or the company thinks they can get away with it THIS time... or just doesn't care and is going to ram it down your throat whether you like it or not, and is counting on the sunk cost fallacy to keep you a customer.

 

Also, frankly, it doesn't matter what the players want. What matters is how to get the most money out of them, specifically in the short term even if that damages the long term viability of the product. 

 

Also, if you look at Junsorei, the vendor NPC that sells the items for cores right now, 1 item is 250 sovereign cores. There are 6 of these items. Going at 1 core per dungeon... go ahead and run this dungeon 1250 times.

 

Buying progression doesn't count as pay to win you know because... you CAN earn it on your own... technically. Hue hue hue! The fact that it requires more effort to max yourself out in this game than to get a college degree is irrelevant! NCsoft loves the apologists on the forums! HAHA! Pay more money while NCsoft puts your money towards other projects instead of B&S! The NCsoft execs need another drink with an umbrella in it on the beach!

 

3 hours ago, Xzard said:

Then weapon and soul shield( better version) are tied to a SINGLE DUNGEON, Halchyon Hills. So you have to run this dungeon hundreds of times, in order to get ~5 psyches for weapon and ~FORTY soul shield psyches, SO MUCH FUN! and also the Koldrak psyches are so limited too, u can buy extra on events yes, they are just not the best anymore.

If you are driven enough to reach for every last little 1% power, then NCsoft is going to absolutely kick your teeth in. You need to accept less than the top, and be happy with that. This game punishes you for being driven to achieve more than a certain amount.

 

3 hours ago, Xzard said:

Please stop it with the endless grind and start moving things to a more casual audience...

NO! Get back on the gear treadmill slave! *cracks whip*

 

<End satire>

 

Edited by NorbertTheOpinionated
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Kosako Assano said:

in Korean server you just need to play the game and you get the drops.

You also get gold from playing the game...

You even earn OILS from Daily Challenge rewards.

 

The American / European servers are nothing but a scam to milk money from dumb westerners.

You forgot to mention that on KR server they need like 3-4 times the amounts of oils than we do and that their upgrades have a chance to fail. Thats why they get more of them.

We get less oils but in return our upgrades are guaranteed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kosako Assano said:

in Korean server you just need to play the game and you get the drops.

You also get gold from playing the game...

You even earn OILS from Daily Challenge rewards.

 

The American / European servers are nothing but a scam to milk money from dumb westerners.

They swipe like no tomorrow, there is no need to force them. But west need "some motivation" :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/29/2020 at 3:51 PM, Grimoir said:

Grinding in a grind based game...the horror....

Have you seen the RNG chances for Kor players to get things?

 

They are about 10x higher than drops on Western servers where they don't have to publish %chance.  Regardless, westerners moved away from a grind-based-ethic where they were sold on the myth that hard-work leads to success.  Most know that hard work == wage-slave working-class.  You think they want that in their entertainment or games?

Quote

Believe me when i say this not even close to whats "killing the game", its not even on the list.

I've seen many times when someone calls you on your made up "facts".  Your credibility is too low to use phrases like "believe me".  That said, though, there are multiple issues that aren't being handled well that are contributing to players moving on.

Quote

You are talking about casual players, casual players dont need the fancy psyches as those are basically for min/maxing in end game. Casual players will get far more benefits from actually upgrading their weapons, accessories, souls, hears

So so wrong.  As a player, very often, the *only way* to progress is by finding other ways to raise stats than by upgrading weaps+accessories.  If you can't get into a RAID because your clan only does 1 raid which is filled with players with higher stats, DPS and AP than you,  you have no choice but to look for other ways to raise those things.  Things like gems used to be considered either whale or endgame items -- yet it was the only route open to me to raise my stats, since I was constantly kicked from F8 groups as a lower player and not invited to the only raid in a clan.  I've only been in 1 clan that ran more than one raid, and that clan fell apart because they couldn't keep filling those raids in the face of too many players leaving the game for various reasons.  Things like psyche's are ways of raising your stats in spite of not having access to 'IA', (now, for example).  It's not a replacement, but it does help.  I have no access to an IA raid I need and can't solo dungeons to get ET-level accessories or upgrade mats.  I have to rely on groups where I need to qualify to get in.

Quote

Costumes drop actually pretty decently in easy dungeons, then if you want others run the hard modes, there are increased drop chances there. Most other dungeon outfits are either at the PVP vendor, achievement merchant or clothing merchants. 

The dungeon related costumes STOP at BC and above. They should put those costumes in easy mode drops as they are previous-tier dungeons.  Maybe keep costumes in elder-scale dungeons in HM, until there is a new level above IA, but there's no reason to not make costumes in onyx-mat dungeons available in easy mode like previous dungeons.

Quote

As for events, if they missed them, too bad they will get it next time there is an event. simple.

That's bull.  Where are opportunities to get items or achievements like Eagle-Eye,  Sapphire-Flyer, let along those from events like Fashion Police, Fire Runner, Bloody Valentine, Defender of the Ancients, Heart Stopper, etc...  If they would repeat the events, it would be possible, but they haven't, so your "simple" case doesn't exist.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Nicolee said:

Have you seen the RNG chances for Kor players to get things?

They are about 10x higher than drops on Western servers where they don't have to publish %chance.  Regardless, westerners moved away from a grind-based-ethic where they were sold on the myth that hard-work leads to success.  Most know that hard work == wage-slave working-class.  You think they want that in their entertainment or games?

Have you seen the amounts needed for KR players to upgrade and the failure chances to said upgrades? True they get more things / higher drops but inr eturn all their upgrades have failure chances.

 

6 minutes ago, Nicolee said:

I've seen many times when someone calls you on your made up "facts".  Your credibility is too low to use phrases like "believe me".  That said, though, there are multiple issues that aren't being handled well that are contributing to players moving on.

Players do not leave because of the grind, they leave due to optimization issues mostly, followed by how things are generally handled. Most players i speak with are ok with grinding.

 

7 minutes ago, Nicolee said:

So so wrong.  As a player, very often, the *only way* to progress is by finding other ways to raise stats than by upgrading weaps+accessories.  If you can't get into a RAID because your clan only does 1 raid which is filled with players with higher stats, DPS and AP than you,  you have no choice but to look for other ways to raise those things.  Things like gems used to be considered either whale or endgame items -- yet it was the only route open to me to raise my stats, since I was constantly kicked from F8 groups as a lower player and not invited to the only raid in a clan.  I've only been in 1 clan that ran more than one raid, and that clan fell apart because they couldn't keep filling those raids in the face of too many players leaving the game for various reasons.  Things like psyche's are ways of raising your stats in spite of not having access to 'IA', (now, for example).  It's not a replacement, but it does help.  I have no access to an IA raid I need and can't solo dungeons to get ET-level accessories or upgrade mats.  I have to rely on groups where I need to qualify to get in.

Psyches increase your boss AP / Crit / Crit damage / Mystic. thats all, if you do not have proeprly upgraded accessories / weapons / soul / heart to support and properl;y boost those stats they will give you 0 benefits. No sane player will be looking whether you have psyches or not, they will look how upgraded your gear is and what you parse. Several players doing the end game raids dont even have soul / mystic badges upgraded. Anyone thinking stacking crit damage / mystic over upgrading gear will help you should rethink his priorities.

 

10 minutes ago, Nicolee said:

The dungeon related costumes STOP at BC and above. They should put those costumes in easy mode drops as they are previous-tier dungeons.  Maybe keep costumes in elder-scale dungeons in HM, until there is a new level above IA, but there's no reason to not make costumes in onyx-mat dungeons available in easy mode like previous dungeons.

Costumes always drop from hard modes. The only time easy modes drop them is when the hard mode gets removed and drops get consolidated into normal / easy mode.

If you want costumes from the higher up dungeons, run hard modes or wait til lthey get removed and drops consolidate to the easy mode. Has been this way since release.

 

11 minutes ago, Nicolee said:

That's bull.  Where are opportunities to get items or achievements like Eagle-Eye,  Sapphire-Flyer, let along those from events like Fashion Police, Fire Runner, Bloody Valentine, Defender of the Ancients, Heart Stopper, etc...  If they would repeat the events, it would be possible, but they haven't, so your "simple" case doesn't exist.

Sapphire flyer comes from equipping saphire wings, which are in hongsil and sometimes in trove. Others are from Valentines events, time limited dungeon events etc. If you missed those, you missed them. Period. they do not have to return them because a player didnt play at the given time. Most players do not even want a repeat of those events because they were heavily gear gated like the Longgui or the buffed up Tomb of Exile boss or pvp oriented like the valentines events where you had to kill X players of the opposing faction to get the titles. Its not a publishers responsibility to care whether someone chose not to play at a certain point and missed events or not. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

As a player, you want to have everything the game has to offer, if you put something unobtainable, or obtainable only through endless grind, you will get unmotivated to keep playing,
and Im very high gear, doing 13m+ parse
I just cant find the motivation to farm pink hulk 1000+ times to get all psyches I need.

Also I forgot to mention, LEGENDARY PSYCHES, EXCLUSIVE to mega rich whales with no life that can rank 1 every season, like that Mhysa and company, seeing how u cant obtain bis psyches is depressing, EVEN if the dps differences is minimal, I dont care how mr Grimor will try to justify this, Im seeing it from my point of view, and it really ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ me off.

Endless griding and exclusive psyches, they suck, and should be fixed. But everyday I care less because I started playing FFXIV.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...