[Update] Item Removal from Moontide Outfit Exploit

Hime

• NCSOFT

Hello all,

Thank you for your patience on this issue. Managing the effects of the Moontide outfit exploit has been a tremendous process. Using exploits is never okay and it is important that we undo as much of the advantageous gain to those who abused it. 

During the August 19 maintenance, we removed the remaining exploited items from those who used the exploit. This also unfortunately resulted in the removal of non-exploited cosmetic items many have paid for and acquired over the years. The complexity of the issue made it difficult to quickly rectify, and we have used this time to actively explore and develop a resolution. Scheduled for the September 2 maintenance, we will:

• Restore all costumes that were removed during the August 19 maintenance.
  • Custom Costumes will be restored with their original properties.
  • Return the gold cost from Transmuting the removed Pet Pods.

We will not restore the removed Pet Pods or Designer Threads as they were obtained illegitimately. In addition to the corrective measures that we have already issued, we will continue to track and remove remaining exploited items from accounts that we may have missed.

We understand this issue has been unnecessarily stressful so as a small thanks for your patience we’ll have a 0 Hongmoon Coin compensation bundle for all players to collect on September 2. Bundle details will be available then.

Thank you and again, we apologize for the inconveniences this has caused.

this will help with all the outfits that I have lost legally buying off RNG boxes but the Treads I have gotten off them in the years should still be refunded.  Anyways I am still going to take screen shoots of my outfits and counts... Along with my inventory knowing the "fix" might have bugs too

So no positioning about the gold used to buy pets from F5 or Faction chat? That's the biggest issue for most people...

Reading it again, it is actually worse -- people who bought get no gold back but the sellers who kept gold from sales also have the money from transmuting back. Lmao this is a joke, right?

Edited by Heinzen
  • Like 2

Return the transmute gold cost? You're kidding right? What about the millions of legitimately obtained soulstones and legitimately obtained gold that was used to buy pets off the marketplace? The transmute gold cost is the least important thing, give the materials back you criminals

• Like 3

Give back the soulstones, it's just unfair otherwise. By the way, you removed  Pet Pods made / bought before this exploit happened. What are you going to do about these ? I don't think anyone would be happy to pay 200 gold + to be rewarded with only 5 gold.

I really hope you understand that this  "fix" is far from enough.

32 minutes ago, Hime said:

thanks for your patience we’ll have a 0 Hongmoon Coin compensation bundle for all players to collect on September 2. 

Cool, 0 HMC compensation. Even if it wasn't just a hilarious typo it would still be what we've come to expect from you.

How about refunding my 1 year premium membership from June, instead? 

Seriously... You have to give back the soulstones too as they were 90% of the transmutation cost. For every 5 gold restored, add 10 soulstones to that. I don't know if you guys don't know what the transmute cost even looks like or what but this solution is kind of hilarious ngl.

Also a lot of players didn't even get their pet pods removed, so just give them back. Don't make it harder than it has to be.

Edited by 900870_1452550662
  • Like 1

@Hime
In my case I bought 300 pets from the F5 playermarket for 10G each. This means I spend roughly 3K gold on pets.
Because soulstone prices where insanely high I kept onto my pets in anticipation for soulstone prices to drop so I could upgrade my talisman in the near future.
Do I understand you correctly that none of us is getting our pets bought off F5 back?

So that means the exploiter gets away with the ingame gold (In my case 3K), while we get punished for buying the pets off F5?
And do I understand correctly that on top of not getting our pets back, we're also not receiving the gold back that we spend on F5?

Hoping for some clarity on the matter since this doesn't seem to be mentioned in the post.

@Hime I'm pretty sure you can check my payment record in last 4 years. Your company will never get single euro form me ever again. Not because i care about that couple pet pods, but because I don't like being "punished" when i actually did not abuse anything. Even without that, your incompetence in managing game is so huge that if i would put aside this personal "insult" form you, you definitely don't deserve any money for the "work" you are doing.

• Like 3

And guys just stop explaining things. They don't listen and don't care and in the end have no means to fix this mess even if they want. Go cancel your subs instead, that's only language they understand.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bl4de said:

And guys just stop explaining things. They don't listen and don't care and in the end have no means to fix this mess even if they want. Go cancel your subs instead, that's only language they understand.

I ran out of things to cancel/refund a while ago, no, now is not the time to stop, now is the time to hunt them down.

Edited by Duhas

2 minutes ago, Duhas said:

I ran out of things to cancel/refund a while ago, no, now is not the time to stop, now is the time to hunt them down.

Well have fun :)

I cant care enough tbh. For me this is like, i had fun in some pub but service eventually became crap, waitress started bringing warm drinks, stealing money on bills etc. Would you be sad and pissed or just go to other pub? ;)

1 minute ago, Bl4de said:

Well have fun :)

I cant care enough tbh. For me this is like, i had fun in some pub but service eventually became crap, waitress started bringing warm drinks, stealing money on bills etc. Would you be sad and pissed or just go to other pub? ;)

I'm already in the other pub sipping my drink and flaming them from the safety of their well provided services.

• Like 1

• NCSOFT
47 minutes ago, Yasuhiro Yamamoto said:

@Hime
In my case I bought 300 pets from the F5 playermarket for 10G each. This means I spend roughly 3K gold on pets.
Because soulstone prices where insanely high I kept onto my pets in anticipation for soulstone prices to drop so I could upgrade my talisman in the near future.
Do I understand you correctly that none of us is getting our pets bought off F5 back?

So that means the exploiter gets away with the ingame gold (In my case 3K), while we get punished for buying the pets off F5?
And do I understand correctly that on top of not getting our pets back, we're also not receiving the gold back that we spend on F5?

Hoping for some clarity on the matter since this doesn't seem to be mentioned in the post.

If you didn't transmute the Pet Pods that were removed, you do not get the gold back. The number of Pet Pods removed from an account was based on the number of Pet Pods that account created from using the exploit. If you didn't use the exploit, you can PM me your character name and I can look into it.

6 minutes ago, Hime said:

If you didn't transmute the Pet Pods that were removed, you do not get the gold back. The number of Pet Pods removed from an account was based on the number of Pet Pods that account created from using the exploit. If you didn't use the exploit, you can PM me your character name and I can look into it.

We already know this isnt true @Hime plenty of people who never touched the merchant got their items removed and plenty of people who have still have all of their items and are probably selling them off like crazy or using them to upgrade. what about those people? Theres accounts out there running around with max pet and max talisman max psyches and still made hundreds of thousands of gold off petpods that you are now rewarding even further. You expect us to believe youre going to look into essetually every acount that logged in during the time the exploit was rampant and do a personal case by case review of each one in an attempt to bring the economy back to before it got out of hand? you couldn't even be assed to update the merchant for what, 5 months? let alone disable the merchant before it got out of hand but you expect us to suddenly make good on your promise to right the wrong that has been done to almost every player in the game?

What about the hundreds of thousands of soulstones that people used to make petpods, you're just going to let those get sucked up into the void? good way to force players to buy them along with PTS and TS off f10 I guess, gotta appease the shareholder gods.

What about legitimatly obtained pets from the rosethorn and saberfang boxes back when they were f10 exclusives? do we get those back? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hime said:

Not true. My account got pet pods removed and i have made ZERO pet pods by using merchant (not exploit but your mistake).

38 minutes ago, Hime said:

Your workaround was super bad then because this isn't true and you know it.

1 hour ago, Hime said:

thats a flat out lie.. 
also only giving back the gold cost for transmuting dont even come close to the total gold ppl spent on f5 on petpods, pets and soulstones

Edited by Blazerahn

24 minutes ago, Blazerahn said:

thats a flat out lie.. i only crafted maby 20-50 petpods and had over 180 before this all happend, also bught some from market cus i wanted to upgrade talisan. and you guys just removed it all.. 

These 300 pets I talk about in my post where also F5 (Player Auctionhouse) bought. I'm glad to read I am not the only player running into this specific issue where they also removed legitimate pets & pet pods together with the exploited ones.
Hopefully NCsoft/NCwest can have a further look at this (as I think this specific issue might've been overlooked) because the main focus was on restoring the outfits that customers paid real money for. 

12 minutes ago, Yasuhiro Yamamoto said:

These 300 pets I talk about in my post where also F5 (Player Auctionhouse) bought. I'm glad to read I am not the only player running into this specific issue where they also removed legitimate pets & pet pods together with the exploited ones.
Hopefully NCsoft/NCwest can have a further look at this (as I think this specific issue might've been overlooked) because the main focus was on restoring the outfits that customers paid real money for. 

You mean the customers who claim "no abuse" while going out of there way to purposefully buy duped resources because there cheaper? How is that any different from in rl going out of your way to buy stolen goods because there cheaper. Would you then complain if they got confiscated and argue you don't care if you new you were buying stolen good you want your money back? No because you would know your still in the wrong. The only reason it got abused so much was because so many players went out of there way to fund them and pay them gold and encourage them to keep doing it so they can get cheap, duplicated resources while trying to claim "i didn't do anything".