Forums

PVP time restrictions (3v3) your thoughts ?

ImoutoMaster

Hello everyone:

since i recently wrote to support certain reasons why i want it to be removed and it seemed like they actully understand my concerns. (sure KR will change nothing thou) I wanted to ask you guys about your oppinion too since i might actully be in the minoritiy of people thinking thoose time restrictions are bad.

Here are the reasons:

1. we have a certain group of players that invade our server. They use every exploid, xml or whatever they can to take all our top spots to buy Gem powder with the earned HM coins and sell them for gold to get Real money by selling the gold.

2. Thoose invaders are aside from the xml etc. also playing better than our top 5 EU Players mostly and sadly you encounter them even on 1350 on a regular basis making it near impossible to reach gold rank for like 95% of the playerbase.

3. Its my favourite pvp mode but we dont see alot of new players there now thx to the difficulty we have.

In short: Due to the short time period we can play 3v3 all the top players and the group i mentioned are playing in silver elo which results in way to hard matches making it to hard for new and non top 5 players to win at all which in return keeps new players away from 3v3 at all.

Before thoose time restrictions we had a somewhat alive que 1600 was pretty easy and it started getting hard at 1650 and what we have right now started with 1700 which we have in 1400 already now. Thats not how you get new players into liking pvp if they just get destroyed. They need a learning curve too they cant beat top 5 players right after they start the game.

I dont wanna say you should get 1600 and the season rewards for free but you shouldnt get top 5 players on a regular basis until you have 1650 atleast. If there are some that cant be changed but not litterly every match.

• 1 year later...

Originally, the threshold for 6v6 rankings was also 1600.  I feel like the threshold change to 1400 got a lot more characters involved.   Maybe a change like this could help 3v3 become more popular.

A different approach could include an incentive to queue, say the participate 3 matches reward increased (either with event stuffs or just more beans/etc, maybe a special pvp stuffs bundle like in those battle ration pouches previously).  Beware, participation rewards can encourage people trying to get through the matches as quickly as possible and this can lead to skewed competitive rankings.

NOTE: 3v3 has the highest individual player ratings of all modes, so in theory, you could infer that its the most competitive/popular mode. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2021 at 9:06 AM, ElectricPotato said:

Originally, the threshold for 6v6 rankings was also 1600.  I feel like the threshold change to 1400 got a lot more characters involved.   Maybe a change like this could help 3v3 become more popular.

Sorry for this late reply.

I doubt more people play 6v6 cause of the time restriction. Its more like people have less time to rank up all their trash alts so they come at the same time now but yeah i never really complained about the time restriction in 6v6 people only played around that time anyway but 3v3 is different.

People played every day and sometimes till 2 am. Thx to the time restriction its 3 days a week for just 3 hours. This is also pushin the wintraders into the same 3 hour timeline the legit players have. So our problem is since everyone is forced to join at the same measily 3 hours people in 1300 regulary get platin players or even worlds players making this gamemode not really enjoyable for new or less skilled players aside from that most matches you find will get canceled cause of wintraders not wanting to risk it.

A different approach could include an incentive to queue, say the participate 3 matches reward increased (either with event stuffs or just more beans/etc, maybe a special pvp stuffs bundle like in those battle ration pouches previously). 

If the rewards do not change heavily its not an incentive. thx to this time restriction and the constant acceptance of cheaters most real pvpers left the game. To revive PVP we need something like community tournaments where you win for examplel 50k gold every 3 months.

I write this cause there was a community made tournament and magically 1v1 was alive again for a short period of time. But its not in NCwests interest i guess cause i dont even get a reply as to why they wont do this.

NOTE: 3v3 has the highest individual player ratings of all modes, so in theory, you could infer that its the most competitive/popular mode. 

At this point its not sadly.