Item Removal from Moontide Outfit Exploit

Hime

Il y a 11 heures, Nicolee a dit :

What really is sick about their solution -- those who have been her longest are likely to have lost the most.  Or phrased another way -- the longer you've been here, the better the chance you have some of those items from the original events where they were introduced.  So if they remove all of those items, only the longest veterans will get the "full punishment" from having talked to the NPC.  Conversely, the newer the player, the less likely they are to have such items, so newer players will get hit the least.

Isn't that a "cool" effect for a community?  The longer you've been around, the more likely you are to have lost a bunch of outfits.  Its just another way NCSoft shows special consideration for their oldest players.

Not 100% true. I still know plenty of older players who did the exploit. Have their outfits and all their threads. I'm talking like thousands of threads. Plenty of those players now have the full azure dragon outfit too. It's better to be lucky than good sometimes. And these **** got lucky with the last patch.

Still no news? Can't wait to see what you guys gonna ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ up this coming Wednesday without informing players, again. The only exploit I see going on is this ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ company and their business practice. Thanks for scamming my money NCShit.

vor 14 Minuten schrieb Goshujin:

why they closed the tickets? It's not solved... no news...

The worst part about this is they write they cannot give any additional info but no matter how much times you answer so they dont close the ticked they keep closing it till you are eventually banned even thou you didnt do anything wrong you just want your unsolved support ticket to have the status unsolved aswell.

Its only for their quota i tell you their boss is probably expecting x ammount of solved tickets per day otherwise you get a talk with ur boss. I worked in that kind of buisness too its hell but its no excuse for doing something like this i mean just skip the ticket if you cant solve it !

P.S i just updated my ticket so its unsolved again support was already annoyed last time i wrote maybe they force close it now or something.

Edited by ImoutoMaster

11 hours ago, Nicolee said:

And how often do I hear whales whine about taking HM<18 along?

If you are HM<18 you don't need this dungs. Don't be lazy, play the game actually and you will get all you need. My alt is HM22 lol. Things don't drop from sky in asian mmo "f2p" games, you need to invest time and/or money, thats how it goes.

7 hours ago, ImoutoMaster said:

The worst part about this is they write they cannot give any additional info but no matter how much times you answer so they dont close the ticked they keep closing it till you are eventually banned even thou you didnt do anything wrong you just want your unsolved support ticket to have the status unsolved aswell.

Its only for their quota i tell you their boss is probably expecting x ammount of solved tickets per day otherwise you get a talk with ur boss. I worked in that kind of buisness too its hell but its no excuse for doing something like this i mean just skip the ticket if you cant solve it !

P.S i just updated my ticket so its unsolved again support was already annoyed last time i wrote maybe they force close it now or something.

Yeah, I also work in a tech support job with a ticket system and having massive amounts of unclosed tickets just looks bad - sometimes there are set KPOs for workers and teams where they can get into serious trouble/get fired if they haven't closed a certain amount of tickets, or if they leave a lot of tickets sitting open for a long period of time.

Some systems don't really account for the amount of times people reply back - even if there are circumstances that delay the resolution of the issue, all the system sees is that the ticket has been open for several weeks, and that looks bad on the performance record. Often when these kinds of mass issues happen, management will basically just say to keep sending automated replies back (saying "our team is working on it") and close the tickets, because they'll put out some kind of mass statement at some point and they will consider that the resolution.

On 8/20/2020 at 12:15 PM, Evilbeats said:

Best choice, when they do nothing, QUIT the Game, whats wrong here

Well, there's always the class action lawsuit route. For negligence and harassment for example. Probably an overkill, but who ever said you can't hunt rabbits by bombing the fields from orbit?

• Like 1

115 item pet pods deleted which I bought auction F5 i lost my gold, it was not compensated. I contacted support,  the problem was ignored, there was no attempt to help, they just closed the ticket without the possibility of reopening.
With such support, it is better not to play this, I'm very angry. Now I understand why the number of players playing is falling rapidly and why i can't find the group in F8.

• Like 1

I really love this game down to its core. I don't care about the people that say it's a dead game, or that the performance is ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ or that it's pay to win. Imo the game is what you make it to be. To me it's awesome. I firstly decided not to write anything but today on a Wednesday before reset i experienced that i had a hard time finding people for weekly stuff. Did this many people actually just leave the game because they lost a lot of stuff because of mistakes made by NCSOFT or is it just me?

I don’t like how our “community manager” is not happy about people calling their mistake an event. Why do they care about what we call it anyways. Event's in games are supposed to give free stuff right? and lately event's have been very limiting even for players whom plays a lot. Imo. they should have stopped it right from when the exploit was posted. They choose to fix it at the next maintenance but they can’t just wait another two weeks and then have this ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ solution? I mean it’s their fault that they let the exploit be for so long. Why even punish the players for it?

I personally did not see this “event” as a bad thing. It was an event where people actually could get something good and progress with items that many people only would dream of acquiring. Other people could try how it was to have outfits with set Emotes. Imo. this only made people more hyped about the fashion game and how it actually is to have a high tier of pet or talisman in this game. For me I suddenly could understand why people actually spend money on outfits. I could be wrong but this fashion hype there was would maybe have upped their sales in upcoming outfit boxes? Now I’m not even sure if people want to buy any outfits if there is the smallest chance of them losing them later on anyways due to a mistake that NCSOFT has not done yet. Another good thing imo. was that Arena was suddenly alive and there were no queue times and the chances to get matching up with the same player again was not high anymore since there would always be some new to get matched against.

Again it was not the people playing the game that did anything wrong. There was literally a forum post from NCSOFT that explained how the exploid worked. You can’t blame people exploiting this. You're literally asking for it. Why not close the server the moment this was noticed? bns NCWEST is not a big income for the NCSOFT at all so why not just close the server and fix the numbers in the merchant no matter how long it would take? And was there really not other solutions like making the outfits/pets not salvageable? 

Don’t write that you removed the items acquired from the moontide outfit exploit for those who exploited it. It’s so messed up the way it has been handled.

There are still characters that kept with pets and outfits while others didn’t, so the way of checking if people used the exploit is so very flawed.

There are people that lost their fair earned items now have to contact u guys to get their stuff back for a mistake that you guys did on the first hand?

People have to know what outfits they had beforehand and they have to prove that they had it. I’m not sure that everyone can remember this.

It’s not fair to act this late after a mistake that NCSOFT did. People spent resources and time according to this “event”. A lot of gold and/or farming time was lost to many people. How is this fair when you react so late? Imo. you should have let it go after fixing the merchant. Everything would go back to normal at some point. This way of fixing it was not right. I feel like this solution hit all the people u don’t want to leave the game. It hit all the loyal people that have gotten their outfits the right way and people that spend a lot of extra time to upgrade their gear. I also know people that actually began to play again because of all of the outfits. On the other hand there are people that earned a lot of gold or had the mats to upgrade their pet and talisman to max right away and they were not really harmed by this solution at all?  

I don’t think that this “Moontide event” harmed anyone in the game. Why punish people for a mistake that NCSOFT made in the first place when there are problems that are actually hurting the game? I have no real knowledge of this but I know cheating in arena/bg’s and removing gcd is a thing. These things do hurt the game way more than some free items that actually gave players possibilities.

I will still play since i really like this game, but it's definitely getting harder to like when stuff like this happens :/

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bladein said:

or that the performance is ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤

completely agree with everything except that, BnS is a game where your ping and fps is so relevent. I don't consider running bns with 20-30 fps or 200+ ms as playing, you're not playing bns at this point, and that's the only reason why Raids in bns feels so challenging, the mechanics are easy but for those who have like bad fps and 200+ ms in raids it just feels so difficult, and so it's not fun at all, for me it's just a constant struggle and all those fps freezes are just cancer to your eyes. I've been doing raids since BT release with 24man and quit right after IA release, the only reason i kept doing raids is because it's fun doing content with 11 or 23 other people, but the gameplay with 20 fps is NOT fun at all.

I expect them to remove the missing pets/pet pods and revert pets and talisman now. If they revert the pets and or talisman i will atleast make a pause of this game cause that would be so much progress removed from my pet.

If they cannot manage to fix a bug like this in 5 months it cant be considered a bug anymore it has to be a feature.

Yes, but, consider that this is the most exciting time we've had in a loooong time. Every week there is potential for something entirely unexpected to happen that will catch everyone off guard and light the skies ablaze, since the 'event' was published on the forum. When you stop caring about the state of the game, it becomes truly fascinating and entertaining to follow the development... kinda like a drama series. Just consider it a different form of entertainment from what it was originally intended as. Drama series instead of a MMORPG.

Stay positive, and remember that we're all just human - the players affected, as well as support that is dealing with this unprecedented situation. Whatever happens, at least we had entertainment to keep us occupied with the lockdown and its aftermath, which is all we could ask for. Many also got good practice writing requests / complaints to support, which is a skill that also translates to real life (even if all you get is bot responses).

Appreciate the positives, regardless of what they are mixed in with.

Love you all,

your fellow soulburn slave

So it took you guys a week to come to the conclusion to mass steal from players. And a week since the outcry still nothing. You guys going to give us any insight as to when you are going to either give everything back to everyone or actually go after everyone who abused the glitch?

Also are you going to give back the items from those who never participated in the incident? Threads outfits and all??

• NCSOFT

Hello all,

Our plan today was to update you on our next steps in addressing this issue. However, we did not receive confirmation on the dev team's testing of the resolution due to the typhoon disrupting their network.

We want to assure you that this issue remains a priority for us to resolve and we hope to share our plan soon. Thank you.

• Like 2

good again and still no news from you for the outfits and other that YOU stole from us because there is an employee of YOUR company who is doing ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ and all the players are extorted from the outfits which for 3/4 of the players had bought it is the worst communication blow that you have gone to date by the non-information and the abusive closing of the tickets the players will remember this story for life.

• Like 1

Excusez moi, 

Why do you people give us information about this AFTER the maintenance instead of before?
Surely, you know such info but do not want to share it till after you have done whatever you people have done because there is no way in hell that you don't know what is going to be done for the maintenance and not give the players an update. Instead you choose to do it AFTER... God...I can't...
I just can't... Y'all know what u are doing... Treating us like idiots.

Edited by Red0p
  • Like 1

ticket solved ... new week nothing new .. its hard to stay positiv if you play the game for so long as some one like me or a klanmember of mine.

i´m not done yet with this. I spend to much money in the past in random boxen  ( funny we got new one so fast after all of this ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤)

i think it was to fast for the new ones ... and it makes no good picture of this Company.

Thanks Hime for the Update, sad the other people of ncsoft cant tell us sooner they got a problem untill we cry again here xD

its now my favoirte drama show nr 1 ... well korea got some good Drama shows ...

It feel like  in an abba song ...

Mama mia...

1 minute ago, Red0p said:

Excusez moi, 

Why do you people give us information about this AFTER the maintenance instead of before?
Surely, you know such info but do not want to share it till after you have done whatever you people have done because there is no way in hell that you don't know what is going to be done for the maintenance and not give the players an update. Instead you choose to do it AFTER... God...I can't...
I just can't... Y'all know what u are doing... Treating us like idiots.

It's called a 'cliffhanger' and it's used to build suspense in drama.

29 minutes ago, Rhiakath said:

See! Exactly what I was talking about just a few posts up. Did ya see a TYPHOON coming into play with the Moontide Saga? Not likely! Unexpected stuff quota of the week is filled.

Can't wait for next week's update.

Typhoon Bavi is actually hitting Korea, so its not like they made it up.

Hello,

Many people want to update the pet aura and the talisman, just don’t dare as you keep the players in awe because you don’t give out any information about the situation.

This is not the solution they have done. What should people do, improve or not?