Why remove non tradeable outfits???

tocirml

I understand in some way why remove all exploited tradeable stuff.
But WHY non tradeable outfits?? speacially when they didnt remove tradeable stuff from accounts that didnt go bamboo, but they recieved a lot of mails with exploited items. 
Their nuke solution was so bad planned, they took weeks and even then their solution was horrible.

So many people was so happy with all the outfits, was the only reason they did the exploit, some people I know were going to TROVE to get Chromatic Threads to recolor the outfits.
But no, they decided to be greedy and remove that happiness from players. 

Thx NCsoft, keep diggin your own grave.

NC seems to think they have a monopoly where they can simply choke out their customers. Like sure, the items were illegitimate and they have the right to remove it. But at the same time, it actually encouraged people to play and spend some money? And as a dissatisfied paying customer, I have the right to find another product to spend my money on.

2 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Tradable or not doesnt matter, if it was obtained by unfair means, it should be removed.

The problem is that other costumes and stuff from previous purchases were deleted as well. If the "checking from account to account" method works and they are trying to do that now they should have just do that before simply doing a hammer all method. It is a slow process I agree but would have made less fuss than just hammer everyone. Plus it is great they knew about this bug for months but after "oops everyone knows now not just a few player" they can't simply take this as "oh well we screwed up but hey be happy with our present".

You all seem to be misinformed on a lot of things regarding companies, specifically mmos such as this one which utilizes the site itself for in game features.

First off, why remove marketable outfits but not bound ones? This one I find makes even less sense then doing vice versa, because once something is up on market, it is a player to player transaction, giving 0 profit to the company, regardless of means obtained. Bound outfits on the other hand are only obtainable if you already have them via either events or paying. In other words, a player that receives the bound outfit 100% of the time would have to go through the company, while a player that receives the marketable outfit receives it has the potential of ignoring the company altogether.

Secondly, mailing and marketing both have a common issue when deleting said things. They both go through the website, and can often be traced back to multiple characters. This means there could potentially be a layer of walls before they see "oh, this is illegitimate". Pet Pods even moreso, as you would have to look at where they came from, followed by how they were crafted, followed by what box (if one) the used pet came from, followed by was it an exploited box. This process, especially because they handled it so ignorantly, could take weeks, even months, due to the fact that these items could be used, or even sent to other players in the time they look for them.

However I can still see the outrage in the fact that people who upgraded or changed pods to packs got *away with it* while people who simply had something from a year ago lost everything. Clearly this was the move of a big brain 1 8 9 iq employee who must have known where the remove all button was.

21 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Tradable or not doesnt matter, if it was obtained by unfair means, it should be removed.

If that is the case then why they didnt remove the maxed pets and maxed talismans during the exploit then? that is even MORE unfair than the outfits itself, outfits dont give you any stats or advantage over other players, maxed pet and talisman do.

They should remove those instead outfits. . . Or remove both outfits and pet/talisman upgraded/obtained "DURING" the exploit, not the stuff from months or even years ago, like my case i got my Rosethorn 3 years ago spending like 300 Dollars in RNG boxes. Or my Moontide like a year ago for 200 Dollars. . . 

This people in fact have no idea of the damage they done.

Edited by LilyPipy

59 minutes ago, LilyPipy said:

If that is the case then why they didnt remove the maxed pets and maxed talismans during the exploit then? that is even MORE unfair than the outfits itself, outfits dont give you any stats or advantage over other players, maxed pet and talisman do.

That can't be easily done with some script since everyone upgraded different stages, that prolly would need to be done one by one per hand if they can even track what has been upgraded with exploited pet pods.

NCsoft definetly didn't handle it so well. My guess is someone along the chain of command thought to themselves "We can fix it later, no one knows about the exploit anyways" and thats why it took so long for it to get fixed. That type of bug should be fixed instantly.

I also blame players themselves too. I mean using currency(in this case threads) to get more said currency infinitly without restraint is most certainly something that should make you stop and think "Hey this is not how it is supposed to work." But obviously it did not and that tells alot about these people. Imagine if it was something bit more meaningful like RL money. You wouldn't exploit it then would you? Since it would most likely get you into reeeal trouble.

It does tell something about those people, but I think you're being too judgemental here.

We have a long relationship with NCsoft and their practices, game design choices or other decisions that directly impacted our experience

usually negatively without us having a say in it (server move?) So we have alot of disgruntled / jaded people that still like the gameplay

but dislike everything else. It's more complex than how you portrayed it.

Edited by luzt

On 29/08/2020 at 7:44 AM, Amarathiel said:

NCsoft definetly didn't handle it so well. My guess is someone along the chain of command thought to themselves "We can fix it later, no one knows about the exploit anyways" and thats why it took so long for it to get fixed. That type of bug should be fixed instantly.

I also blame players themselves too. I mean using currency(in this case threads) to get more said currency infinitly without restraint is most certainly something that should make you stop and think "Hey this is not how it is supposed to work." But obviously it did not and that tells alot about these people. Imagine if it was something bit more meaningful like RL money. You wouldn't exploit it then would you? Since it would most likely get you into reeeal trouble.

Dont know about you, but I found cookie clicker quite fun. Was checking out all my outfits, looking swagger dagger. I enjoyed running around in moontide outfits wayyyyyy more than grinding out dailies that keep having less and less effectiveness. NCSoft had prior warning months before we did, they made their bed now they can lay in it at the cost of our enjoyment for the game. Your issue about currency, first viable farming method in months!