Master hong is the worst designed boss in all of video games

LlamaDude

I have never had the honor to fight the laziest boss design you can ever see in a video game. You have this boss that has map wipe mechanics which is good and requires reaction speed, he has skills to dodge and a rotation to learn. But then maybe that wasnt enough so the single dumbest and laziest mechanic was added and its his bleed, and it appears that a bleed mechanic can be seen in many many bosses in the game and it really is the laziest way to add difficulty to a boss. the reason it is the worst applied on master hong is that you are already forced to dodge skills but if you get hit by  A SINGLE skill you will bleed to death, and just to make it even worse they add a healing reduction on it. The bleed does not need to exist on this boss he already has enough, and if you want to add a bleed effect to the boss you 1. Cant have the bleed apply through i frames that is ridiculous and tailors the boss to specific classes and 2. cant have it be so unforgiving that it kills you if you get hit a single time. It is very clear that most bosses in this game are designed to get dps smashed to skip all mechanics, but bosses like this where you literally can not do that (He is a boss that is required to defeat to acquire gear) you can't have the boss winning the fight by landing a single skill. I am sure some classes have an easier time with this boss but the bleed effect is 100% the worst mechanic and worst application of the mechanic I have ever seen in any boss in any video game. 

Best advise I can give is to work on positioning. Some attacks can be i-framed without receiving the bleed, the rest just require proper positioning which is not that different from learning to iframe things, just with a different mindset. The bleed is honestly not that bad. If you find yourself dying to it, try specing regen and/or debuff defense with your hongmoon points. I think I spent the better part of 8 hours learning how to clear this the first time.

At worst, just ignore the bracelet for the time being and go back when you have more gear. It does not take much gear anymore to just burst through 50+ % of the fight with all the new gear that has been released since the dg came out two years ago.

Actually the bleeding effect isn't that bad, it just requires a totally different mindset that players didn't need at bosses before. "Oh a red attack, I just i-frame that" isn't working anymore, therefore a proper positioning is. Usually you don't die to 1 stack if you keep hitting the boss, mostly it is the panic "Oh god, I have one stack" which leads to a lethal mistake like another stack on top of that. Not to panic if one mistake has happened and to stay into rotation is difficult, as the body stops logical thinking when starting to panic.

• 2 weeks later...

Killiefish and Nemises you' r right on how to beat him, but what he point out is also the lazy mech put on this boss. And Here can't say that dev did something ridiculous. Even you Killie agree somewhere on fact that finaly the best is to burst him instead of using brain, and yeah, more time come, more they do boss that way . The dreamsong theather first boss is certainly the most evident show of failure on making people using tactic.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb krusader:

the lazy mech put on this boss.

Mech is not lazy it was actully really funny and hard when we didnt have like 2 Million DPS Average. Before awakening i had really good gear already and did like 500K this Boss nice back then.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb krusader:

the best is to burst him instead of using brain

Thats not part of the mech thats cause we do way to much dmg nowdays. Its like you say every dungeon below Hangar has shitty mechs cause you can burst all of them down nowdays.

• 3 months later...

For me, master Hong fight is cool as it is with a mid gear (you're at least able to burst him to skip the time he hits the ground 3 times but not enough to avoid him jumping 3 times in middle) . Only thing that really bother me, is that it is, as everything in game, ms dependent. High ping, high frustration ! Getting hit by his aoe when visually, you're out of it, taking the bleed of course : yeah, real fun time. I can get why some fights need to be build with ms in mind (mostly fights where you need to be in party), but solo ones should not as that adds an unfair penalty to some players. But i guess, it is, how it is and high ping players have to predict and not just recognize patterns, and act in consequence. Good thing, it is a dungeon : lucky revitilazer !

Edited by Soulseek