Are you joking? Only ban for 3 days - 7 days for Abusing the Bug and Making 100k Gold?

blooash23

Idk what's wrong with this game community. One week after update everyone heavily complaining the new system is trash, the game is garbage, everyone will rage quit, no one cares anymore, and that the devs takes away their gold, and deliver bad events that gives nothing, or barely gives anything, or only benefits whales as always;

Next week a small and dumb bug is exposed (instead of being patched) and suddenly those same people floods the main page complaining they got way too much and NOW THEIR PERFECT GAME IS RUINED. It's a bit ironic. sorry.

Ya'll should just chill and wait for the day the devs will actually come with something up, and try to give a solution ( Or not? It's their game, their rules ). Yelling at each other will do nothing, nor make the devs work any faster. Everyone should actually stop flooding the support and let them use their team to focus on a way to eventually equalize the damage caused, instead of going on a blind which hunt because you believe in A and other believe in B. The focus should be on "fixing the hole" not trying to blow more air inside the balloon believing it will do anything.

If they are unable to give a fast fix, let them be (They will have to compensate for the issue eventually, one way or another, or like the previous times we had situations where people have an advantage over others, or whatever, end up doing nothing about it and everyone will forget about it and game will continue to run the same way ). Everyone already knows their limitations because of the previous events with the Korean team and changes on management, It feels like no one here actually plays this game at all or reads the news.

Shaming the devs, keeping the drama or throwing a tantrum everywhere WILL NOT HELP. Wait for an official answer, they didn't did it yet because THEY CAN'T, no matter the reason, not because they don't care. They only follow orders. 

Try to be at least POSITIVE, we are at 2020, social distancing and all, and the iRL world is already ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ up. Many companies are working slower or being limited because of that. Stop taking a god dam online game so serious, like your life depends on it, or you losing real money on stock market or the money in your bank is being taken away or the food is getting more expensive, you get the idea.

My honest opinion, if you not enjoying the game or can't stand the fact that 90% of the game population is abusing an exploit, please consider giving a break from it. Not because A or B are wrong, but if you join a group where the majority is showing an opinion you don't like, it's easier to just get away from that group and seek one you feel comfortable with. This is how the world works. And I need to also be more realistic than honest, they will not ban the entire server to fix the problem, they will come up with something else that will actually be effective and not kill the game. You need to think on the consequences, you can't just "kill" someone because they did something wrong, there are better solutions if you smart enough. Take BDO example, where instead of banning everyone, they gave people a negative income number, and we are talking about a brand new game that don't need to care that much because their community is big and fresh, they could had banned everyone, but no :)

PS: My suggestion: Turn all current Pet Pods/packs untradable and locked to the character ( Or make them expire ), then give every single player a maxed pet and talisman (That can't be sealed), and allow everyone to salvage their old pet and talisman to retrieve back the raw materials besides pet packs. Next update that gives new talisman and pet tiers will take a newer pet pod to upgrade, that ppl will need to farm from zero. Definitely not the best idea, and yes, there are a lot of flaws, But at least this will block the worst scenario where people are saving stacks of pet pods to cash in later when they come up in price, ruining the game economy on the long term, and by giving everyone max pet and soul, no one will have an unfair advantage anymore, everyone will be even with their "Defensive accs" that, might bring some balance to 6v6 till new tiers are released and the whales will eventually pass everyone once again. You can criticize all you want, and even add or work better this idea. The community should work together, not go the other way around.

Thanks for the attention.

so let me get this right , you guys are mad that you chose to not do something that others did but what was openly available to u guys. ur mad at the gold they are making... u could have made the gold too. Yet you choose to sit here upset because u have "morals" , u want 95% of the player base to be band. Who's going to carry you guys in dungeons? Who's going to join your trap runs. 

How does them upgrading their own gear effect u? They arent making 100k gold btw off the HUMAN ERROR. its not a glitch or a bug. A human just royally screwed up in the code and then again with the post letting everyone know someone at the company screwed up.  People who had soulstones have been making money off the market.  

I dont get what u expect to get white knighting like this. No ones doing any harm to u. if u dont want to participate then dont participate. if they do and get band then ok.  
What harm is it in minding your business and just playing the game?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, USStealthOps said:

so let me get this right , you guys are mad that you chose to not do something that others did but what was openly available to u guys. ur mad at the gold they are making... u could have made the gold too. Yet you choose to sit here upset because u have "morals" , u want 95% of the player base to be band. Who's going to carry you guys in dungeons? Who's going to join your trap runs. 

How does them upgrading their own gear effect u? They arent making 100k gold btw off the HUMAN ERROR. its not a glitch or a bug. A human just royally screwed up in the code and then again with the post letting everyone know someone at the company screwed up.  People who had soulstones have been making money off the market.  

I dont get what u expect to get white knighting like this. No ones doing any harm to u. if u dont want to participate then dont participate. if they do and get band then ok.  
What harm is it in minding your business and just playing the game?

again another offender is here to speak up for the fellow offenders. hahahaha.

the GM already said clearly that people should stop abusing the outfit chest and yet people are still doing it, that means you guys are immoral.

People who complaint about this are those honest players who do not exploit someone else's mistakes, period.

We don't want dirty gold, you go earn your dirty gold and wish you get the same payback later. what goes around comes around.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, blooash23 said:

The GM already said clearly that people should stop abusing the outfit chest and yet people are still doing it.

Nail on the head, funny how the idiots on reddit talk about white knight when the devs themselves said "Not" to do something and they do it anyway.

No common sense in any of them, to be honest none is in NC themselves for outing it in the first place. 4 going 5 days the servers should have been off to fix the issue. I've never seen a game still running with something this big that could possibly bring good or bad to the community. They've had all the time in the world to remove the npc or again, shut down, but this also leads to more cases. Remember our NC can't do jack without kr stepping in first, let's not forget covid so maybe no ones around at the moment.

In any case it's too late to roll back the server and too many players got what they needed. I doubt they can up and ban all the people who did it, no it's not because they'll be banning 90% the server you morons need to stop with that nonsense theory, even if they did it'd be banning all the morons who done this when Yet Again they told us not to making our community more clean for friendly (and smarter) players. It's the fact that I doubt they have the program to sniff out people who's abused the bug/glitch w/e. It's not like fps games these days with their tools that bans over 1k or more players for aim botting. Our game can't even detect bots in general, from afk bots to pvp, just look at bronze/silver rank in 1v1. It is really REALLY easy to tell someone is using a bot just to complete their pvp daily quest (that they're too lazy to do on their own which takes 5 seconds..) Not to mention xml edits.

So, do what y'all want, will all see what happens wednesday 

To those who scream justice, how have you, personally, been harmed?  If you lost money, or items, then ask for a refund.  But complaining about how others "got" stuff, is really poor taste.  First off, prove it was a bug and not someone's intention.  It allowed people to purchase old outfits and a few pets.  Anyone buying had to realize whatever they bought was way below normal price.  Anyone playing the game instead of spending time here, had to see the influx of hard-to-get outfits and never thought where they came from?  If I saw some ask, I told them.  Personally, I didn't sell anything, but you claim 100k profit?  items were selling at 4-5g, that's over 20K sales.  Even at 40G, that's 2000 sales.  Sorry, I don't believe that.  Only thing I've seen is some claiming good money from from selling soulstones they got in pvp.  At 5G ea, that would be 4000 SS sales.  I've no idea how many rounds in pvp that would take, but that's alot of SS sold and anyone buying at 4-5G/SS would have to know the high price is a temporary phenomena.  

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Nicolee:

If you can't pvp, then you wouldn't have made money anyway.  

They people just need to learn a bit pvp. I have alot of guildmates that try pvp cause of this "Event". They cant reach gold rank thou and expect to just pve everything down while having animations turned off complaining about other classes resisting and i always tell them how are you going to improve like that ?

This might sound arrogant to some but i cant understand how anyone is not able to atleast reach 1600 even if they just started the game it may take a bit of playtime but silvers are litterly like bots they dont tech chase, have no idea how to do dmg on their classes and evade nearly nothing.

22 hours ago, blooash23 said:

the GM already said clearly that people should stop abusing the outfit chest and yet people are still doing it, that means you guys are immoral.

People who complaint about this are those honest players who do not exploit someone else's mistakes, period.

We don't want dirty gold, you go earn your dirty gold and wish you get the same payback later. what goes around comes around.

no one knew until sunshine made a post.  blame them for actually making the damn thing public. Df u think ppl are going to do? 
 Then dont sell anything , dont profit , sit back and do nothing. but crying on this forum will get you no where. You dont want to participate than dont. but literally crying because people chose to do something you didn't is just as ignorant as you clearly are.  Nothings harmed you in anyway. The game is ALIVE again for once. You're complaining because u have nothing better to do. No one harmed u , hurt u , banned u , or directly got in your way. you are just clearly bored. 

18 hours ago, ImoutoMaster said:

They people just need to learn a bit pvp. I have alot of guildmates that try pvp cause of this "Event". They cant reach gold rank thou and expect to just pve everything down while having animations turned off complaining about other classes resisting and i always tell them how are you going to improve like that ?

This might sound arrogant to some but i cant understand how anyone is not able to atleast reach 1600 even if they just started the game it may take a bit of playtime but silvers are litterly like bots they dont tech chase, have no idea how to do dmg on their classes and evade nearly nothing.

even if u dont pvp u still make soulstones by just standing there and losing. yea it takes a while but it's still a profit especially if ur in a guild with a bonus and or also premium, people just want to complain

13 hours ago, Arohk said:

i wonder how you mae 100k gold with this when the costumes are pretty much worthless in F5 already.

The exploit has been in the game for at least 4 months. You can only imagine how much gold you can make in that time if you're the only one knowing about it.
Shouldn't be hard to track this but NCSoft doesn't care, simple as that.

23 hours ago, Nicolee said:

First off, prove it was a bug and not someone's intention. 

Easy, in Yehara's Mirage in Cinderlands the same merchant sells the box for 25 threads. In Bamboo Village its 2. That is a clear indication it indeed is a glitch which was not supposed to happen. Someone forgot to put 5 after the 2 and never noticed.

Also being able to get 5 billion designer threads just like that doesn't make your bell ring? In no game should that be possible, end of story. And if you abuse it, well that makes you a cheater. Pet and Talisman should not be this accessible, which is why i'm for ncsoft deleting all gained pet packs 1 way or another. Even if you already used or bought them, they can easily see who has been getting hundreds of them pet packs. So what you used 5k soulstones or whatever worth of gold to craft them? That loss would be just punishment for any who was abusing the bug.

I'm more surprised they have done literally nothing to try end the exploiting bit more forcefully lol.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Amarathiel said:

Easy, in Yehara's Mirage in Cinderlands the same merchant sells the box for 25 threads. In Bamboo Village its 2. That is a clear indication it indeed is a glitch which was not supposed to happen. Someone forgot to put 5 after the 2 and never noticed.

Who ever did that typo deserves a Medal.

Ban all exploiters? Hahaha that would be damn damn funny because then the game is DEAD 

You freakin white knights are funny and say everything so easily while YOU guys profit from it aswell 

The market prices going down you 100% sold SS etc so ncwest did the right thing to let this game survive and live on 

On 8/3/2020 at 10:48 PM, Nicolee said:

To those who scream justice, how have you, personally, been harmed?  If you lost money, or items, then ask for a refund.  But complaining about how others "got" stuff, is really poor taste.  First off, prove it was a bug and not someone's intention.  It allowed people to purchase old outfits and a few pets.  Anyone buying had to realize whatever they bought was way below normal price.  Anyone playing the game instead of spending time here, had to see the influx of hard-to-get outfits and never thought where they came from?  If I saw some ask, I told them.  Personally, I didn't sell anything, but you claim 100k profit?  items were selling at 4-5g, that's over 20K sales.  Even at 40G, that's 2000 sales.  Sorry, I don't believe that.  Only thing I've seen is some claiming good money from from selling soulstones they got in pvp.  At 5G ea, that would be 4000 SS sales.  I've no idea how many rounds in pvp that would take, but that's alot of SS sold and anyone buying at 4-5G/SS would have to know the high price is a temporary phenomena.  

It is mindblowing to me how morally bankrupt society in general has become.  Under this logic, if my neighbor's house is broken into I have no right to complain because I wasn't harmed?  I should just sit back and let crime happen because it didn't affect me?  Have you no sense of social responsibility at all?  The "proof" that this was not intentional came when the dev posted online NOT to do it.  I guess that wasn't enough authority for you?  NC soft is just as complicit, because they are too interested in making money than producing a good game.  If how other people obtain gear makes no difference, why not just normalize all gear and make us all the same, all the time?  Obviously some of the fun of this game is putting the work into getting the gear.  What is it so hard to understand about this?

Edited by Tufa
  • Like 1

vor 13 Stunden schrieb Tufa:

Under this logic, if my neighbor's house is broken into I have no right to complain because I wasn't harmed?  I should just sit back and let crime happen because it didn't affect me? 

Thats something completly different cause in this example your neighbor got harmed but this bug harmed no one not even NC themselve cause this is a digital thing they can just focus on pay to win some other way.

vor 13 Stunden schrieb Tufa:

If how other people obtain gear makes no difference, why not just normalize all gear and make us all the same, all the time?  Obviously some of the fun of this game is putting the work into getting the gear.  What is it so hard to understand about this?

Maybe cause everyone had the chance to use this ? maybe cause thoose pet pods where still not free but just cheaper than usual ? Maybe cause you need pet etc. for pvp which makes it a pay to win item and you finally could get it with free to play too making the game more fair ?

You cant be this stupid.  How is the average Joe that plays an honest game not harmed when he goes into BG and faces everyone with max pet and talisman?  Even if you can't understand the individual harm, can't you see the harm caused to the community by a market in tatters?  Again, if nobody else's gear matters, why have different levels of gear at all?  You seems to think that there was no cheating because everyone could have cheated.  Dude, we all have the chance to cheat everyday.  The mere opportunity does not justify the action.  Just be a man and admit you didn't care about the consequences and crossed your fingers that there wouldn't be any.

• Like 1

you complain in a game that is half dead, more than a half the players used the bug, most of players if not all somehow profited from it. uh, oh bgs, as if you werent getting 1 shot before, now you cant 1 shot ppl anymore?

edit; did you go to bamboo village in those days and see the amount of ppl there? how almost all 28 channels full, everyday. now imagine nc banning all those ppl for 7days or permanently. youd have no ppl for weeklys, raids.... and as you mention bgs, youd have no bgs.

edit2: now, what is better, items are still cheaper than before, still enough ppl for all things OR items are expensive as before and no ppl to play with.

Edited by polarfoxy

4 hours ago, Tufa said:

You cant be this stupid.  How is the average Joe that plays an honest game not harmed when he goes into BG and faces everyone with max pet and talisman?  Even if you can't understand the individual harm, can't you see the harm caused to the community by a market in tatters?  Again, if nobody else's gear matters, why have different levels of gear at all?  You seems to think that there was no cheating because everyone could have cheated.  Dude, we all have the chance to cheat everyday.  The mere opportunity does not justify the action.  Just be a man and admit you didn't care about the consequences and crossed your fingers that there wouldn't be any.

Because your average joe didn't get one shot in bg before this right...? People can "cheat" their gear all the time in this game by throwing money at it it's silly to say that the exploit harmed anyone. If you wan't fair play you are wrong in a game where people can just cash all their gear.

Edited by Cor

So the lessons here are:

1) its ok to cheat because game is half dead

2)its ok to cheat because others who spent more $$$ than you (or worked harder, longer) had an "unfair" advantage over you

3)if everyone cheats its ok for you to cheat

4)its ok to cheat if you don't believe anyone gets hurt.

Get real people.  You are a cheater, and you will likely get away with it.  It's as simple as that.  

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Tufa:

So the lessons here are:

1) its ok to cheat because game is half dead

2)its ok to cheat because others who spent more $$$ than you (or worked harder, longer) had an "unfair" advantage over you

3)if everyone cheats its ok for you to cheat

4)its ok to cheat if you don't believe anyone gets hurt.

Get real people.  You are a cheater, and you will likely get away with it.  It's as simple as that.  

and how it's about you, honest, you didn't took any advantages from the impact on the market prices?

On 8.8.2020 at 4:38 PM, Tufa said:

Paying money to get an unfair advantage over others in a game is the ultimate cheat.

UcOyUhm.jpg

On 8/3/2020 at 6:42 PM, blooash23 said:

Uh and your mom says not to put your your hand in the cookie jar to get fresh baked cookies...  And she tells you this because?  And she leaves the cookies on the counter where you can easily see them vs. on top of the fridge where you can't?  And then she goes to the store.  And of course, you do just as she says because if you had a cookie that she left out on the counter for you and told you about, you'd be "immoral".  Have you ever thought maybe others might assume that their mom deliberately left them on the counter and told you about them before she left so that you might have a few?   Though, of course, if you eat half the jar and try to sell the rest to your little brother (or sister),  that might be going a bit far.  

If you look at the times NCx took mats or items that cost money and gave no compensation -- you have to realize that it seems compensatory for them to give items that don't require full compensation.

This game is tends to be very much focused on overpowered players getting ahead and NCx not listening to players in forums who want more rewards with the money we pay.  Like all of the dailies -- why are there no outfits from DST on up?  Why are they relegated to HardMode?  It's not like you can recruit a HM dungeon in F8 (I've seen less than a handful since the 'easy/hard' mode split).  Outfits out 2+ years ago are still not out.  Is it "moral" to only give rewards to "op" players or elites?   I say not.  If they can't even be bothered to give lower or normal powered players outfits in DST, BC and WC (all in older tier dungeons), the unfairness or "immorality" starts with the NCx".  You can't claim that the players aren't emulating NCsoft.

We learn our "morals" from those who sculpt this world.  If they were always fair with us, and/or listened to us more might feel different, but in this case, accessing 2yr old outfits from an NPC -- ALL of which I have on some character -- but maybe not in a new class -- I should feel like I shouldn't help a new character class get those same outfits because NCx refuses to let us have a shared closed with every cosmetic shared between characters?   So please just get a life before you start preaching on what is moral/immoral and realize that among most who dictate "morals", RNG-gambling is considered immoral.  That's not an argument for halting availability of those items either like they do to punish players who live in countries that outlaw RNG -- that's adding salt to a wound.

its funny how you guys keep calling it an unfair advantage. Unfair would mean it was only available to a few individuals and completely revoked access to other players whom as a result could not participate what so ever.

The "Honest" players simply just chose not to partake in it.

You don't get to label something as unfair just because someone chose to do something you CHOSE not to do. 

Nothing unfair about it. 

But it's old now , nothings happened let it go. Literally no harm happening to anyone. Im sure you time could be spent elsewhere than worrying about this.