Remember PVP?

ARC-1276

Ya, I remember PVP, one of the main selling attractions for this game. Ever since the new patches though, the game has became hilariously unbalanced. Archer absolutely dominates, Summoner is now just a poor man's Archer, Des is invincible, Sin is invincible, and BD has so many iframes it might as well be invincible. BMs kill you in two hits, FMs endlessly smash your face against a wall, and Warden's just a joke.

I'm honestly worried about my own mental health just constantly queuing and seeing the same three guys over and over again, with only mild reprieve when I fight someone who isn't a KFM, Archer, BD, or has an invincibility skill. The way it plays just screams "we didn't think through the game design and we don't care how it affects the gameplay." Hell, I can't even recall the last time we had a tournament, and I'm pinning this on the awakening patch.

Honestly, just ban 3rd spec in arena, or just disable it. So many classes are fundamentally broken now because of it. On top of that, just nerf Archer so it's not impossible to hit at all times because it's on the other side of the map, or because it's iframing while doing 10% per hit. I sincerely don't care about anything else other than just simply not having to worry about third spec, or Archer and thinking "So I've lost?" whenever I enter a match.

Xml noobs that can't handle losing 

Awaken noobs same above 

Macros noobs, not our problem you wanna pvp with your bad connection be smart

Noobs using A.I assist since they can't handle playin alone, what world do yall live in.

We all know pvp's a joke now and kr is the blame. Last time I've checked their tournament was 2 years ago in a coffee shop and not that giant building they always steam inside. That point blank told me this games tournament days were over. Next thing they've tried were PVE raid tournaments and that stupid battle ground, like anyone wants to see nonsense like that.

They know they've jacked this game up, a simple solution like remaking a classic version of this game would fix so much.

Same game just with older skills NO REVAMPS! If some attacks need buffing to make it a fair game for pvp/e then buff them! Don't revamp the whole dang character.

The only thing I'd change is the point system we had back then, always found that annoying.

9 hours ago, Cathy said:

Xml noobs that can't handle losing 

Awaken noobs same above 

Macros noobs, not our problem you wanna pvp with your bad connection be smart

Noobs using A.I assist since they can't handle playin alone, what world do yall live in.

We all know pvp's a joke now and kr is the blame. Last time I've checked their tournament was 2 years ago in a coffee shop and not that giant building they always steam inside. That point blank told me this games tournament days were over. Next thing they've tried were PVE raid tournaments and that stupid battle ground, like anyone wants to see nonsense like that.

They know they've jacked this game up, a simple solution like remaking a classic version of this game would fix so much.

Same game just with older skills NO REVAMPS! If some attacks need buffing to make it a fair game for pvp/e then buff them! Don't revamp the whole dang character.

The only thing I'd change is the point system we had back then, always found that annoying.

Not just that. The points system now is completely busted. It doesn't take into account performance in the slightest. You can get matched against some smurf at lower-ranking, spend forever trying to kill the thing and lose because of time out, then lose 33 points JUST BECAUSE THEY WERE AT A LOWER RATING!

On top of that, if you come back after a week or two, queue, and lose to someone of lower-ranking, the game doesn't take that into account and you end up in ELOHell. Someone can easily argue that you just simply spar for a bit, but no one is interested in sparring. Everyone's competing for points, so let the guys who're rusty get a little slack for being gone for a week or two.

Overall, there is so many quality of life changes that they can make to the ranking system. Maybe make losing to stallers less impactful, because God knows we've all had those matchups when we're fighting some dude and he just spends the entire time running away from you rather than fighting, and the last thing we want to see is that we've been knocked from 1700 to 1670. Hell, maybe even do something about the tie-breaker system, because raw damage output alone doesn't decide anything. There are plenty of classes that win just because they can heal more than their opponent and survive the war of attrition. Or maybe one guy's really low on health and is literally a hit or two away from death, but for some reason they win because they do more damage while you're at full HP. Maybe that'll incentivize stallers to stop stalling the match because it'll take more into account than just simply how much damage they did. In some of the match ups for let's say, a Warden or a SF, the condition to win for them is to kill the target, because they can't win via time out, because that target does so much damage that their healing will just break even.