Anybody else having a dificult time finishing dailies and weeklies?

Rmccn08

There are not a lot of players in the dungeon lobby anymore. And I don't see a lot of players doing weeklies throughout the week. Literally everybody does weekly raids on Wednesday and throughout the week there's maybe a few teams coming together.

I have noticed the same pattern for a while now and I think it can be attributed to NCSoft continually failing to meet the expectations of it's player base.

The recent server location moved the server to a somewhat central location in NA to a location on the far east increasing the ping of more players than it lowered.
They completely botched the handling of of the Moontide costume issue which while it probably helped to increase the player base initially and increase interest in the game, has since turned a lot of players away with NCSofts retaliation against it's community. 
"Events" which players relied on in the past to farm oils for gear progression have become more and more limiting with higher/less interesting (afk events) costs for less rewards.
The only way to effectively farm oils outside of events is content that has been revamped three times now. This is supposed to be "Blade and Soul" not "Bland and rip you Soul out with MSP farm simulator." I am not complaining about revamping old content here and there to bring it to the current gear level like they are doing for Naryu Sanctum and potentially Nightshade Harbor, but continuously keeping one instance a core part of the game when it's already not exactly "fun" is excessive and lazy. 
New content has been/largely will be, nothing more but further stat padding. The new "Compound" system, the extra gems on pets, the unity system, it's all just an impossible grind to get players to fork out cash for the easy way out.
They have further pushed players into a corner by reducing rewards from dungeons to fix their past mistakes with overzealous events (looking at the Hunters Refuge event) so there is less and less reason to run dungeons once you have farmed your 100 run achievement or farmed out your gear from the latest dungeon.

Honestly the list can go on and in all fairness no company is capable of pleasing it's entire player base, but there has to be some sort of balance between keeping the players happy and keeping the investors happy, otherwise players leave, dungeon ques become empty, revenues drop, and no one wins.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Rmccn08 said:

There are not a lot of players in the dungeon lobby anymore. And I don't see a lot of players doing weeklies throughout the week. Literally everybody does weekly raids on Wednesday and throughout the week there's maybe a few teams coming together.

I mean players do their weeklies when they want to do them, you cant blame players for that.

Also most players farm MSP now plus a lot of parties are being made directly on the server hence people rarely use the f8 lobby. Imo f8 should jsut be removed and people should use f7 on the server.

On 8/20/2020 at 1:14 PM, Grimoir said:

I mean players do their weeklies when they want to do them, you cant blame players for that.

Also most players farm MSP now plus a lot of parties are being made directly on the server hence people rarely use the f8 lobby. Imo f8 should jsut be removed and people should use f7 on the server.

Don't get it twisted, I'm not bashing anyone at all. I'm just having trouble completing dailies and weeklies because there aren't as many people queing or forming groups.

On 8/20/2020 at 12:51 PM, Killiefish said:

I have noticed the same pattern for a while now and I think it can be attributed to NCSoft continually failing to meet the expectations of it's player base.

The recent server location moved the server to a somewhat central location in NA to a location on the far east increasing the ping of more players than it lowered.
They completely botched the handling of of the Moontide costume issue which while it probably helped to increase the player base initially and increase interest in the game, has since turned a lot of players away with NCSofts retaliation against it's community. 
"Events" which players relied on in the past to farm oils for gear progression have become more and more limiting with higher/less interesting (afk events) costs for less rewards.
The only way to effectively farm oils outside of events is content that has been revamped three times now. This is supposed to be "Blade and Soul" not "Bland and rip you Soul out with MSP farm simulator." I am not complaining about revamping old content here and there to bring it to the current gear level like they are doing for Naryu Sanctum and potentially Nightshade Harbor, but continuously keeping one instance a core part of the game when it's already not exactly "fun" is excessive and lazy. 
New content has been/largely will be, nothing more but further stat padding. The new "Compound" system, the extra gems on pets, the unity system, it's all just an impossible grind to get players to fork out cash for the easy way out.
They have further pushed players into a corner by reducing rewards from dungeons to fix their past mistakes with overzealous events (looking at the Hunters Refuge event) so there is less and less reason to run dungeons once you have farmed your 100 run achievement or farmed out your gear from the latest dungeon.

Honestly the list can go on and in all fairness no company is capable of pleasing it's entire player base, but there has to be some sort of balance between keeping the players happy and keeping the investors happy, otherwise players leave, dungeon ques become empty, revenues drop, and no one wins.

100% agree with this. I wish they would put some effort into this game. Even with all the mistakes they've made in the past, If the very next patch they released was really good, tons of people come back.

Am 23.8.2020 um 00:30 schrieb Rmccn08:

I wish they would put some effort into this game.

Even tho they recycle old stuff now the old stuff they are going to recylce is so old that most players in EU/NA have never seen them yet so i think its a good thing.

For example E-fleet is gonna get a revamp and Naryu Sanctum 2 Dungeons which where pretty fun for most people and Sanctum actully had a nice mechanics with the range mark and melee mark and even some players you could call veteran now are to young in this game to have seen theese dungeons.

Now i am just waiting for Hardmode Raids so we can actully enjoy Black Tower and Temple of Eluvium again thoose are supposed to be 12 man raids but i could solo them dmg wise without a problem.

So I've been talking to the devs and others for a few weeks and, basically from the information i've been getting, it seems that problem is not really UE3, but rather =ow the game was built originally back in 2011 or 2012. Since theyre adding more and more content to the game, because of how they built the game using UE3, the client is having trouble dealing with new content like 3rd specs, newer dungeons and raids like WC, CC, H0, SP, etc, open world areas like moon refuge, mushins tower, blah blah blah.. So instead of actually reworking UE3, apparently it's easier for them to just upgrade to UE4. I just don't understand why they won't just be blunt and say that their working on performance.....are they scared that if they say something more people will stop spending money? Is it a surprise? Are they still working on it?!!!!!!!! Jeez..

Nice to hear that you could talk to those clueless puppets.

Regarding dailies:

If F8 try LFP for most instances. Anything beyond CC you might register a group yourself, most ppl dont like to make a group. You'd be suprised how often this helps out.

Regardigns weeklies:

Well, aside from making groups yourself. Try to find them weds/thurs or tues. Those days tend to have most activity. Also try to belong to the dominating faction, since the least groups look region-chat wise.