Hime

Moontide Outfit Purchase with Designer Threads Issue (cont.)

Recommended Posts

Hime   

Hello all,

 

Today, we have addressed the issue with NPC Gu Okrim in Bamboo Village selling the Moontide outfit at the incorrect Designer Thread price. 

 

We will be taking further steps that will help us to take quicker action in disabling exploits with NPCs. We’ve suspended accounts that heavily abused the exploit, and have and will continue to remove as much of their gold and items gained from it. Our investigation of this issue will continue, and we may take additional actions based on our findings. 

 

As a reminder, exploits are not an intended feature of the game nor an ‘event.’ We thank you for your diligence and honesty, and we apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sevXone   
Posted (edited)

Oil event when?

 

On a serious note, this situation was handled horribly, hire some staff or something for next time.

Edited by sevXone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

While it is understood that it was not intended, please remember that this occurrence has been healthy for the playerbase, and the playerbase is what keeps this game afloat. Any additional actions that would anger the playerbase is NOT what you want. I hope that your team fully considers this before taking any potential actions.

Edited by GilbyGlibber

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no exploit involved. People reported this to the support in tickets, they were told it's under investigation and yet nothing happened. This means there was nothing wrong about it. You messed up the price. Nothing was bugged, nothing was broken. The vendor used your own prices changed in the patch. If you are stupid enough (or incompetent) to not bring down the server or hotfix it, then maybe it's not a good idea to blame players and punish them when they start having fun in your scamcenter. I'd call it casino but you can actually cash out there and take something of value home.

Maybe it's finally time to review what kind of updates you get. I know it sounds like a lot of work but hey, that's how it goes.
The fix you got is equally hilarious. You remove the most useless part of the gains which are (some of) the outfits, some Designer Threads and roll out 3-7 day bans.


If you would be a tiny bit competent or know how in-game stuff works, you would have removed both the tiger and the fish pet from Ped Pod transmutation at least.
You are also talking about removing their gold gained from it, which you cannot possibly determine by any means. Which gold? The one they have? The one they invested? The one they traded back to their main account? The one they got from flipping Pet Pods? The one they got from selling Soulstones? At this point I don't even think you have a clue about people doing this event on a brand new alt account, which you won't track back because you are either lazy or incompetent once again.
You act like an angry 4 year old who got his sand castle ruined by the waves.

Roll out your bans and think about how to run a game service.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Lol why are we getting punished now?? one of your employee literally wrote down how the exploit works in a very detailed word for word. If she didn't post that stupid post in the first place this situation wouldn't be getting out of hand.

Edited by zipzap182

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NCSOFT got tickets months ago, i said MONTHS AGO, about that npc.... and ncsoft did NOTHING. N O T H I N G. And now, You guys wanna punishing people for exploit. Nice job ncsoft (ironic).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aweiei   

There was absolutely 0 announcement in the game telling people not to use the merchants. How are people supposed to even realise that this was not working as intended? I don't waste my time checking the forums/reddit/whatever everyday before logging in and I doubt anyone in their right minds would do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PRrexoe   
3 hours ago, Hime said:

Hello all,

 

Today, we have addressed the issue with NPC Gu Okrim in Bamboo Village selling the Moontide outfit at the incorrect Designer Thread price. 

 

We will be taking further steps that will help us to take quicker action in disabling exploits with NPCs. We’ve suspended accounts that heavily abused the exploit, and have and will continue to remove as much of their gold and items gained from it. Our investigation of this issue will continue, and we may take additional actions based on our findings. 

 

As a reminder, exploits are not an intended feature of the game nor an ‘event.’ We thank you for your diligence and honesty, and we apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused.

Sadly theres no ingame game masters anymore 1 command line and you can poof the NPC until next maintenance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Aweiei said:

There was absolutely 0 announcement in the game telling people not to use the merchants. How are people supposed to even realise that this was not working as intended? I don't waste my time checking the forums/reddit/whatever everyday before logging in and I doubt anyone in their right minds would do that.

By using your head to think. Being able to buy boxes with threads to get more threads you can use to buy even more boxes doesn't sound wrong at all? That would make the rng boxes 1000% meaningless not to mention the ability to get infinite items. Name a single mmo game which lets you buy end game level stuff like this for free without limits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bl4de   
Il y a 13 heures, xXDONXx a dit :

i just back to the game and i did spend in 2 month 1360 euro only NCoins to fix my gear and when people abused the game i was with them i never seen BnS do anymove to fix the bug as they said they leave it and what they do ? they give in last day gems powders and Crystals to upgrade your pet Gems and to buy  more and more , now i got banned 3 days because i did what everyone in the game did , it's ok for me when they do it for all players but i am surprised all players playing and there who never sleep when he do that things , thank you blade and soul to make the bug and say it's mistake when people really need what is drop from there , thank you to make us leave the game i am sure i don't wanna play or use real money for game like this anymore and you said at  last we who do abuse the bug  when it's by your hand , if i leave my house open and the food inside and told the cats don't eat they will eat because me who open the door for them  you can fix the bug from first day it's not need one week to do it easy to close server and fix everything for 1 day not make more 100k player leave the game and give old players ban because they did what everyone do in the game , anyway big thanks 

http://prntscr.com/tutj65

http://prntscr.com/tutjmr

http://prntscr.com/tutjqo

http://prntscr.com/tutju8

 

 

Yes ncsoft handled this issue horrible, yes this "solution" they are doing right now for sure wont be fair, and yes you got baited as a cat to free food, its difficult to resist right ;) But lets not all play dumb here and say that everyone who was doing it was not aware it was not intended way to make profit and unfair in its essence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LambSoup   
58 minutes ago, Amarathiel said:

By using your head to think. Being able to buy boxes with threads to get more threads you can use to buy even more boxes doesn't sound wrong at all? That would make the rng boxes 1000% meaningless not to mention the ability to get infinite items. Name a single mmo game which lets you buy end game level stuff like this for free without limits.

lol other mmo rpg would hot fix the problem and not announce it to everyone, it their problem for telling everyonea dn not hot fixing it, it not had to go into the coding and changing the value to the correct number,

funny are u a mod or dev bc it very unprofessional, 90% of ya would be fire if u was with league of legend or real esport company. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Walex   

Now I should get like 1k free pet pods for not going to Bamboo Village at all, as a reward ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Miiyo   
vor 6 Stunden schrieb Hime:

Hello all,

 

Today, we have addressed the issue with NPC Gu Okrim in Bamboo Village selling the Moontide outfit at the incorrect Designer Thread price. 

 

Yeah, before you actually fix this issue, I definitely will have my PhD as well :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, LambSoup said:

lol other mmo rpg would hot fix the problem and not announce it to everyone, it their problem for telling everyonea dn not hot fixing it, it not had to go into the coding and changing the value to the correct number,

funny are u a mod or dev bc it very unprofessional, 90% of ya would be fire if u was with league of legend or real esport company. 

The fact that nc handled it poorly and way way too slowly is undeniable, im not arguing against that. It still does not change the fact that they MUST purge the items that was abused in to the game. There would be no point in fixing the bug if they let everyone who used it keep their gained stuff. Which is quite a lot of players apparently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be ncsoft

 - Get sent tickets about a "typo" that is very easily abused. Proceed to ignore them.

 - See forums full of people complaining and talking about said "typo". Ignore those aswell.
 - Now there's quite a few channels in bamboo village and the economy is well, yeah. Proceed to tell everyone looking at the forums how to abuse this "typo"

 - Now leave this alone for the next couple of days because all the devs are working incredibly hard on fixing the low fps, terrible ping, adding ways for new players to get items a little easier and much much more!
 - Oh yeah when everyone has gotten bored of playing cookie clicker THEN we will decide to patch it. 

 

 

You're attempts at removing items and currency from players isn't worth it, the sheer amount of items that got circulated is beyond a joke and would take a ridiculous amount of time to fix. (Just have someone look at market history once every month or something and see what went from 2k gold to 2 gold) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pryaa   
Posted (edited)

players who profit from this inconvenience situation being like : MXYcOQt.gif

Edited by Pryaa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites