Forums

Please reconsider the upcoming F8 gold nerfs

GilbyGlibber

53 minutes ago, newborn666 said:

Hi, I am new to the game, about 2 months in, and I have to say, doing daily is pretty much my main source of income. I came after missing out the free weapon event few months back, so learn to grind mats and at same time trying to save $$ to buy things for upgrade has been a pain, especially when I can't access top global dungeons yet. This nerf to gold will dramatically hurt players like me who relies on daily gold to try catch up to long time players, and now with this I don't know how long it will take me to upgrade items, it is very depressing just to think about it.
Please reconsider this decision, it actually make me consider long term plans with this game if this update hinders my means of trying to progress in game.

rip for you.

the most joke of all is tsm becoming 3s, like really/??

you have to spend 10mins to complete that dungeon in average with average just nice gear, EXCLUDING recruiting time, and yet you only get 3silver? seriously???/?????/??/

i might as well go back and do other daily quests like mushin floor 5-7 lol which gives more silvers and completed in very short time and I can solo it.

imagine doing H0 and need to take people with dps and spend 15mins - 20mins to complete the dungeon, EXCLUDING recruiting time, with reasonable people who spoil the mech and dps braindead and yet only 5g???? Warped citadel that usually only contain people with braindead who dont know anything with very little dps, with such a long dungeon to windstride/walk, it will take you 15mins average, but how much gold it is? not even 4g?

I might as well do Circle of sundering everyday on all characters and spend 5mins and I can solo it and get 10g, LOL.

@Himeyou imagine this kind of player above ^ trying to earn gold to upgrade stuffs.

1st. you dont reduce any upgrade cost of the items

Imagine you have to upgrade so many things, buy so many things, and with gold cost on every upgrade as well, and yet there is such huge reduction in gold income from dungeons.

You don't even reduce the difficulty of those dungeons, not even basic mode in Korea, this is still our western BnS style of easy mode, not the basic mode in korea.

This change is just very bad until no one could defend it.

At least the good thing is we can take a break from F8, who will have the motivation to do that 7 dailies everyday lol.

• Like 3

I do have to say this is kinda doing things backwards.

The main reason for gold influx is hunters refuge where you could farm insane gold amounts, they should have done things to combat that and not do this now where it brings 0 benefits.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grimoir said:

I do have to say this is kinda doing things backwards.

The main reason for gold influx is hunters refuge where you could farm insane gold amounts, they should have done things to combat that and not do this now where it brings 0 benefits.

We know that things are going wrong when even Grimoir isnt defending NCSoft this time.

• Like 1

LOL legit LOL. Do you know how cancerous is WARPED CITADEL in HARD MODE? Taking 100 years to find a party for it in hard mode and 1000 years to finish it, plus the DROP rate is so ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤, legit 1 psyche and 1 outfit piece in 50 runs when it came out. What about alts? Do you expect us to go hard mode with alts now or what? What WORKS in KOREA will NEVER WORK in EU/NA. Like remembers Hunter's Refuge ??? This is such bullshit. It feels like you all dogs for Korea and listen to everything what they say, clearly you guys don't lose anything, meanwhile the players that spend money and time here lose the most. Whatever trash

2 hours ago, prietess said:

the most joke of all is tsm becoming 3s, like really/??

There is 3s 20s so I think they mean 3g 20s.

Anyway I started thinking about leaving this game and NCSoft making this much easier for me to decide.

I quit months ago but as usual NC$oft is at it with their typical stupid gold nerfs that drive the few players left away from this game. Shame on you NCWest for not standing up against your korean HQ superiors who force those trash changes that nobody wants onto NA/EU. This game deserves to die already. People, stop wasting your hard-earned money on Trove and come over on PSO2, you will not be treated like dirt over there.

Nerf dungeon reward big time while adding an event that needs 7/7 daily challenge, double spit in the face of the players right there. I wonder how many people will actually bother with this event lololol.

Was waiting for this since hunters refuge, make event that only 1% of the players can take part in that gives 10k gold/2h then compensate for that insane amount of gold you poured into the game by reducing the regular gold income for everyone. That's how nc rolls boys, how any new player can keep playing this game the way nc manages it is beyond me.

This is just unbelievable... atleast if u guys nerfing the gold from these dungeons Dreamsong Theater, Brood Chamber, Warped citadel then remove the hard mode from them.

But to nerf the gold from top dungeons this is just ridiculous (A slap in the face) even the drop rate from HM dungeons is SO LOW.

You can barely get enough gold to transmute trasformation stone... WTH

It's just getting worse and worse.             f2p nah its p2p

if they won't change it they should just shut the game down.

Edited by FistBump

@Hime The gold nerf should not be taking place Unless you want the gap between the new players and the old ones to get bigger, the new players already struggle to make gold and to progress as it is because the community is not the most helpful and the AP means everything, with these gold changes you would only make the community even more dead and some people wouldn't even run dungeons anymore + these gold changes would not hurt the end game player what so even because they already have +100k golds it will only widen the already VERY WIDE GAPE THERE IS THANKS TO YOUR EVENTS ( example NIGHT REFUGE ) 

DONT FORGET THAT BNS IS NOT THE ONLY MMO RIGHT THERE SO PEOPLE MIGHT ACTUALLY GIVE IT UP IF YOU GUYS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE ENOUGH TO MAKE NEW AND MID GAME PLAYERS ABLE TO PROGRESS.

Edited by Akhillieus
  • Like 1

Thank you. Now I have a solid reason to play less. I was wasting a lot of time doing dailies on alts.

Without no hope or motivation to do more farming or upgrading, now I'm just waiting for the FM 3rd spec to test it a bit, and maybe log for weeklies for some fun, and that's it.

tbh at this point I doubt they even care about what the players are saying ... what's next ? 0 gold for dailies and special premium for random chance for a box that gives you a chance to get gold ... this is not how you decrease inflation guys … the ones that have a lot of gold won't care about the nerfs ... anyways the community won't do nothing about this and just look down and accept it … saying "community"  about what BNS has is by lack of another work since its far from being a community ... and tbh it's the community's fault that the game has arrived to this state of decay … so to speak . i realy feel like i should flod the forum with posts in protest to all the bad decisions they made .. but i would be banned by the 4th post .. maby if more members do it they wouldnt ban everyone .. but thats asking you guys to actualy care about the game to the extent of not just saying oh "ncwest is bad" and "game is dying" and "game p2w" ... all mmo's are p2w and its the way the industry has become but there is good p2w and bad p2w  

@Hime Is the gold nerf really necessary like at all? It is already extremely hard to upgrade anything in the game and you nerfing gold to basically nothing isn't making it any better. I understand that this is most likely the korean devs stupid idea but not only will blade and soul continue to lose players but its not fair that you guys expect us to grind hard to upgrade and we're not even getting properly rewarded for it. Making dungeons go from 15g, 14g or even 12g to like 5g is a slap in the face.  I try to encourage more people to play but it gets hard when I know they will get nothing and it discourages the new players as well. Please revert this change I really like blade and soul after player for so long but its getting really hard to play when you guys make changes like this.

I have been playing for 4 months and I have suffered to reach gc3, and now with this reduction of f8; it will be almost impossible to get to gc9. one of the basic requirements you take for msp multi. They're practically telling players to stop playing, it's not worth it.

If there were a reduction in cost proportional to the reduction in the way of obtaining gold, it would be something else. Or increasing the drop rate of items that are so expensive is another way. but this is stupid, you must or leave your whole life if you want to play this game or all your salary.

as if they had no income, but it is more than well known that there is a wide range of players who already invest in the game. it must be that the quarantine melted their brains, because this is a way to lose stable players and practically any new player who just starts and sees that after the story it is impossible to advance, unless you sell your blood and give him the income to the game

• Like 1

1wyJRGE.png

Dungeons and raids are the only gold sources generated by the game and the only ways to earn gold by playing the game. Now the gold from dungeons will be nerfed by about 66%, i.e: you will gain only one third of that gold. Calculate that with the gold from bt/vt/sk and you lose about 45% of your weekly gold.

Now you say this will help the market prices drop but you haven't considered what this means for gear upgrades. The gold required for upgrade costs wasn't nerfed. So in order to get the gold needed to upgrade a certain item, you'll need to grind nearly twice the amount of grind you need now JUST to get gold for upgrades.

This really sucks for several reasons:

1) f2p players will have their income cut down with nothing to balance out their loss.

2) Whales who already have a surplus of gold will be able to buy upgrade materials (oils, pts, etc...) for cheaper prices from the market. i.e: whales will benefit more while f2p players lose more.

3) Any consideration for new players was completely thrown out of the window. Not only do new players have no experience with market sales, but the game just turned into hardcore difficulty for them. A clear example for this would be the following:

Non-crystal pts success rates were significantly nerfed so, besides whaling, they have no real access to it. Now let's say a new player needs to upgrade their weapon to gc3 which doesn't require pts, not to mention it's mediocre AT BEST. The cheapest path from riftwalk/dawnforged 3 to gc3 requires nearly 1300g without adding in the price of gc weapon material. New players that are fresh out of story can only go as high as TSM, or rather get carried up to there. So if you add up the gold from those dungeons, the gold from moon refuge and the gold from raids then you get about 330g-360g per week. This means that new players will need to hardcore-grind every single day for a whole month to ONLY get a mediocre weapon that will STILL not get them anywhere higher than TSM. In other words, they'll grind hard and won't be well rewarded for it.

4) This nerf is apparently based on the assumption that people already have a larger amount of gold than ncsoft wants so everyone will start conserving their precious gold. This assumption only applies to whales and not people who constantly need gold for upgrades.

5) The korean server has multiple times the amount of gold available on the western servers so why can they have their gold while we get the gold nerfs?

Is this nerf ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤? Yes. Is it necessary? No. Will the prices adapt? Yes, it will adapt to benefit whales who will find a way to make use of this nerf.

You can still play the game and enjoy it as much as you like but this nerf is just bad and unnecessary.

TL;DR: f2p and new players will have to grind more, whales will adapt to it, this nerf is ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ and unnecessary but the game is still playable if you use the market.

• Like 3

@Hime

Thanks for answering my questions, comrade!

Gold changes upcoming vs current gold sinks

• Auto-Fishing/Fishing-- 4500 leisure points means 1500 bait, at 10sp auto 3sp normal, 150g/45g a day.  The discussed gold changes don't align well with auto fishing.  If the dungeon gold changes go in, I would like to see the bait costs go down to 3cp for auto/normal bait (due to problems with people scripting normal bait that I won't go into).  Autofishing is best for newer players who don't have the opportunity to do hard mode dungeons for the additional gold chance, so the quest adjustments take the opportunity out of reach with such a lower gold income.
  • Weapon Repair-- Relatively more expensive, but  I think still in the realm reasonablility vs the change daily quest gold income.
  • Unity Chest Opening-- 1g at the blue level upto 5g at the awakened,  attempting a 7 blue fuse to purple(which usually is another blue), costs several daily quests worth of gold to do after the slated change.  Please remove the gold cost from opening unity stone boxes if the
  • Merchant of Wonders selections-  2.5g elysian crystal, 7.5g bloodstone becomes more than a daily quest's worth of gold.  Most things could go down by a factor of 10 with the slated quest gold adjustment.
  • Legendary Jewel/Elements-  20g off dragon express, with a vendor value of 5g (which will be more than most dailies give now).  With accessories taking in the realm of ~120 legendary jewels, at 20g (we'll round to 4 daily quests, imagine the remainder goes to buying weapon repairs)  thats 4x 120, or 480 dailies(the good ones that do 5g), and 1g per to put those jewels(120g/5=24dailies) for a total of 504 daily quests worth of gold, before we calculate in breakthroughs. 
  • Treasure Trove selections-  These have been skewed for quite some time.  With F9 at 1:1,  Trove is only worthwhile for exclusive cosmetics, and otherwise very limited acquisition resources (sealed gold scales, evolved stones, awakened unity) with poor rates on those, but otherwise very limted/unavailable.  1star pages are beatout in value rediculously by things like f10 specials, and in some cases autofishing for crystals.

Its very nice that the HM dungeons have a chance at additional gold(I would even consider putting it in your systems preview article as its linked with the gold income reduction, migrating some of the gold to HM to give more incentive to run HM).  I feel like possibly the rewards are more aimed towards the 3 tier beginner/normal/hard mode, where you can complete a daily in beginner with very little effort and nearly no chance of dying, and as such may not be entirely appropriate for NA/EU's  normal/hard system.  The additional scale fragments would be better suited for the dynamics rather the the dailies in my opinion, as people spam these dungeons daily for the fragments. 

SUMMARY: Quest gold reduction too high compared to goldsinks.  Move Scale Fragment increase from daily quest to the dynamic.  KR 3 tier mode or keep 2 tier mode with less of a goldcoin adjustment than currently slated.

I play this game now (after 4 years brake) for 6-7 Weeks, and I have to say that if this goldnerfpatch hits, my gold earings are going to zero. I have now 2 Characters where I can do dailyquests, but with both I will have at the end like the same gold than before 1 char, thats just stupid. With this change I cant upgrade anything of my gear (that is not high), without waiting 10+ days everytime.. thats so stupid and Im like.. do I rly want to play this game anymore?

I talked with some of my clan about this.. and they all say that now hard times for me as new player coming :(

Edited by NyuGaming

How to kill your player base part 24! This game could really be great if dumb Korean executives even had a clue how to run it. They could really make big profit and have a bigger player base if they were smart or even if they PLAYED THEIR OWN GAME but instead they choose to keep milking the same old dry whales and just  say ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ the players and new players. Really sad. Alexa play despacito. Even me who has spent a fair amount of money these past years, is considering quitting the game now.

• Like 1

@Hime

explain newcomer and lowies how get gold for upgrade

or why only  get in HM

ppl are leave game !  ymake commity toxic ! stop raise maketprizes  we haven t china or korean system here !

if y want thats ppl quit do this more and more -game die

item prices raise hard

and this is your master plan system ... after 3 bad events one after another??...are you actually trying to force people to leave this game or what? because at this point you guys are LITERALLY ruining whatever left of the game... first your completely destroyed gold value with "Hunter Refuge" 4th anniversary (SHITTY) event ... and your idea to fix it back and give gold some value is by taking out the entirety of gold from the game and force players to do HM dungeons????...

i am sure many before me have suggested decreasing the tremendous amount needed for general upgrades weaps, mats, etc... and at the same time increasing the gold needed for upgrades which would give the gold some value after YOU ruined it with your p2w offers and hunter refuge event... but it seems you guys are just happy to meet each day drinking coffe and letting the kr side decide it all for you while you actually do nothing...

if you guys hate f2p players THAT MUCH ... just make the game accessible with monthly payment just like world craft and simply kick whatever left of f2ps and keep hugging your paying players ....

how brilliant taking out the main and last source for gold for f2ps  and new players ... seriously if you make all free players quit ... how would u make some competition for the paying players ???

instead of ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ up the game try to work on your so promised ue4 that we have been told it's coming since 2006

reconsider your actions because by far this is the WORST decision you are ever going to make .... i as ( a free player) shall requit the game again, as it won't be worth the time anymore...