Item Removal from Moontide Outfit Exploit

Hime

The best thing that NCsoft can do right now is to load in there saved inventory files from preupdate to give back items and things to the players.  The players yeah did use the exploit but it was not there fault for finding something out that was NC fualt.  I know my self and a friend did buy pets and right now I am out 2-3k gold of pets that I did buy off the market. Buddy of my has been in the game for years spending over 400USD a month lost all his pets and outfits his gotten from trove.  now is asking for a recall from his bank for money spent and quieting the game.  

With things gone the way they are NC will be losing allot more people in just this week.  NC just bite the bullet and give everything back to the players/ exploit or not it was not there fault... that or lose more players in one week that you have lost in a year. 

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Hime:

from those who abused it

So basically you removed items from people who participated in this event for months since first tickets date back for more than 4 months. Months of doing nothing, having people max out their pet/talisman, psyches and mostly generate infinite money to max out pet stones. Get rich to buy oils, gem fragments, etc. Concluding any game altering action which makes a players character stronger by better/BiS gear is punishable nowadays.

At the same page ppl who xml their chars e.g. BG to basically win unconditionally, this is fine? Must be kidding me.

And now casual players who did not make a fortune using your event are getting punished for having some cosmetic which is neither game breaking nor hurting anyone but your sales? Now thats plain unreasonable. Fix BG so ppl would actually consider doing this, not punishing ppl by not being able to participate in an even by NC which was unannounced for what I can assume over half a year.

There is evidence all over the game. What I asssumed was winter trove, but since pet rate is just low (not even pointing at awakening a cosmetic pet with 5+ petpods for the funzies), was atleast the start when those who originally found the event started selling their extra pods in order to make money.

Did all of those people had any reprecussions @Hime? I dont think so, since all your staff did was neglect a game breaking issue for a very long time and did not bother two kahoots if a new player speaks to that NPC - which why again did a game news site announce what NPC? is this a sham all along to actively reduce this already low playerbase? - any ingame notice wouldve been nice. An email. Your fancy twitter. Why does all that exist if nothing is used? For a third party web based mmo blog to announce this feature? If any you should hold them responsible for making this glitch public, but that'd be actually work and your staff isn't very thrilled to work properly when I look at patchnotes and stuff.

Zitat

Please be aware, that CS will not be able to provide additional details or compensation.

So what I learned this event: Do not bother playing a game the right way, since ppl who hack will win over you in any way, shape or form. CS can not provide any assistance wether you report a hacker with evidence, nor when NC staff steals items you obtained by event currency, which if I readd carefully is totally useless since this event rn isn't worth doing.

So your CS can only tell us to post here, so our posts can be ninja removed? (*takes a screenie just in case*)

With the games current state this is very thin ice. Punishing the small number who did a decent oopsie, which been abused by many people over an extended amount off time.

YES I do get it: CS has way to many request to handle alone. But I guess this is what is in store when removing items without actually checking if they are legit or not. And at this point of being a game feature for several months...just refund all items you removed and atleast the players who actively used to play, will atleast play. I've never seen the dominating factions chat this empty in a very long, long time.

Are you returning gold we spent from buying items from F5 and Faction during that week too? There are two problems with this so far:
I bought my stuff from the in-game sources (F5 and Chat) and still had my items deleted (yes I did touch the NPC before the forum notice came up);
The players who, possibly, exploited and sold items keep the gold and go unharmed, but buyers have their gold and pet pods deleted;

Confiscated me: pet pod 100+, tiger pet 120+, 200+ wool, 4000+ soulstone, these are all purchased from f5 or players.  They cost me 20k+ gold coins!  !:JinsoyunPale:

39 minutes ago, Carc001 said:

Please make a decision before the 120 ncoin chests event ends. Your final decision will enlighten me as to whether I continue to put money into your games.

same. @Hime revert the deleted pet pods and costumes. it was the right call to delete designer threads from everyone and outfit boxes, but the pet pods costed extra materials and gold. and most people had some of the costumes long before the exploit so

To be honest they shouldnt have touched the designer threads as well. People could have them before the exploit and that clever move to only remove stuff from people who talked to npc?

You do realise we dont see the forums 24/7 or some people used alt accounts and they still have all their stuff in their accounts?

What a terrible problem fix that creates even more problems AND it pisses off all of your players.What a terrible support automated messages saying "we cant do anything to help you cause we await the global decision" How on earth a global fix can help separated cases? How will your return me the fashions you stole from me? My chromatic threads? My hard earned gold that i spend on that f5 market?  

Im expecting my stuff returned or you lose all credibility I have on you ,i take my premium refund and get gone for real.

You cant blame players for your employees mistakes. You should have taken the hit and moved on , numerous people actually took interest in your game after this ,came back and even invested. Now you ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ off 90 percent of your playerbase ? Clever move.

Ncwest are you really tryharding to close down your servers? You should be clear with us so we dont actually invest our time and money in a dead game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Carc001 said:

Please make a decision before the 120 ncoin chests event ends. Your final decision will enlighten me as to whether I continue to put money into your games.

You still have any doubts about it? If so, you should continue giving money to them really :)

How they continue form this point is irrelevant, whatever they do it cant be fair resolution. Incompetence in handling this issue is not good will of some GM or community manager, its essential inability to deal with technical problems that sure can and will arise in future.

Well i was willing to spend some money on the game this month. Now i'm more like quitting the game instead. This is just stupid. I bought soulstones and pet pods and now i get everything deleted. Also can i get back my stuff that i accidentally deleted during the "event"? Like my Demigod costume? 

If you want to take away outfits obtained after the exploit, fine. But if you can't do it without also removing legitimate items that people paid real money for then maybe you shouldn't do it. Was there supposed to be some kind of date check on this to see if the costumes were obtained after the exploit? If so it clearly didn't work - I had my Oracle taken away that I got from boxes purchased with the original Moontide tokens, my Crimson Butterfly that I've had for well over a year (I don't even remember which box it was originally from), and my Rosethorn that was gifted to me by a friend for my birthday.

Several of my friends also purchased Chromatic Thread legitimately (via trove or directly from the HM store) in order to customize costumes that were taken away - whether the costumes were exploited or not, the threads that they paid real money for should still be refunded.

I lost 200+ plus pet pods to that I have before this incident, and 530 pet pods I bought from f5, cause me fking a lot money, also I fight 600+ times 1v1 this season to get soulstones, and now, you guys just brainless removed all? I had been played this game since the server start and really into it, spent ton and ton of my time and really life currencies!!! Also I had 360+ outfit in my f3, now only320!!! If this is how you treat to your players I'm done with this stupid game. Give all my pet pods back, I BOUGHT THEM!!! I never play as a merchant, all materials I farm was used on myself, so at least return my original outfits and make pet pods to pet packs to me at least. Or I'm done with it, not just me, all my friends around are suffering your brainless action in this time!!! You know what's gonna happened!!!

ticket #:23597601

character name: yingchiop

server: Yura

11 hours ago, Kazuma Draken said:

Buddy of my has been in the game for years spending over 400USD a month lost all his pets and outfits his gotten from trove.  now is asking for a recall from his bank for money spent and quieting the game.  

At one point, NCSoft had a policy to disable any accounts that had a funding recall issued against them.

11 hours ago, Kazuma Draken said:

With things gone the way they are NC will be losing allot more people in just this week.  NC just bite the bullet and give everything back to the players/ exploit or not it was not there fault.

"Not their fault?"  NC Soft could take the position that losing all of those items is the penalty for having touched the NPC even if they didn't see any caution not to.  As far as the money?  I know some that have spent well over 65K USD since they started playing.

I noticed that many of the items taken from accounts have been made available in F10 and via the event currency.  Coincidence?

11 hours ago, Dokkoudou said:

So basically you removed items from people who participated in this event for months since first tickets date back for more than 4 months. Months of doing nothing, having people max out their pet/talisman,...

I wish people would stop spreading this nonsense, because to upgrade pets/talismans, you need Elder scales for the higher upgrades, and those items are not free nor easily obtainable.  Claiming you can upgrade without, near-impossible-to-get, scales is just false.  While this has been pointed out earlier, some people continue to spread lies in order to create more drama and pour fuel on the fire.  

That's often called trolling.  Perhaps people who are trolling here and trying to stir people up are the real ones who should be given suspensions.

41 minutes ago, Nicolee said:

I wish people would stop spreading this nonsense, because to upgrade pets/talismans, you need Elder scales for the higher upgrades, and those items are not free nor easily obtainable.  Claiming you can upgrade without, near-impossible-to-get, scales is just false.  While this has been pointed out earlier, some people continue to spread lies in order to create more drama and pour fuel on the fire.  

That's often called trolling.  Perhaps people who are trolling here and trying to stir people up are the real ones who should be given suspensions.

I personally know and witnessed very large number of people who maxed their equip on abusing merchant. And im not type of person that knows many people or looks around what other people doing ;) So your statement have nothing to do with reality.

4 minutes ago, Bl4de said:

I personally know and witnessed very large number of people who maxed their equip on abusing merchant. And im not type of person that knows many people or looks around what other people doing ;) So your statement have nothing to do with reality.

and where did they get the scales which can't be purchased on market?  Oh, excuse me, I have seen some at 1000G+ -- meaning the cost of the pet pods was incidental.

Edited by Nicolee

1 minute ago, Nicolee said:

and where did they get the scales which can't be purchased on market?

Maybe by playing game? Idk whats your problem with scales but who is any decently geared and plays this game regular have tons of those. I even have enough golden scales on 2 of my alts to max out pet right now.

Just now, Bl4de said:

Maybe by playing game? Idk whats your problem with scales but who is any decently geared and plays this game regular have tons of those. I even have enough golden scales on 2 of my alts to max out pet right now.

Then your equipment is already maxed.  Weapon, and all top-tier accessories take those scales.  So the only way you'd have a ton of those is if your equipment was steel tier and above when you no longer need scales.  And you call that "decently geared".  You've exposed your equipment as being in the top tier if you don't need scales to upgrade, but then you would need steels, I suppose you have tons of those too?

That would mean you have no equipment needing upgrades, and you are calling that decently geared?

Lol.  nice.

1 minute ago, Nicolee said:

Then your equipment is already maxed.  Weapon, and all top-tier accessories take those scales.  So the only way you'd have a ton of those is if your equipment was steel tier and above when you no longer need scales.  And you call that "decently geared".  You've exposed your equipment as being in the top tier if you don't need scales to upgrade, but then you would need steels, I suppose you have tons of those too?

That would mean you have no equipment needing upgrades, and you are calling that decently geared?

Lol.  nice.

Cmon those scales are in game for almost a year now. My alts are nowhere close to be max geared. Ofc my main is. Steels? ET raid weapon ones? That raid is like what 15 months old? I sure understand not all players are on that lvl of gear, but trust me huge number of people are, and have absolutely no issue in getting scales.

If they have no problem getting those scales, all they have to do is sell one at 1000g, and buy 6 pet pods off market at the pre-"event" price.  If they scales were that easy to come by, they wouldn't be 1000+g on market while petpods have been maxing around 150.  You can get 20 pet-upgrade tokens for $20 on F10 -- that's closer to $1.25/pet.  The pet pods haven't been a limiting factor for a long time.

Edited by Nicolee

8 minutes ago, Nicolee said:

If they have no problem getting those scales, all they have to do is sell one at 1000g, and buy 6 pet pods off market at the pre-"event" price.  If they scales were that easy to come by, they wouldn't be 1000+g on market while petpods have been maxing around 150.  You can get 20 pet-upgrade tokens for $20 on F10 -- that's closer to $1.25/pet.  The pet pods haven't been a limiting factor for a long time.

Well i don't see a point in spamming this thread with this discussion. Noone sane is buying sealed scales on market. Anyone with 5+ mil dps can solo CC, or if you dont have 5m dps you get at least 1.5 scales per day just by doing top dungeons on easy mode. My main parses 15m atm. You understand gear difference between 5m and 15m right? Over and out on this topic about scales ;)

Edited by Bl4de

• NCSOFT

Hello all,

We want to let you know that we are still investigating this issue and making progress. Due to the size of this issue, it's requiring more time. We will have another update tomorrow and hope to have a resolution we can communicate then. Thank you for bearing with us.

1 hour ago, Hime said:

Hello all,

We want to let you know that we are still investigating this issue and making progress. Due to the size of this issue, it's requiring more time. We will have another update tomorrow and hope to have a resolution we can communicate then. Thank you for bearing with us.

@Hime can u please let us know if buying pets from the marketplace with gold (pets who were probably exploited) and transmuting them into pet pods is fine? are we gonna get the pet pods back? if not do we get the gold and the transmutation cost? 

I'm sure that most people are in this situation. could u please give an answer?

This is really ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ serious that the company hard removing items from the inventory of players. Pretty sure it is not a legal action.
And a lot of people did not even get affected by it. Revert it immediately to not embarrass yourself any more that you already have. And give all the soulstones and gold back!