"Fairness"

WasFornel

So one of the best events in history was done by mistake. However there are a couple of ways to look at it.
On one hand, people got loads of free outfits, didn't have to grind for months to get a pet upgrade and we got to have a peak at how the RNG in the game really works. 

On the other hand you have people complaining about the fact that the bug is there. Well my personal opinion is: If you're going to tell your entire community that there is a bug for FREE OUTFITS and PETS after you have kicked them in the teeth for so long, is it really such a surprise?

I've seen a couple people think the same way (or they're still having a picnic in bamboo village) but there are also a lot of others who are not reaping the rewards everyone else is. 
So since the method of this hasn't been patched in almost THREE DAYS then really no one at NCSoft cares, right? (As of third day 24/28 channels full in bamboo village)

Tmk we have not had any updates after the leak, the only thing that was said was: "we request that you do not purchase the Moontide Outfit from NPC Gu Okrim in Bamboo Village". I asked for a fun way to grind gems, did we get one of those?

My point is, if you're going to release information about something that is exploitable (Or literally tell people how and where to do it) either patch it immediately or don't tell anyone in the first place. But in not patching it and leaving the playerbase to it's own devices, you have created such an easily avoidable scenario. You have people who will obviously immediately jump to it, you have those who don't want to use bugs or exploits but are pressured to do so since everyone else is STILL doing it. You even have players asking if they buy something off the market will they get banned???

Rollback wouldn't really be possible now, pet pods are now a common resource but that's okay add some more gold nerfs ;) 

I'm just curious about other people, what is your opinion on the current situation?

Personally I'd say, if u want something worth the time invested in this game, then we have one of those rare occasions.

P.S. Had more fun watching people salvage millions of outfits than any of the recent events.

• Like 2

If they truly wanted to stop this I don't see how even with ncwests limited tools they couldn't take the servers down for maintenace and adjust the npc prices. Considering the sheer number of people doing it and from what I'm constantly hearing about more people logging in for this. They can't afford to offer serious punishments for it. IF this really did cause a lot more players to be present the best thing the can do is try to keep the players. That and next tiers of pet and talisman are likely to have a new type of mat other than pet pods so the flood of pet pods doesn't cause instant max level for the masses.

20 minutes ago, Shintuan said:

If they truly wanted to stop this I don't see how even with ncwests limited tools they couldn't take the servers down for maintenace and adjust the npc prices. Considering the sheer number of people doing it and from what I'm constantly hearing about more people logging in for this. They can't afford to offer serious punishments for it. IF this really did cause a lot more players to be present the best thing the can do is try to keep the players. That and next tiers of pet and talisman are likely to have a new type of mat other than pet pods so the flood of pet pods doesn't cause instant max level for the masses.

Wouldn't the simplest way to fix this is leave pets as they are (I also do not care if everyone walking around with max pets and bling bling) and make designer threads a easily farmable resource? If you really want to make it so that everyone wins, backlog whichever whales bought those specific outfit chests, and return their NCoin or replace it with a non-exploited chest?

• Like 1

relax folks I think it is quite simple! They are just busy to calculate their income from the swiping for NCoins and well, depending on,  if there is and Increase of $$$ for em they will decide if this is goin to be named as exploit or event  :playdumb:

More likely they calculate their losses from not sold cosmetics, rng boxes etc. And are desperately trying to find scapegoat among staff to present to KR (or in that particular case "scapedog"). Honestly, NCW deserved it. You can't spit on community for years and then try to plead 'please please please don't use this bug'. Obviously players jump on NC at the slight notice of relaxed sphincter.

PS: In one other game community manager made (very rarely) similar posts with warnings about widely known bug or exploit. Players obeyed. Because they knew that there will be either justified bans or amnesty. And there was mutual respect on both sides. (I am glossing over a little but you should get my point).

Edited by Crimhare

Well it's fair since their rng rate is trap :JinsoyunPale: Missed so much outfit from troves or rng box events ...  We don't even need to talk about the money people spent for their ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ... And the condition for guaranted item is far from fair if you compare with other Korean mmo games ... Technically each troves, you need to spent more than 2 annual subscription for some mmo to obtain something ...

Edited by RinDman

They should just punish the offenders that bought the outfit box (the heavy offenders specifically).

People who buy from F5 has no sin. they are adapting to the market, so why should they be punished?

People who buy from normal trade is a question mark, could be considered as affiliated with offenders.

THe only way to stop this is to permanent ban according to the level of offenders. That's it.

Once they do that, everything will go back to normal slowly, even though it takes time. But at least it will go back.

4 hours ago, prietess said:

They should just punish the offenders that bought the outfit box (the heavy offenders specifically).

People who buy from F5 has no sin. they are adapting to the market, so why should they be punished?

People who buy from normal trade is a question mark, could be considered as affiliated with offenders.

THe only way to stop this is to permanent ban according to the level of offenders. That's it.

Once they do that, everything will go back to normal slowly, even though it takes time. But at least it will go back.

So, if someone goes and buy on F5 100 saberfang or rosethorns for 10g ea, and dismantle them to get all the outfits, and eventually pets, or even buy the box pets for 10g ea, they are only adapting? Please...

Everyone selling Soulstones, buying any item related to the issue or cheap pet pods F5 or not, are getting unfair advantage, everyone knows what is going on, you can see that the forum thread that first "announced" the bug have over 10k views. I didn't even knew we had this many players. And players openly sharing the information on faction chats, general chats and bns communities. No one is innocent no matter your "approach" in this matter. Ever heard of the phrase "There's no such thing as little sin" ?

Soulstones definitely would never reach 7g ea,
Pet Pods definitely would not be as cheap as 70g in the current days, nor regular pets 10g.

Can you understand the current situation? Everyone trying to find an excuse to be innocent, when they indirectly benefiting from it. I SAW MANY, many of those "Exploiters should be perma ban! disgusting!" saying "Well, I guess I will need to sell my soulstones now, farm arena, buy cheap pet pods on market" . YOU KNOW WHO IS BUYING YOUR HARDWORK AND HONEST SOULSTONES? The ppl refining the pets, that came from the exploit, DUH! I am selling soulstones myself, I would be stupid if not doing so, what can i say? 

We are all in the same hole. If you trace every single player, you will find out no one is truly innocent, unless they never actually logged in to begin with, or they are really being "Monks" and meditating while taking no action, just watching everyone running here and there, avoiding even playing the game since it's 'broken" so better keep distance to not accidentally touch anything that can be considered wrong and contaminate your account.

The gears are spinning, and they will only stop when NCsoft says so. So let's believe that they come with some really creative idea to fix this, in a way that everyone can go back to their regular daily farm.

over 500k soulstones were sold over the weekend or over 2.5million gold spent on them

over 17k pet pods were sold under 100g over the weekend... or near 1.5million gold spent

those are just numbers from f5, many were sold in chat too

weekend before:

~100k soulstones for ~160k gold

~650 pet pods for ~ 140k gold

looking it like this, this weekend was huge gold sink on f5, just what nsoft wanted.

Edited by polarfoxy
previous weekend comparison