Orange Quest questions

Nekrivos

Hi, so I came back into the game around a week ago and I wanna try playing more content rather than knock out new yellow quests when they release then go on another hiatus until the next act comes out. I have a few questions with some of the Orange quests; mostly with the parts that require you to go into the raid dungeons and kill a difficult boss.

Is there a way I can solo them to finish the quests? 

If not, do I have to be like an expert with really good expensive gear or something?

Cause I feel like if I play with others who are exceptional at this game, id probably be berated if I do something wrong since I'm not an expert at the game (mostly with maintaining dps since I just attack with whatever skills I have available) and ive tried avoiding multiplayer content because of this. 

Edited by Nekrivos

ORange quests are leading you to the actual raid in the end which is a 12 man dungeon. In cases of The skybreak spire and Temple of Eluvium quest lines, you are able to go in and fight a solo version of the boss so you can complete those on your own.

Anything above that so: Nightfall Sanctuary, Scarlet Conservatory and The Steelbreaker, to complete those you will need either a carry raid or get good enough gear to run it with a group / clan.

2 hours ago, Grimoir said:

ORange quests are leading you to the actual raid in the end which is a 12 man dungeon. In cases of The skybreak spire and Temple of Eluvium quest lines, you are able to go in and fight a solo version of the boss so you can complete those on your own.

Anything above that so: Nightfall Sanctuary, Scarlet Conservatory and The Steelbreaker, to complete those you will need either a carry raid or get good enough gear to run it with a group / clan.

Nightfall Sanctuary can also be done solo.

13 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Okay, thanks for replying :)

So basically what you say is that you have no idea how to play your class and don't want to run "multiplayer" content because you're afraid of people being harsh to you. Why do you even install a massive multiplayer online role playing game then ??????

When you do the Nightfall Sanctuary questline, you need to go in the raid, talk to the girl, then go out and talk to an other girl to get to the solo boss.

If you have trouble using your class, try doing the solo dungeons. Start from mushin tower 1st to 20th floor, then Outlaw Island, then Circle of Sundering, then Den of the Ancients. You may need some extra gear to clear the last one, but the rest is doable with story gear.
This game has lots of mechanics, like you need to stay close, or else you get punished (like in dark souls), you need to block or resist certain attacks. You need to jump over shockwaves, turn your back at the flashbangs or even pick up a weapon from the floor and use that to rip the boss' armor off. You are going to learn a lot about the game and your class if you do all solo dungeons.
If you have trouble with a boss, watch a youtube guide, it should help. You can even watch a guide of your class where smart ppl show which skills you should use in which order.

Also, dont forget to do the purple quests too! They unlock new skills for you.

Good luck :3

• 10 months later...
On 7/14/2020 at 2:03 AM, ShadowRmD said:

So basically what you say is that you have no idea how to play your class and don't want to run "multiplayer" content because you're afraid of people being harsh to you. Why do you even install a massive multiplayer online role playing game then ??????

No need to be a butt. People download games to try them out and learn. Not everyone starts out as a master and things take time, especially MMO's with a bunch of grinding. I just started playing myself and recognize that my mechanics are not good because I am still learning myself. Negative comments like this is what fuels the paranoia of playing with better players, as OP referenced, and can deter people from joining games rather than encouraging more people to enjoy gameplay.

• Hime locked this topic