For the 1st Time in a long time, 99% of the community is happy!

pikapikapika

For the 1st Time in a long time, 99% of the BNS gaming community is happy! 

Economy is booming, concurrent user number at 3 year high, gamer moral sky high, old players are returning in droves, time staying online doubled, F9 is functioning again (somewhat), pvp arena packed to the gill.  From whales to shrimps everyone is smiling, celebrating, and patting each other's back,  and I even heard K Sensei (not a real player name) who quitted game and stop making youtube guides was spotted in Bamboo village peddling pets.  I just want congrat NC West for its biggest success in five years.   This should be a recurring event before every quarterly earning report, so you can show your investors that BNS is the biggest mmorpg.

Edited by pikapikapika

What a bunch of bull-crap. Lets completely put aside discussion of fairness of all this, do you want to play game where most profitable thing to do is to stand near merchant for days and click million times? Is that fun thing to do for you?

As 4 years long paying player I'm stopping to play this game, will be logging in for raid only for some time until I get replaced and that's it. And no its not just this pets thing, its general way of how NCWest is handling the game and their total incompetence and lack of technical capabilities to resolve simple issues like this in timely manner without letting it to make this huge impact. And if database don't get re-rolled to some state before all this and anti-cheat engine put back in game I'm never returning, lucky there is much more fun things to do in my life that sitting near merchant for days and salvaging outfits.

• Like 1

I dont think anyone is happy for yet another time seeing NCWests incompetence. Im one of the people that returned, only came back to sell Soulstones to buy the expensive/rng box outfits and im gonna quit once economy goes back to the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ it was. Korea has not announced anything good for the game, and i have nothing to look forward too here either. Ive been playing BnS since 2013 and i have never been more upset about the game as i have been the past two years. BnS is nowhere near the biggest MMORPG and if it keeps being runned by a Korean CEO in the West it will not have a chance for it either. the only good thing about bns is the combat but u cant enjoy it due to their shitty servers and optimization either.

Fashion aficionado: get all the pretty dresses although all over two years old

Farmers and FTP: busy salvaging to make 9g a pet.

Chickens: ask around, look around, then jump into the action.

Pvper:  biggest winner.

Returning players: some come back permanently.  Others come to sell soul stone and buy dresses, but it is a great incentive to come back either now or later.

Me:  i go on with my daily stuff.  buying pets for 9g and soul stone for 5g, leveling all up all my toons.  when i have time, i buy low sell high soul stones to finance the upgrade.  After i finish my dailies, i auto fish, then come to forum to poke fun.

Genuine honest players with purest hearts: become corrupted by gold and revealing dresses, and devolve into chickens.

Hypocrites: Initially do not go to bamboo village, but farming soul stones like mad, making good money, then come to forum to trash talk.  After reading all the posts, start to raid bamboo village npc like no tomorrow in order to make up lost time.

Noobs and dummies:  Initially do not know how to participate.  They come to forum to read GM sunshine's detailed event guide.  In order to ensure everyone gets to participate, the special event is now week long.

NC west employees: busy writing resumes, lol.  probably covering up the latest employer info.

Edited by pikapikapika

Happy? Are you serious? This bug will kill this game even faster. Many friends of mine decided to quit this game because it's so unfair and maybe me too. Do you know how many time to earn petpod to upgrade pet and talisman, and now everyone can max it on 1 day. Most of real players hate this bug, for everyone who like it, you guys just take advantage of this situation by stealing and looting stuffs.

1 hour ago, Tufa said:

This may be the saddest OP post I have ever read.  Pure looting mentality.  No police around, lets burn the place down and steal that new TV.

Its too late for a roll back.  People will lose 1 week of progression in game  especially farming those annoying pet gems in nyraka not to mention the gold earned during that week and the upgrades. You're basically telling people who stayed away from the merchant to accept a weeks loss. They will rage quit instead.   A roll back is worse than the current "bug" which isnt a bug at all but a misstype in how much an item is worth. Its not an exploit nor is it cheating because the problem was on NC's side not the players side.  The only logical thing to do is accept that it is what it is.

Banning people for something like that is also unfair because the blame is on nc's side. Not the players side. Its like for example me making a mistake and then blaming you for it even if you didnt do anything wrong.  The game will recover eventually after this. But mass banning people when the game already has a low population will definitely kill the game. 

Roll backs are supposed to be done within 1 day.  Not 7 days later. 

forgot to mention the rng summer blessing boxes people bought from the hongmoon store with real money. A roll back would also take away what they paid for.  

Edited by CastielSeven

40 minutes ago, CastielSeven said:

Its too late for a roll back.  People will lose 1 week of progression in game  especially farming those annoying pet gems in nyraka not to mention the gold earned during that week and the upgrades. You're basically telling people who stayed away from the merchant to accept a weeks loss. They will rage quit instead.   A roll back is worse than the current "bug" which isnt a bug at all but a misstype in how much an item is worth. Its not an exploit nor is it cheating because the problem was on NC's side not the players side.  The only logical thing to do is accept that it is what it is.

Banning people for something like that is also unfair because the blame is on nc's side. Not the players side. Its like for example me making a mistake and then blaming you for it even if you didnt do anything wrong.  The game will recover eventually after this. But mass banning people when the game already has a low population will definitely kill the game. 

forgot to mention the rng summer blessing boxes people bought from the hongmoon store with real money. A roll back would also take away what they paid for.  

No, it is not too late for roll back. I'm playing this game for 4 years, I wont die for one week rollback, yes its inconvenient and annoying and NCWest to blame for it for incompetently handling this issue. But its only possible fair solution at this point for all this mess.

On other side constantly being surrounded with players being treated unequal and unfair because of NCWest mistakes and incompetence is what will make me quit the game. Even if im personally not affected by that, it just makes bad feeling and removes my motivation to invest in this game. While group of players can openly use hacks (yes, not xml edits but hacking of binary files with many proofs of it that NCWest is very aware of and doing nothing about it), while one group of players can upgrade weapon cheap and other needs to spend much longer time raiding to get to same result because NCWest patched in wrong upgrade price, while one group of players can get rich because NCWest put wrong stuff on merchant...etc etc... this game just dont feel worth playing seriously.

So yes rollback however bad it is, its only possible way to put things straight at this point.

5 minutes ago, Bl4de said:

No, it is not too late for roll back. I'm playing this game for 4 years, I wont die for one week rollback, yes its inconvenient and annoying and NCWest to blame for it for incompetently handling this issue. But its only possible fair solution at this point for all this mess.

On other side constantly being surrounded with players being treated unequal and unfair because of NCWest mistakes and incompetence is what will make me quit the game. Even if im personally not affected by that, it just makes bad feeling and removes my motivation to invest in this game. While group of players can openly use hacks (yes, not xml edits but hacking of binary files with many proofs of it that NCWest is very aware of and doing nothing about it), while one group of players can upgrade weapon cheap and other needs to spend much longer time raiding to get to same result because NCWest patched in wrong upgrade price, while one group of players can get rich because NCWest put wrong stuff on merchant...etc etc... this game just dont feel worth playing seriously.

So yes rollback however bad it is, its only possible way to put things straight at this point.

well they better prepare for a MAASSIVE wave of support tickets for pet gems,  a weeks gold progression dailies weeklies + refunds of money  for the summer blessings chests etc if they go that route. Because thats the chaos that also awaits them. 

At this point the best thing they can do is fix the merchant and forget about it. The game will recover

Edited by CastielSeven

1 minute ago, CastielSeven said:

well they better prepare for a MAASSIVE wave of support tickets for pet gems,  a weeks gold progression dailies weeklies + refunds of money  for the summer blessings chests etc. Because thats the chaos that also awaits them. 

Well they have no way of handling it and it wont happen. Players will get cucked. Only ncoin purchases should be refunded imo. But at least it will be fair and equal cucking of all players that will give some hope that in future similar errors (that will sure happen) will be handled more properly.

1 minute ago, Bl4de said:

Well they have no way of handling it and it wont happen. Players will get cucked. Only ncoin purchases should be refunded imo. But at least it will be fair and equal cucking of all players that will give some hope that in future similar errors (that will sure happen) will be handled more properly.

Sorry but no, people will rage quit.  Especially those that farmed over 3k gold in msp.  I would be one of those that quit.  You have no idea how annoying farming pet gems and msp over and over is. Its TIME spent through manual labor.  You're asking people to accept that loss? I sure as hell wont. 

its TOO LATE for a rollback

Yes roll-back wont happen simply because they wont have balls to do it, yes it would cause rage. And yes i would ask people to accept that loss :). If you playing this game for years i dont see how one week can be so important.

Because its closest thing to some fair solution. They cant ban people for this, they cant selectively revert only consequences of this, and just leaving it so sink in breaks essence of how mmo games function and ruins any possible trust in company forever.

Edited by Bl4de

6 minutes ago, Bl4de said:

Yes roll-back wont happen simply because they wont have balls to do it, yes it would cause rage. And yes i would ask people to accept that loss :). If you playing this game for years i dont see how one week can be so important.

Because its closest thing to some fair solution. They cant ban people for this, they cant selectively revert only consequences of this, and just leaving it so sink in breaks essence of how mmo games function and ruins any possible trust in company forever.

The other option is to simply fix the merchant and to move on. The only real negative side to this whole mess is that it hurts the whales egos.  But look at how the economy is booming and also how Gold has VALUE again.   Sure it wont last forever and eventually things will be inflated again. But as it is now, its actually a HUGE Gold sink which sorta fixes nc's past error where whales cashed in a past event. 

Does this really hurt nc soft itself though?  Im looking at the pros and cons of the situation. It brought back alot of players and it also made pet pods available at cheaper prices in AH.  With the Gold nerfs in previous patch, this sorta fixes alot of problems.   I mean we can't deny the positive side to what appears to be a negative.  

Well i don't know, im not their manager, after all for any their decision profit will be key factor, or lets say their assessment how much they will lose depending on what they will do. And tbh I don't care at this point because they already lost one long time paying customer, and im pretty sure many more. This is not only thing that is annoying for me. Way they handle this can only influence if i will eventually come back and play again if they fix their mismanagement of game or not.

7 minutes ago, Bl4de said:

Well i don't know, im not their manager, after all for any their decision profit will be key factor, or lets say their assessment how much they will lose depending on what they will do. And tbh I don't care at this point because they already lost one long time paying customer, and im pretty sure many more. This is not only thing that is annoying for me. Way they handle this can only influence if i will eventually come back and play again if they fix their mismanagement of game or not.

The only solution i see is to patch up the merchant/ fix the prices and just let it go.  This could have been avoided if the roll back was done within 24 hours.   But its too late to do anything about it now. There are positive sides to what is happening though,  i ask that you explore what that positive is  before making a choice about quitting.    I havent seen the marketplace at reasonable prices in years.  It can help new players the way it is now.  

Seriously i dont see any positive sides. All that you stating about economy is just a balloon that will poof very quick. Lets say 5% of ones that overused this will be rich forever, majority that used it moderately will just feel some temporal irrelevant gain, 100% none will come back to game and stay to play because its so fun to click to salvage merchant outfits :) And it will irreversibly ruin trust of paying players in company, which will as result in long run have negative effect on f2p players too, and probably even worse mismanagement and neglect of the game by its owners.

1 hour ago, Bl4de said:

Seriously i dont see any positive sides. All that you stating about economy is just a balloon that will poof very quick. Lets say 5% of ones that overused this will be rich forever, majority that used it moderately will just feel some temporal irrelevant gain, 100% none will come back to game and stay to play because its so fun to click to salvage merchant outfits :) And it will irreversibly ruin trust of paying players in company, which will as result in long run have negative effect on f2p players too, and probably even worse mismanagement and neglect of the game by its owners.

Means you don't know how management works.

The whole profit is tied mostly over a single item, Pet Pods. If they do a small code change so pet pods can't be tradable, you already stop the so mentioned "infinite gains over time".

Second, they can lock down the tiger and fish pets ID out of the transmutable list, so they can't be used to make newer pet pods. Or even disable the pet transmutation for now till they change the code.

And the main factor here, not a single gold was "generated" in this issue, meaning only player gold was swinging around. The gold ppl got came from other players that already had their stash of gold saved (even more from hunter refuge whales that saved 100k+ gold with little effort) Meaning no one has unlimited gold so far, Ppl that moved so much gold mostly bcs they saving pet pods in their inventories to sell later on when the prices goes up, but what happens when you lock pet pods out of trade? You kill the big exploiters. Easy fix, minimum impact in the long run.

Positive side, the game got relevant once again, like how celebrities loves scandals to show on media. There are indeed more new players and a good amount of returning players to compensate the "few" that decided to quit, so the overall picture is not as bad as people likes to yell around. It's like dealing with a bunch of "Karens" (no offence), that are overreacting. But also a lot of "incels" (no offence(2)) saying that they want to see the world burn and trying to throw an "anarchy" as a way of punishing the system, because of previous mistakes by devs. Resume, both are wrong.

Everyone should be more mindful, and hold their personal opinions instead of trying to force the game to burn. The developers are the ones that will dictate what will happen, based on their analysis (since they are the ones with the real numbers, instead of everyone trying to speculate things like "YOU GUYS ARE LOSING BILLIONS OF DOLLARS" or so. Believe they are not. But they WILL if the game dies bcs they can't handle this in the end.

Thanks for the attention.

I knew Ill get brain cancer from commenting on this forum and still i have done it :(

Rly what "infinite gains" i ever mentioned? Yes sure gold is swapping hands, just this is unjust and unfair way of doing it. You can like or dislike hunters refuge, blabbing about whales all day long, but there was rules and nothing was stolen (i didn't enter that region at all and didn't like that event either). Here we talking about clear abuse of bug in game that messed many things in very unfair way (and no im not blaming players that abused it here, its normal human reaction).

You can say whatever, but this was not intended way of making any profit and by definition its unjust in its essence.

Delusional ideas how this kind of publicity can make new players come to play game, i wont even comment. Players that returned, returned to grab outfits and closed game again, not really playing it. Its all nonsense you said in that paragraph really.

So much coping in this room, cause the idiot whales who spent loads of money on ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ are looking pretty stupid right now lmao. Plus most of these same bitching coping whales will use the "exploit" the get on a high moral horse and talk ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ i dont wanna call it an exploit cause its not a ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ hack or a bug its Ncsoft not being able to control their employees and getting ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤. So its no ones fault but theirs and i spent money on ncosft actually bought the 1 year prem as well as a bunch of ncoins and tbh i love this. Lol so keep crying if they perma ban me i wont give a ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ cause this game has been dead a long time they finally did something good and the whales are crying lool.

When the content creators are leaving BnS that says a lot, their reasons seem to parallel what most of us feel about what happen to this game.

NCWEST is behind the reason for me leaving, all paths lead to "swipe". Their efforts to impact the game "swipe to progress" has been effective, no longer can a play grind to progress their character.

So, if you like the current NCWEST version of the game I can only say, you are fueling the greed of NCWEST and it will only get worst. Don't.

Edited by Paru
forgot to add

4 hours ago, CastielSeven said:

Your logic just sucks.  It's like saying if I forget to lock my door it's ok to loot my house.  NC saw the problem and asked people not to do it.  Why they havent fixed the damn thing I have no clue, and I agree NC is a complete JOKE in how they've handled it.  But don't ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ on my foot and tell me its raining buddy.

Edited by Tufa

1 hour ago, Bl4de said:

I knew Ill get brain cancer from commenting on this forum and still i have done it :(

Rly what "infinite gains" i ever mentioned? Yes sure gold is swapping hands, just this is unjust and unfair way of doing it. You can like or dislike hunters refuge, blabbing about whales all day long, but there was rules and nothing was stolen (i didn't enter that region at all and didn't like that event either). Here we talking about clear abuse of bug in game that messed many things in very unfair way (and no im not blaming players that abused it here, its normal human reaction).

You can say whatever, but this was not intended way of making any profit and by definition its unjust in its essence.

Delusional ideas how this kind of publicity can make new players come to play game, i wont even comment. Players that returned, returned to grab outfits and closed game again, not really playing it. Its all nonsense you said in that paragraph really.

You just mentioned it, hello?

3 hours ago, Bl4de said:

Lets say 5% of ones that overused this will be rich forever, 

This sounds like infinite gains to me, so pay attention on your replies before actually typing them because you afraid someone trying to show a second opinion, no need to be in defensive mode and try to change subject. 

I didn't really "blabbled" about whales having lots of gold from hunters refuge, I'm stating a fact everyone knows, it was a poorly designed event that broke even more the economy (Reason why F9 never worked ever again, and reason why they trying to nerf gold rewards, they know but can't admit it) It felt like an official "exploit" because only a few players was able to make 100k gold a day, by "legal" ways, but just because it was legal it doesn't mean it was ever fair to the community. After that point the community went more downhill, and a lot of players quit, cancelled their subscriptions, and guess what? No one could do anything about it. I don't blame whales for being whales, or that they dominated the HH event, but considering whales got a LOT of gold in their hands, they don't even need to "whale" anymore, this was a true loss to the company income. 

I mentioned the publicity behind it because, you liking or not it's there. Reddit is on fire with BnS posts. But I never mentioned it is the correct way to do it, it is wrong, and a desperate tactic that many use. 

There is a considerate amount of players that returned and will quit once again? Probably, but a good portion will stay, otherwise why they would even bother to spend 3 days in front of a stupid NPC? Or farming Arena? The ones who grabbed the costumes they wanted already quit, and we still have over 21 channels in bamboo, the rest will mostly stay bcs maybe they got stuck in progression and didn't wanted to farm so much, not feeling "rewarded" in any way. Again, this is wrong, not saying things should be that way, but those are the current facts, punch your players too much, and they will quit, seeking for a "refresh".

"Fairness" as a lot of people likes to mention here, is not as easy to measure. The community is not happy with the current state of the game, it took one small bug to see what happened. They believe they are being rewarded by many years of being neglected. I only pray that the outcome of this really resolves into the devs doing their best to equalize all the sides so everyone can come to an agreement. 

Being positive is that hard? 

Edited by Miykhail
typo