Forums

Feeling Hosed

Tufa

FM lightning third spec.  Converted my fire mystic badge for it.  Don't really like lightning, find it hard to play, and forcing me to use a macro which I didn't have to do with fire FM easy mode.  Also love to BG, but frost tornado was really the only thing that kept us viable in there.  Now I am forced to use lightning in BG too.  I know there's a learning curve, I just don't know if it's worth it.  I feel like all the second gear I acquired for frost in pvp was now just a waste of time, and it will take all my resources to level back up a paragon and mystic just to go back to fire for raids.  I know I can use the compass, but I feel like I'll be forced into lightning because of the dps difference.  I think this time the treadmill has finally run me over.

Like me with 3rd spec SIN. Redeemed the event TT starter gear on it, but still cant figure the spec out. I should redeem it on BM 3rd... but i am like now ...it, lets play another game, doesnt worth the time.

Simple mode should had never been a thing in this game. It's like people forgot you can actually hit keys manually. 
No one is forcing you to use a macro.
No one is forcing you to play lightning.

If anything above holding down 1 key is too complicated for you then maybe this is not the game for you.
If you cant figure out a class then its probably not the class or spec for you.
And as an fyi, you can simple mode on lightning, it just wont do everything for you, and neither does fire, unless you were playing fire without using your shadow grasp and solar flare. 

Edited by Unicorns

Let's be real Unicorn.  I have been playing since patch, max TB wep, and regular top 10 in BG.  This isn't about the game being too complicated.  Did you read my post?  Of course everyone wants to do max dps, and lightning is really just a mash spam fest.  There's not a whole lot of logic to it, and YES it is easy.  In fact, tedious.  This is why macros exist, because the only real strategy is to mash as much as you can, preferably in the right order.  What you may call skill most people call a typing class, which I never remembered to be much fun.  Although it is true nobody is forcing lightning, my fire mystic badge is now gone, and my pvp spec has basically been rendered useless with the tornado nerf, so yea...kinda feels forced.  Sure, I could rebuild back into a fire build that I have been playing since day 1, but is it worth the effort?  Meh.

i agree lightning spec was jarring to learn at first compared to other classes and specs, but it is great, a great take on FM and offers a lot of interesting choices, however there ought to be a 3rd column talent on the 1st row, really disappointed they couldnt come up with anything for that option, to me a pretty bad sign. we all share the pain of how transitioning between specs includes any resistance at all.

Edited by swordin

9 hours ago, Tufa said:

Let's be real Unicorn.  I have been playing since patch, max TB wep, and regular top 10 in BG.  This isn't about the game being too complicated.  Did you read my post?  Of course everyone wants to do max dps, and lightning is really just a mash spam fest.  There's not a whole lot of logic to it, and YES it is easy.  In fact, tedious.  This is why macros exist, because the only real strategy is to mash as much as you can, preferably in the right order.  What you may call skill most people call a typing class, which I never remembered to be much fun.  Although it is true nobody is forcing lightning, my fire mystic badge is now gone, and my pvp spec has basically been rendered useless with the tornado nerf, so yea...kinda feels forced.  Sure, I could rebuild back into a fire build that I have been playing since day 1, but is it worth the effort?  Meh.

I did read your post, you literally said you find it hard to play.

20 hours ago, Tufa said:

find it hard to play

Fire is as much of "mash spam fest" as lightning is, if not more. 
As for your gear, its just as easy to go back to fire as it was to go to lightning. You only need a mystic badge. Maybe next time try out the spec before you switch all of your gear? I played with a vt badge till i was sure i wanted to switch. Fire did get a buff this patch, so its not even that much behing lightinig.