Terrible game design: Nyraka

Arohk

Today i entered Nyraka for the first time since it came out, i have heard about the bad FPS inside and lags, but i had no idea how horrible it actually was until now. i waited a while till the biggest storm has calmed down and fewer people would go inside, my character actually gets a good amount of kills right now.

As you can see, with the lowest end setting is still have fps in one digit numbers sometimes it goes up to 15 but thats it.

rIivLhf.jpg

But lets not talk about that.

The whole design philosophy for a zone like that is bad, what is the point of it even? The drop rate of the Stones in there is terrible, ~20% .

So in order to buy one box for a gem you have to kill 3000 enemies, don't know how many hours that takes just having your PC suffering trying to display the few pixels.

You design content like this around the Hongmoon Store, making it as uncomfortable to play as possible to drive people to pay for the stones, that is the whole idea behind it.

Edited by Arohk

4 hours ago, Arohk said:

You design content like this around the Cash shop, making it as uncomfortable to play as possible to drive people to pay for the stuff, that is the whole idea behind it.

Yep, that's how most F2P and mobile games work now days, Not exactly news.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Volaan72 said:

I despair at your attitude, you have given up, maybe you are young and new to the mmo, this type of thing might be all you know but sticking up for shark company and belittling a valid complaint makes my blood boil.

I've played most MMO's on the market, and this is how they all work, Unless you pay sub fee ofc then they still have cash shop but don't try to "sell you the solution" like a lot of F2P games do.

Also i'm not "sticking up for shark company" i am just telling him.. that this is how most games work nowdays, Just because he just found it out does not mean it's news or OUTRAGEOUS!!! It's just how they do games nowdays.

Edited by Uldrum

1 hour ago, polarfoxy said:

3000 kills needed.... well, you have the auto/bot option like afk fishing there. use it.

i did that for a few hours, but when i came back my character stood outside of the dungeon and i dont know for how long or  what happened.

You died. Could have been another player, could have been by mobs due to auto-combat bugging out, game freezing for too long, or any unfortunate thing happening. Play with Ctrl+X to reduce the freezes, it slightly increases your survivability in that zone.

you can check the battle chat for when you died and why. 

i play with max settings (only turned off motion blur/depth of field) in 1680x1050 window mode and i have 20-40fps inside that zone, rarely below 20. 

im always on auto-combat and the thing i hate most is that the terrain isnt flat, because of that my directional aoe skills dont hit the mobs. 

5 hours ago, Rhiakath said:

You died. Could have been another player, could have been by mobs due to auto-combat bugging out, game freezing for too long, or any unfortunate thing happening. Play with Ctrl+X to reduce the freezes, it slightly increases your survivability in that zone.

When ever I leave my PC over night farming, I always put PvP Soul Shields for More HP and survivability , PvP Bracelet and PvP Belt, 50 Offense, 20 Defence, +25 Health Regen,  +15 Move Speed and my character does survive most of the nights. Most of the time it's not the players that kill people in Nyraka, It's the NPC, so many times while playing other games on my second monitor and Auto Farming in Nyraka I noticed NPC doing abnormal amount of damage, especially the Elite ones, they can almost one shot you, so many times I saw my HP go from 500k to 10k in one hit and so many times I saw my character die because of the mobs and not the players, I stopped leaving my character with Full PvE and my character survives most of the nights no problem, but there is that low percentage that even with Half PvE/PvP gear it gets destroyed by mobs. 

They also seem to Ninja nerf the drop rate of Pet Gem Chests, before leaving PC over night I used to get 5-6 Pet Chests each night, every time, the first week of release, Left PC for 84 Hours and received 38 Pet Chests, This week I left PC for 55 Hours and only received 5 Pet Chests, The amount is too huge to be bad RNG or Coincidence clan members also been asking if drop rate was nerfed, so glad to know I am not the only one, Won't be leaving over night anymore, not worth my electricity bills.

Edited by SayhaSeer

theres a chance that talking about it like this could do some good for everyone. i agree it is quite bad. i also agree about the uselessness of the comment regarding complacency on their pessimistic outlook.

it is a marker of a continuing trend of development that really disappoints me in terms of where this game was on release, on top of a lot of other things, i hope development shifts back to an appreciation for the core of the game and the methods of growth that were emphasized in the past. i know people have been cheating undisturbed since release and it really bothers me that auto combat is being integrated instead of prevented. on top of that, the auto combat logic is so poor and we cant effect it in anyway without cheating - im assuming those folks would alter their macros if they had any window of control. among all the things that make the future grim, a video game steering off a cliff in terms of their development shouldn’t bother me so much, but here i am now on a public forum complaining about it.

i would make great macros if it didnt jeopardize my account, but i always admired blade and soul for being a game that would play better without automating skill chains and playing manually for improvisational advantages, but then the frame rate and latency proves the boring macro hacker full advantage especially when  they are paying for servicing to their ping against anyone else’s.

something about the harmful mentality of weighing short-term over longer term gains. only fashion matters, fashion and making zero mistakes