[Update] Item Removal from Moontide Outfit Exploit

Hime

7 hours ago, Krommissar said:

Cool, 0 HMC compensation. Even if it wasn't just a hilarious typo it would still be what we've come to expect from you.

How about refunding my 1 year premium membership from June, instead? 

I think they meant they'll have a bundle of items on the marketplace that's free(costs 0 hongmoon coins). However, I agree that this is far from enough. People are missing hundreds of soulstone as well as gold that was spent legitimately on outfits and pets on f5.

@Hime Since u are not very experienced in your own game (proof: the absurd try to solve this problem) lemme guide u a lil bit.

A Pet Pod Transformation needs a Pet, 10 Soulstones and 5g EACH so with prices back in the day it was roughly between 65g to 75g each.

Again Pet pods and threads only got deleted from main chars mostly, so people with stacked up thounsands of pets or pods are still out there and.

Anyway if this is the last pathetic attempt of handling this problem im glad to tell you, u can keep all my stuff cause im out.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

Love it that all of you who used the exploid are complaning about that you dont get ALL of the gold or mats back, that you used, like wtf. Be happy to not get banned and that you get atleast something back from it, so just shut up.
Anyway, just make the Silverfang and Rosethorn Pets unable to be made into a Pet Pod, and all the remaning pets are useless.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Yuuki Hase:

Love it that all of you who used the exploid are complaning about that you dont get ALL of the gold or mats back, that you used, like wtf. Be happy to not get banned and that you get atleast something back from it, so just shut up

Not all of us abused the system to get the pets. For example i bought the pets of the market and farmed the soul stones myselfe. Which might be considered as taking advantage of the bug but again they had 5 months time to fix the bug. If it was really a bug they would have fixed it right after notice how they managed it i cant conisder it a bug but an event. They even posted a tutorial on how to abuse the bug which made it official a decent company who considers this as a bug would have shut down the server 5 months ago till they get a fix.

The only reason they make such a fuss about this is cause they cant sell pets in F10 anymore.

Edited by ImoutoMaster

Imagine wasting 25-30k on pet pods and now I will get back 1.5k gold from transmuting fees.

Hime, at least return the Pet Pods as Pet Packs, the untradable version, do something right to make everyone happy, u are he community manager, how is it possible for you to not have any influence over what the developers do to the product you are publishing... 

Return the pet pods or pet packs, or at least like 80 gold for each pet pods lost. yikes. 

21 minutes ago, gaby0309 said:

Imagine wasting 25-30k on pet pods and now I will get back 1.5k gold from transmuting fees.

Hime, at least return the Pet Pods as Pet Packs, the untradable version, do something right to make everyone happy, u are he community manager, how is it possible for you to not have any influence over what the developers do to the product you are publishing... 

Return the pet pods or pet packs, or at least like 80 gold for each pet pods lost. yikes. 

@Hime That would be a good solution.

Le 28/08/2020 à 10:06, SungoddessRabbit a dit :

I just want to see the people who expoited be brought to justice, that there is some kind of "Hurt" or "consequences" towards them.

and hopefully people will not exploit the next   time something like this pops up.

vor 20 Minuten schrieb Uldrum:

I just want to see the people who expoited be brought to justice, that there is some kind of "Hurt" or "consequences" towards them.

and hopefully people will not exploit the next   time something like this pops up.

I want NC soft to do their job but its not happening either. How is this players fault if they cant manage to fix this bug for 5 months ? Now there are several people selling 500k or even more gold for €€€ on discord. They found the exploit long before NCsoft made a tutorial on Forums for this.

How can you call this a bug if this company kept it in game on purpose for 5 months and created a tutorial on how to abuse it ? Even someone with basic programming knowledge could have fixed that bug in 5 minutes with the correct tools but a multi million dollar company cant in 5 months sure.

Edited by ImoutoMaster

5 minutes ago, ImoutoMaster said:

I want NC soft to do their job but its not happening either. How is this players fault if they cant manage to fix this bug for 5 months ? Now there are several people selling 500k or even more gold for €€€ on discord. They found the exploit long before NCsoft made a tutorial on Forums for this.

How can you call this a bug if this company kept it in game on purpose for 5 months and created a tutorial on how to abuse it ? Even someone with basic programming knowledge could have fixed that bug in 5 minutes with the correct tools but a multi million dollar company cant in 5 months sure.

You know why not everyone goes around beating each other up or just taking whatever they want and just walk out of stores?

Because there are laws and "consequences" for such actions. People should know not to do something just on the premis that it's wrong and you will be punished if you do it.

You should have enough self control to keep away from doing stuff that is wrong.

Edited by Uldrum

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Uldrum:

You know why not everyone goes around beating each other up or just taking whatever they want and just walk out of stores?

Cause it would harm another person in some way. You cannot use this arguement with digital products there in an infinite ammount of them which can be produced by the cost of 0$.

Because there are laws and "consequences" for such actions. People should know not to do something just on the premis that it's wrong and you will be punished if you do it.

You want us to follow all the rules ? NCsoft as the bigger one here should start with following the rules first then. There are several EU laws they break each and every day.

You should have enough self control to keep away from doing stuff that is wrong.

This is the point. Why do you think different countrys have different laws ? For example what NC is doing may be allowed in certain countrys mostly the US but its against law in certain others mostly in EU for example. We have enough self control to not do stuff that is wrong its simply not wrong to do something that dosent harm anyone and is not against any law.

12 hours ago, Hime said:

Hello all,

Thank you for your patience on this issue. Managing the effects of the Moontide outfit exploit has been a tremendous process. Using exploits is never okay and it is important that we undo as much of the advantageous gain to those who abused it. 

• Restore all costumes that were removed during the August 19 maintenance.
  • Custom Costumes will be restored with their original properties.
  • Return the gold cost from Transmuting the removed Pet Pods.

@Hime Clarify me one thing , when u said "Custom Costumes will be restored with their original properties" this mean all the Chromatic Thread / gold used will be restored too? cuz i probably invested over 600+ Chromatic Threads around my account over 100+ outfits, if its not the case... this a huge impact too for people that pay/got them from trove/cash shop?
Also what about the legit obtained Designer threads? those will be restored too? iirc i had a couple (cant remember the number correctly but was less than 100 for sure)

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Yuuki Hase:

Love it that all of you who used the exploid are complaning about that you dont get ALL of the gold or mats back, that you used, like wtf. Be happy to not get banned and that you get atleast something back from it, so just shut up.
Anyway, just make the Silverfang and Rosethorn Pets unable to be made into a Pet Pod, and all the remaning pets are useless.

While the make unavaible part is a smart. How inadequate can you read a thread/multiple threads? Tell me!

NC cant ban, if they would - and Id be happy to a certain extend - 95% of players would be gone since this event was running for 4 months. If this is a plan by NC we surely get some trouble for participating in said event. However unless its their plan to avoid working on UE4, they can't risk banning everyone away.

So in terms of quotation: You'd be better the one, who shuts up, since one way or another even you should be banned for partaking in said event.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb SylphidLive:

@Hime Clarify me one thing , when u said "Custom Costumes will be restored with their original properties" this mean all the Chromatic Thread / gold used will be restored too? cuz i probably invested over 600+ Chromatic Threads around my account over 100+ outfits, if its not the case... this a huge impact too for people that pay/got them from trove/cash shop?
Also what about the legit obtained Designer threads? those will be restored too? iirc i had a couple (cant remember the number correctly but was less than 100 for sure)

No, they be returned into regular outfits not custom ones. They deleted things, therefore they dont have records. I'd even suggest claiming you had some outfits which you had not. Its a gamble, but with recent actions in mind. With all the trouble NC brought upon us, thats the least they could do.
Stating they cant return threads aswell is proof enough imo, that they dont know or cant check which items you lost ;)

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Yasuhiro Yamamoto:

These 300 pets I talk about in my post where also F5 (Player Auctionhouse) bought. I'm glad to read I am not the only player running into this specific issue where they also removed legitimate pets & pet pods together with the exploited ones.

Eventually if they are obtain in said event you wont get them back. Sure those who sold them will keep their money. NC never thinks, so...yeah. They even removed mine which I got via realmtrotter coins and CS be like go tell forums we wont assist any longer and you cant issue any new ticket via CS.

So better only have in store what youll use before maint, else....

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Luffieh:

@Hime you know that transmutation isn't just costing gold right ? we use 10 soul stones each where are those ?

Not sure if they know. The people in charge do not play their own game. So how would they know?

Ultimately what else can I say:

EVERYONE came in touch with event items one way or another. Ppl piloting arena for SS, Ppl running scripts to bypass F5 sell limits, Ppl who participated in said event for months and those who bought cheap pods cause we need so many, but have little chance to farm since regular event are s♥♥♥rly inexistent.

If one to blame it is your devs who made a mistake, but moreover your devs who took atleast 5months+ to change a single value, when altering the merchants happens all the time. Also we need to blame 3rd party sites who made this event public and the forum announcement, which spiced up SS prices and benefitted those people that maxed out their stuff months ago and kept collecting pet pods.

To my dismay I wish such fantastic event would occour more regularly. If you can ensure that, maybe arena/ssp wouldnt be this farce of a wasteland anymore.

For closure I want to point out that 35% less people play since said event ended, so...your precious worthless compensation better has alot usefull stuff in it and no crap like trash TS, black stones, naryu currency or peaches!

GM

I want back everything youu took from me!! I am innocent !!

I was only seeing soulstones prices skyrocket and pet pods dropping in price and Silver saberfang pet was very low price too !!

And then someone tell me to read forum and I SEE  a post about something! It was about moontide outfit !

(and then my selective reading kicked in and I didnt read the part that stated to refrain from exploiting the bug)

So I am innocent and now I want back all the gold I spent on soulstones that I used to transmute pet pods!!!!!!!

The solution proposed by you is once again far from being just and justified. So the "illegally" obtained pet pods will not be restored but all those who used them in time (and it seems that they have had a lot of time) to get great advantages will not get your guilty sentence. I won't add anything else even if so much could be said about the ways and timing of your wicked actions. You have turned your huge mistake into player fault. The last thought goes to you Hime who have lent your face to this farce. Get a serious job.

• Like 1

@Hime soo, as one person already mentioned, i did the same thing.

I bought about 200 outfits and 200 pets (not pet pods and i havent transmuted them into pet pods), off F5 and off faction chat. I have bought them for different prices, pets from 5 to 30g each, outfits from a few gold to hundreds of gold for each, dependng on when i bought them. I have invested probably about 10k gold in this.

So does this mean that i will only end up getting back the outfits I legally obtained long time ago before the exploit, and that i wont get back outfits nor gold i spent on F5 buying those, even tho i wasnt the one that got them with abuse, but legally payed for them. Does that as well mean that i will not get back the gold nor pets i bought with the gold?

Hence i will end up in -10k gold?

Answers are needed here...

1 hour ago, Dokkoudou said:

If one to blame it is your devs who made a mistake, but moreover your devs who took atleast 5months+ to change a single value, when altering the merchants happens all the time. Also we need to blame 3rd party sites who made this event public and the forum announcement, which spiced up SS prices and benefitted those people that maxed out their stuff months ago and kept collecting pet pods.

To be honest its not devs to blame for this. Bugs like this will happen in complex game like this, its inevitable.

Problem is how ncwest is managing the game and their inability to respond to this properly and at right time.

Ncwest needs to have staff that have some other skills except "communication skills" ;)

That’s it Hime? After all the time you let us here waiting THIS is the final decision?

What is this crap? Who ask you for charity?

You don't answer our questions and you agree with yourself, do you know who you look like?

As I said on the other thread this can’t be considered an exploit, if a shop marks the price of an item too low and I buy it, that doesn't make me a thief, you are not allowed to blame me for your mistakes, you dictators. And WORST, you are not allowed to put your hands in my account like this. How could you dare?

And why should I accept a punishments that only affects people who did not have time to max their pets and/or talisman (like the earlier and the most of the “exploiters” did)?  What is this very serious discrimination? Are you punishing us ‘cause we’ve been slow? Or are we sacrificial lambs?

Do you really think your wining whales will be satisfied with this “less than half” solution?

So, you’ve found the perfect way of action to make everyone unhappy.

Give us back all you stole, and soon! Let us live and play happy for once and offer whatever you want to compensate your whales.

I’ve been an annual Premium member since before the BT 24 man raid was created, I really love Blade and Soul and I still log in even if it hurts me to see what you did. But if after next patch my account still stay devastated I’m not sure at all I won’t quit definitely. And I’m sure I’m not alone.

If anyone wants to start a EU class action I’m in (with other interesting things to share with an international lawjer). Who knows, maybe it turns out it will be our time to REALLY put our hands in NCsoft’s pockets?  :wink:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Uldrum said:

Result is quite opposite. I didn't abuse "exploit" (which is actually not exploit but nvm that), but ncsoft handling of this issue made me feels stupid that i didnt, so next time, even if i will not play the game, ill login just to "abuse" it to the maximum :)

38 minutes ago, Morrjgan said:

You are not allowed to put your hands in my account like this. How could you dare?:wink:

At this point you gotta be trolling right? They can delete your account for any reason at any moment if they want, You do not own any thing.

Do you guys even read https://us.ncsoft.com/en-us/legal/blade-and-soul/blade-and-soul-user-agreement

https://us.ncsoft.com/en-us/legal/blade-and-soul/blade-and-soul-rules-of-conduct

Edited by Uldrum

8 hours ago, Yuuki Hase said:

Are you for real? Don't you understand that its like a month since thing happened? How doing this now will change anything to put things straight and fair?

4 hours ago, ImoutoMaster said:

Cause it would harm another person in some way. You cannot use this arguement with digital products there in an infinite ammount of them which can be produced by the cost of 0$.

You want us to follow all the rules ? NCsoft as the bigger one here should start with following the rules first then. There are several EU laws they break each and every day.

This is the point. Why do you think different countrys have different laws ? For example what NC is doing may be allowed in certain countrys mostly the US but its against law in certain others mostly in EU for example. We have enough self control to not do stuff that is wrong its simply not wrong to do something that dosent harm anyone and is not against any law.

Tbh, i dono how people can get this warped way of thinking.

You should always understand the difference between right and wrong.

Expoiting, abusing, taking advantage of mistakes that the devs do for your own gain.. is wrong

have some common sense.