About gold income. any better solution?

bravebvr

So since Ncsoft or Ncwest  decided to reduce every dungeon daily gold, we lost about 60 to 70 gold daily. When you time that by 7 every week we lost between 420 to 490 gold every week. Now that we can get around 150g back from weekly quest it's still not even close to what we normally get from daily quests. 

Now the first solution about gold income comes from hard mode dungeon. But let's be realistic here, almost 90 to 95% of bns population don't even try to do hard mode. The second solution is something new that came out this week, and it is 150g from weekly quest. Now this one seems like a good idea if you have time and have lots of alt, but still not a good solution to new players and people who don't have a lot of free time.

For me personally, most of my free time is on the weekend. On the weekday I only do daily quests and then just afk fishing while I go to work. Since i can't earn enough gold to buy baits from daily quests any more playing bns is so pointless. I am not only talking about just buy baits for fishing, everything else cost alot of gold to get, and i mean everything, from market place to upgrade gear to awaken accessories. 

So the questions that I want to ask Ncwest Dev or community manager are, are we getting any new way of earning gold in the near future? Will it be justify, not like hunter refuge?

P.S 150g from weekly quests is not a real solution. It is a bandage on a gun shot wound, and you are still bleeding.

I was already doing weeklies on all of my characters for honing oil (after a certain stocking up point, you can rotate characters every week, no need to scrounge dc for additional, although solar energy is from dc almost exclusively).

Full train with the gold nerfs was reduced in the realm of 60g iirc.   Compound over 7 days, ~420g.  x5 weekly would recoup.  So if you were doing full purple train on 3+ chars, the weekly gold add is detrimental to you. 

For me, i tend to do less than 1 full purple train a day, but I'll round it to 1, once a day, per week.  420g loss from the nerf,  12x150, or +1800g,  so I'm generating ~1300g more than I did previously.  So the fix they picked was exceedingly pleasing for some people.  For people who were doing full purple train on 3 or more characters, or who do less than 5 sets of weeklies, they will not be as happy with it.

Note that the weekly 50g tiers are not boosted by premium sub like the quest golds were, if I were to complain about raw gold income, that would be the only thing.

OP-Autofishing-  I feel your concern with this, but I envision a solution that involves a bait/autobait cost reduction rather than an increase in daily gold generation.   Many of the large chunks of gold were from the mid-high end dungeons that can be intimidating for lower equipped players to join/clear.  With how valuable the bound material gathering can be for these newer players, I felt the daily expense for fishing ammo was too high even before the full purple train gold nerfs.  I'd like to see autobait/bait go from 10sp/3sp down to ~60cp/60cp (the equalization is to encourage script fishing less).  1500 autobaits for 4500 leisure points @ ~23g/day sounds like its reasonable income bracket to me.

2 hours ago, ElectricPotato said:

Full train with the gold nerfs was reduced in the realm of 60g iirc.   Compound over 7 days, ~420g.  x5 weekly would recoup.  So if you were doing full purple train on 3+ chars, the weekly gold add is detrimental to you. 

For me, i tend to do less than 1 full purple train a day, but I'll round it to 1, once a day, per week.  420g loss from the nerf,  12x150, or +1800g,  so I'm generating ~1300g more than I did previously.  So the fix they picked was exceedingly pleasing for some people.  For people who were doing full purple train on 3 or more characters, or who do less than 5 sets of weeklies, they will not be as happy with it.

I appreciate that you try to prove that the 150g in the weekly quest is worth it. But then again, not all of us have 12 alts sitting around doing nothing and all the free time in the world. So the point you trying to make here is just not right.

Many of the large chunks of gold were from the mid-high end dungeons that can be intimidating for lower equipped players to join/clear

And reduce gold from daily dungeon is helping new players how? Can you explain?

Before the gold reduction, they can earn enough to buy fish baits and at least still have some gold left. Of course I'm talking about fishing with script. Now they don't even earn enough to buy the baits. 

I'd like to see autobait/bait go from 10sp/3sp down to ~60cp/60cp (the equalization is to encourage script fishing less).  1500 autobaits for 4500 leisure points @ ~23g/day sounds like its reasonable income bracket to me.

Now to reduce the price of baits (auto or regular) I doubt this is gonna happen.