Forums

Please reconsider the upcoming F8 gold nerfs

GilbyGlibber

@Hime  1.My first question:

Was the table in the systems article a compreshensive list of dungeons with significant gold reduction?  What about the following quests?

• "Trial of the Ancients" Den/M'ao, currently 14.15g(18.39g Premium)
  • "Sundered Reflections" CoS/Hong, currently  8.42g(10.95g Premium)
  • "Rose From the Past" Heaven's Mandate currently 9.95g(12.93g Premium)
  • "In the Dead of Winter" Wintermane, currently  4.95g(6.43g Premium)
  • "Rage against the Longui" the MSP daily, 9.66g(12.55g Premium)

2. My second question:

The rough translation of the RU preview mentioned in its change list a chance of gold chest/bag drop on HM dungeons(Dynamic or Body unknown).  With how similar our patch bundles have been coming out of NCsoft HQ, is that something that is happening to NA/EU hardmodes (Besides Pink Hulk in the Gumdrop Forest HM)?

Edit: I see that i didn't read properly, and that Pink Hulk HM lists an "Extraordinary Goldcoins box". My bad

Edited by ElectricPotato

prob see more people leave the game expecfially since pso2 is out

I have a daily group to do daily dung, hopefully they wont leave too. This is way too much gold lost! And it's the top dungeon.

On the bright side maybe when more people leave the server can perfrome better? 

• NCSOFT

Thanks for the quick feedback. Let's see what we can.

18 minutes ago, ElectricPotato said:

@Hime  1.My first question:

Was the table in the systems article a compreshensive list of dungeons with significant gold reduction?  What about the following quests?

• "Trial of the Ancients" Den/M'ao, currently 14.15g(18.39g Premium)
  • "Sundered Reflections" CoS/Hong, currently  8.42g(10.95g Premium)
  • "Rose From the Past" Heaven's Mandate currently 9.95g(12.93g Premium)
  • "In the Dead of Winter" Wintermane, currently  4.95g(6.43g Premium)
  • "Rage against the Longui" the MSP daily, 9.66g(12.55g Premium)

2. My second question:

The rough translation of the RU preview mentioned in its change list a chance of gold chest/bag drop on HM dungeons(Dynamic or Body unknown).  With how similar our patch bundles have been coming out of NCsoft HQ, is that something that is happening to NA/EU hardmodes (Besides Pink Hulk in the Gumdrop Forest HM)?

Edit: I see that i didn't read properly, and that Pink Hulk HM lists an "Extraordinary Goldcoins box". My bad

The table in the article is the full list as far as we're aware but we'll double check. There is a chance for a Gold Chest to drop in completing certain dungeons in Hard Mode. Those HM dungeons are:

• Halcyon Hills    
  • Stonescale Passage
  • Hangar 0
  • Cathedra Cliffs
  • Dreamsong Theater    
  • Brood Chamber
  • Warped Citadel

Good night, you’re killing the game this way, decreasing the gold that way, it’s going to happen the same way the other time, but you lose thousands of players, because you can’t do something fair, in which case the pach is not fair in dungeons they have more than half of each gold decreased

What's the point in nerfing the gold in dungeons? Sure the old dungeons need a little nerf, see RT and ST that already had a gold nerf and the values it's not too different from before, but, the new dungeons like CC, H0 and SP having about 60% of gold drop?? It's non-sense. If that's the way you guys think you can kill your playerbase, then, I think someone is getting a promotion :)

@Hime These gold nerfs are 100% not needed, by doing this you will only kill motivation for player's to log in and do their daily dungeons, on top of that you are hurting the new players / mid tier players who rely on these dungeons for a gold income. No one wants to run the same exact dungeons for LESS gold it's a slap in the face.  I'm not sure why you came up with these or if these are changes strictly from KR, but I can assure you it will hurt the playerbase. 

• Like 5

Waw this is crazy.

You don't learn from the past do you?

Do you even remember how much mess it was when you tried to reduce the gold from dungeon f8 last year during that first time you introduced orb of ascension and 8 daily quests?

You remember how you killed f8 even with 30% reduction of gold for CC-TSM?

But now look at what you intend to do, look at that crazy reduction.

Like seriously? WC is only 4g 58s? do you even know how much time and effort to do WC with 'just nice' gear Aransu 9 because majority of your players have no brain and do not do mechanic in dungeons?

Waw this is really crazy. Who will even have motivation to do that 7 daily quests everyday with this kind of gold reward?

I am going to write this now, this will surely kill F8.

Solution to Gold inflation is NOT LIKE THIS!

Talk to your community and they will tell you better ways @Hime , aka you need to give more ways to farm evolved stone/etc so that the price on market drops.

You guys will surely regret doing this, I guarantee you!

Edited by prietess
  • Like 6

you guys get smart, how do you plan to bring this declining game to life with each passing day, 1 first there is no technical support, 2 do not have a reliable community because they are largely toxic and now to top it shotdown to gold, They should provide life to the game, not death, and to top it all off, the treasure comes ... SERIOUSLY !!! that is totally ridiculous

• Like 1

Yeah another gold nerf... Like what the hell.

You guys did that for ages already yet, what changes... it just make things harder on player side, The gold income is already fixed by daily quest, any extra has to come from biddings or raids or selling rare items. Those without raid or having difficulty getting one will be handicapped (even more) in gear progression.

and there also this :

" For Temple of Eluvium and Nightfall Sanctuary, the Enrage Timer for Flaming Asura, Great Thrall, Hive Queen, The Peacekeeper, and The Shield Bearer will be reduced."

What the ... Well for low pings or those got carried by friends, that probably fine or when there are whales come in... But reduction in enrage timer basically means you guys are buffing the raid difficulty.  If my experience is any relevant, this will constrain progressing people harshly in the same manner you made change to Naryu Sanctum enrage.

If the purpose of daily gold reduction is to force people into new content... then enrage timer reduction is the paradox of it as more effort/dps gear have to be invested to beat the enrage instead of what you probably wish "people will just get over tat and try new content"..like everyone can suddenly got raid for ET or IA.

People will get even saltier.. and simply shunning others more and more.  No more Raven alts for VT and probably they cant even afford to get Aransu.  Selling raid may only carry 1 or maybe 2 people instead of 3-4 people, so hurt in income + Reduction in daily gold mats.

• Like 2

This is not sense. I've tried to bring a lot new players into the game but it's so hard for them to actually get gold to equip themselves. I've recommended them to at least do their daily and you can get around 90 gold if you are premium and they are actually playing the game daily and you want to nerf all dungeons gold? You need to actually bring more people not kill the rest of us. This was a HUGE thing last time you did it and a lot of people quit the game and you change everything back (too late from some players). Do not do the same mistakes again, LEARN! A lot of others players have been complaining about this in reedit. Listen to your small player base or you will not have one soon. 

Edited by NiLord
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, NiLord said:

This is not sense. I've tried to bring a lot new players into the game but it's so hard for them to actually get gold to equip themselves. I've recommended them to at least do their daily and you can get around 90 gold if you are premium and they are actually playing the game daily and you want to nerf all dungeons gold? You need to actually bring more people not kill the rest of us. This was a HUGE thing last time you did it and a lot of people quit the game and you change everything back (too late from some players). Do not do the same mistakes again, LEARN! A lot of others players have been complaining about this in reedit. Listen to your small player base or you will not have one soon. 

Imagine doing H0 with plebs from f8 for 15-20mins long but then rewarded only 5g >,>

Would rather do MSP farm 1 run stage 1-6 and spend 20mins-25mins each run and get at least 1 evolved stone which is 44g each. lol.

Not sure if any1 should either laugh at this or......just laugh at this, are you kidding us? So from basically 130-150g dailys your telling us *hey guys come and get 7 X5g= 35g  from dailys.LMAO  /giggle. Meanwhile no weapon reduction cost no other gear peices reduction cost in sight. Funny how easy it is to *BAM* drop gold rewards from dung by over 70% while gear upgrades remain the same expensive with godly  unreachable expensive materials *cough 650g+ pts cough*. Where is the motivation to even bother log in and run hm dung....for 5 *FIVE* shiiitty gold or perhaps a  KAZINO ROULETTE CHANCE of the gold chest? which btw is bid/shared by 5 other pt members. Never in my 25 years playing MMO's have i seen such a completly out of touch publisher-comunity relationship. Its like you (NC) are deliberatly trying soo hard to kick your *leftover* playerbase in the *cough* FORCING us to leave. NO darling it is no threat, it is a statement/fact.

• Like 2

and what they want, ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ the game because there are dungons that take time and if the reward is not worth it, no one will enter the f8. that will not give results I invest a lot of time and money in this game, please do not screw it up that my time is valuable and if that happens I will be forced to look for new alternatives

@Hime

If you guys would finally introduce the actual beginner mode from Korea and give the nerfed golds on this mode. This would actually be a good change. 

But giving nerfed rewards for the same work we did before is just bs

Edited by Edensia
Typo

Hi, I am new to the game, about 2 months in, and I have to say, doing daily is pretty much my main source of income. I came after missing out the free weapon event few months back, so learn to grind mats and at same time trying to save $$ to buy things for upgrade has been a pain, especially when I can't access top global dungeons yet. This nerf to gold will dramatically hurt players like me who relies on daily gold to try catch up to long time players, and now with this I don't know how long it will take me to upgrade items, it is very depressing just to think about it.
Please reconsider this decision, it actually make me consider long term plans with this game if this update hinders my means of trying to progress in game.

• Like 3

Here's an idea for the devs to try help the situation maybe?

Create a system score level based on your unity level, hongmoon level or/and gear level. Anything that cannot be changed by high geared players to cheese more gold.

Then use the system to give gold rewards on dungeons based off this score. A dynamic gold reward if you will. Each dungeon has their own score level assigned to them. If your score level is higher than this, your gold reward will be nerfed in this dungeon. This would give the new players the ability to still get some gold.

Beautiful change. Personally I am happy with it. All this farming started getting to me so now I can happily leave game right after finishing story act. Not sure why NC$ tries half measures when humanity invented and successfully tested such things as mustard gas.

• Like 2

Hello,

I've been playing since 2016, i never posted in forums, super super rare.

I've been defending the game for almost every patch, people rage i try to let them calm down.

This time i really can't do it.

Nerfing gold from 15g to 5g, on biggest dungeons, is like unacceptable.

Its already low, please try to re-consider about the nerfs, keep it as it is.
Already most of the community are quitting right now, we're struggling to find people to join our raids.
I was about to spend a lot of money in the upcoming trove, now i decided to NOT Spend any thing, maybe not any more.

These changes gonna let most of the player base quit.

Because i am not gonna do dailies any more, i'll just log in, to do IA( Steelbreaker raid and ET) Then i'll logg off.

This is the best MMO game, and even though it has so much bad optimizing and we still play it, because we love it, dont do this specific change, most new players will quit and mid tier too.

Please revert this change.

We want to bring more people into game.

Edited by Bandar
  • Like 3

Instead of giving better incentive to play try and ecaurage to play this game intead of runing off to pso2 etc

You do this? 

Sometimes i wonder, are you secretly trying to shutdown this game?  or has that been the plan all along?

Edited by LaraKelly