Forums

They cant do a roll back, here's why.

Faelynn

1 hour ago, MassiveEgo said:

Obviously the issue here isn't their ability to gather the necessary information,

Remember how they autobanned players with demon role in ET or something similar half an year ago? Actually I suspect that mail-based bans from neighboring thread are of same type. So no, issue is also their ability to do something, anything.

I am being sarcastic here and I agree that today acceptance and quiet fix is better solution. Like it was in some other game I played when exploits spread wide. Response should happen 4 months ago when it was reported.

Edited by Crimhare

NCoin - You may obtain NCoin from NCSOFT (or a third party authorized by NCSOFT) for use in connection with the Game or other offerings by NCSOFT. NCoin is a virtual currency which you may, at NCSOFT's sole and absolute discretion, exchange for Items, services or to access other specific forms of Content or activities not otherwise available without NCoin, as well as opportunities related to any of the foregoing. Any Items, services or to access other specific forms of Content or activities offered by NCSOFT in exchange for NCoin may be discontinued, modified or removed from the Account by NCSOFT at any time in its sole and absolute discretion.

This is pulled directly from the ToS. I'm not a lawyer but wouldn't this prevent most legal attacks? It's not a nice thought losing all your NCoin cuz of some human error. So if I were you I'd be happy there WASN'T a rollback.

vor 41 Minuten schrieb FlatIsJustice:

This is pulled directly from the ToS. I'm not a lawyer but wouldn't this prevent most legal attacks?

There is a difference between TOS and actual law. For example if your company is acting from the US your TOS might be correct and you are safe but since you have customers in other countrys too your TOS need to be changed and i doubt they have TOS for every single country depending on their law. This means some of the stuff written down in the TOS cant be used in some countrys for example germany or even better Belgium.

In germany they atleast have to give you back the same currency as you paid but from events happening in the past we know they would give out Hm coin instead which would be against the law. If you argue with some special offer they had which resulted in you buying ncoin for that purpose you might even get your real money back since you cannot buy this special thingie anymore.

This is also why i was seriously impressed that no one sued NC back when you could buy unlimited Xp charms off F10, people bought alot of them but got HM coins as refunds.

Long story short: If TOS are written for a company in another country you dont have to take thoose TOS 100% serious since law is always above TOS.

1 hour ago, ImoutoMaster said:

There is a difference between TOS and actual law. For example if your company is acting from the US your TOS might be correct and you are safe but since you have customers in other countrys too your TOS need to be changed and i doubt they have TOS for every single country depending on their law. This means some of the stuff written down in the TOS cant be used in some countrys for example germany or even better Belgium.

In germany they atleast have to give you back the same currency as you paid but from events happening in the past we know they would give out Hm coin instead which would be against the law. If you argue with some special offer they had which resulted in you buying ncoin for that purpose you might even get your real money back since you cannot buy this special thingie anymore.

This is also why i was seriously impressed that no one sued NC back when you could buy unlimited Xp charms off F10, people bought alot of them but got HM coins as refunds.

Long story short: If TOS are written for a company in another country you dont have to take thoose TOS 100% serious since law is always above TOS.

I did notice in the URL it was under a US domain, however since I couldn't find one from the EU I concluded that we just followed the same one. Thanks for confirming that is in fact, not the case.