Suggestions for Systems & Items changes

Azaethal

I don't think I can recall any meaningful changes to systems and items for B&S since the original NCWEST team left this game. As a larger update is being prepared for June, I'd love to see more major changes in that department. Here are some of my personal suggestions:

• Unity is endlessly frustrating. Feedback has been nothing but negative on the Unity system. Adjusting the system to not have the RNG factor would be an amazing start.
  • Drop ratio of Evolved Stones needs severe adjustment. It's not OK for them to be as expensive as they are on the Marketplace. Yes, I know this has been an issue forever. No, I won't stop complaining about it. We were already upset with the average cost being ~20g and I don't think I need to tell you what they're at right now.
  • Adjustments to game economy to prevent the current gold inflation. Gold has zero value, which is mindblowing considering how much of a controlled game environment B&S has. It shouldn't be that hard to control the economy.
  • I challenge the B&S team to put 1000g on the Currency Exchange to see if it sells. This goes hand in hand with the inflation issue. F9 is not acceptable as Hongmoon Coins can only be acquired from Seasonal Ranking rewards and, if you're very lucky, from Venture Tokens.
  • Meaningful equipment cost reductions, not adjustments. With the tools available, NC can see where most players get stuck equipment-wise to make appropriate decisions for the cost reductions. This tool has either been forgotten or is being blatantly ignored. Also, bit of a personal request: decrease the Premium Transformation Stone cost for the Thornbreaker weapon for stages 3-9 please. I'm not in the mood to pay 30x PTS for the cost of around 20,000 gold.
  • Elder Scales are a joke. The most viable option to obtain Elder Scales is completing Cathedra Cliffs solo to take the Elder Scale Fragments for yourself. This is then done hundreds of times for all the equipment upgrades that require this item. Make Hangar 0, Stonescale Passage, and most importantly the next Heroic Dungeon (Peach Garden, as the community named it) drop at least a full scale from the main boss in Easy Mode. Maybe increase the Elder Scales acquired from the Dynamic Quests too while you're at it.

Feel free to add more suggestions or disagree with my personal 'requests'. :HajoonCheer:

• Like 2

The inflation of B&S only goes to the whales, because my gold as a mid-tier player is still just ok. The Elder Scales will be entire very soon, when BC was a new dungeon we also had to bid and farm fragments, it changes as the scale gets in the end of their life, wich will happen wich Elder soon, since the next dungeon is the last one with it.

The rest I agree, but Unity I would make a chance, NCsoft wont change the rng of it, so what we should really be asking if for a better rng, increase of the lower tier aviability, and lower the cost from getting from CS for example.

But wait, there's more !

• PTS crystals instead of Premium Trans. Stone for VT necklace.  Btw 6 PTS for VT necklace yet only 3 for ET necklace, might wanna take care of in-game details if anything.
  • Remove purple stages on Soul, Pet, Talisman and Heart : waste of mats, waste of time.
  • Might wanna adjust costs back for soul as well, 4 years old True Cosmic and you still spend almost 7k gold to upgrade from the starting soul.
  • More crafting guild stuff : Radiant Ring for gem powders, Earthseers for fabrics, just a few example.
  • Transmutation rework : no one transmutes jewels nor elements, neither outfit pouches. Soulstone crystals again and again and again, let's chill out with them one day.
  • Premium windstride bonus removed, every players loses the windstride cooldown.
  • Free alteration of your character under the effects of Premium membership. 
  • Soul shield set still in effect even if the outfit is unequipped.
  • Daily challenge removed, rewards transferred into login rewards. (*I'll explain after because this one is, I think, my most controversial hot take)
  • "MSP/BT" soul shield system : quick explaination -> no more double RNG stats like VT and above, only a single one.
  • Elysian crystals from dynamic raid quests. (or boss treasures, whatever)
  • Can we please find a way for account shared achievements ? And by the way, we need more stuff to buy from achievement merchant Kiyeon.
  • Pet gems from Koldrak. Give the box for like, I don't know, 150 Koldrak scales or something.
  • Dragon express : add an option for enlightened jewels/elements for 1g + 5 jewels/elements. 
  • Why does transmuting RK souls still cost 5g ? BT/VT/TT tier should ask 1g for their transmutation, step up your updates.
  • Undo the mats streamlining : more elysian/sacred needed for PvE, more ms/ss for PvP. (while also reducing the amount needed of ely/sacred for PvP, and vice versa)

I could go on, but that's the one I'm thinking about right now, I used to have a doc full of changes but it would mostly need to rework the entire game at this point. I'm just gonna give an honorable mention to gems : a single gem should be used to upgrade. One octagonal = one hepta and certain different mats. I find it stupid the fact that you need 3 7-sided gems to obtain a single one that only gained one freaking side.

* Now about the daily challenge thing, I'll explain the reasons why :

- Login rewards doesn't need the player to play the game depending on people that has IRL work, etc. 

- not forcing the player to run dungeons that aren't for their "tier". (why do I have to run Hollow's Heart with Thornbreaker 9)

- and this video from Jarke as well, 

I can see people coming about how it would affect alts, etc. Worry not, I think the game could use of making "box tiers" like normal, rare, heroic and legendary. Daily challenge treasures could have those tiers, where the most chars you own, the better the box you'll get.

F.e. an account with 2 chars will always have the normal box (current one), while an account with let's say 7 chars will get a heroic one (purple).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rephiria said:

PTS crystals instead of Premium Trans. Stone for VT necklace.  Btw 6 PTS for VT necklace yet only 3 for ET necklace, might wanna take care of in-game details if anything.

Definitely. There's a fair amount of weird systems in place that just doesn't make sense, like how the Weekly Challenge rewards 1x Small Ancient Honing Oil Chests. I thought we were phasing those out.

Remove purple stages on Soul, Pet, Talisman and Heart : waste of mats, waste of time.

I'd actually prefer them doing what they did when retiring the Seraph/Baleful weapon paths for a while. Instead of removing the stages, just put an insignificant cost, like a few Naryu Tablets for each stage. I'm not a big fan of straight up removing some tiers. Just some free progress for players at the start without having to put in much or any work.

More crafting guild stuff : Radiant Ring for gem powders, Earthseers for fabrics, just a few example.

YES. We definitely need a proper supply of Gem Powders. Can't believe I forgot to mention that one.

Can we please find a way for account shared achievements ? And by the way, we need more stuff to buy from achievement merchant Kiyeon.

I would also love having account-wide Achievements. I'm soon rerolling from a character with 5k+ Achievement Points and it's a bit sentimental to drop all that progress just because I want to play another class.

Also, we need another adjustment to the Hongmoon Level Experience curve, like we had back in the Theater of Mystery update. Here's the line from the patch notes:

The Hongmoon Level Experience curve has been updated. Your total Hongmoon Experience will not be changed but the amount of Hongmoon Experience required for each level has been reduced.

It's frustrating barely making any progress when completing quests.

vor 14 Stunden schrieb Azaethal:

I would also love having account-wide Achievements. I'm soon rerolling from a character with 5k+ Achievement Points and it's a bit sentimental to drop all that progress just because I want to play another class.

If you change your class/char you will not be able to sent over: Soul shields, Unity Stones, Achivements, Hongmoon level. I think if you want to play another class and already have to pay thousands of gold to sent over your stuff you should be able to sent your whole stuff. Thats why i never changed my class even tho i wanted to. Now i simply play my 2nd class as 2nd main and give it some Gear.

Zitat

Also, we need another adjustment to the Hongmoon Level Experience curve, like we had back in the Theater of Mystery update. Here's the line from the patch notes:

It's frustrating barely making any progress when completing quests.

Most free to play People are HM 21 - 23 most casher are around HM 25 - 27 and hardcore cashers (only seen 2 yet) are around HM 30 - 35. I think its definetly the case we should get the XP requirement put down so you can actully reach HM 35 in a humans lifetime without cashing. Or atleast they should reduce the cost of transforming 1Million Xp charms to 5 Million Xp charms + removing the 24 Hour Cooldown.

I am HM 23 and the Account/Char i play is 2 Years old.

Edited by ImoutoMaster

• 2 weeks later...
Le 01/06/2020 à 20:42, Azaethal a dit :

Definitely. There's a fair amount of weird systems in place that just doesn't make sense, like how the Weekly Challenge rewards 1x Small Ancient Honing Oil Chests. I thought we were phasing those out.

I'd actually prefer them doing what they did when retiring the Seraph/Baleful weapon paths for a while. Instead of removing the stages, just put an insignificant cost, like a few Naryu Tablets for each stage. I'm not a big fan of straight up removing some tiers. Just some free progress for players at the start without having to put in much or any work.

YES. We definitely need a proper supply of Gem Powders. Can't believe I forgot to mention that one.

- I believe they're being phased out around the end of this month so they'll most likely not be handled any longer.

- Yes and no. I do understand some stages are nice to go through but I'm definitely against items keeping their older stages such as stage  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 etc. Either remove them completely (bit harsh for sure) or just make it Cosmic -> Awk. Cosmic -> True Cosmic without the 1 2 3 4 5 stages annoyance.

- I mean, pretty much all the items should be able to be crafted via. crafting/transmutation. It's annoying to have games always revolving around gold/"""p2w""" (should be just pay at this point since you don't win anything, whatever) instead of having self-autonomy. I'd like to gather my own mats with my own self along my own means/grinding, and not counting on DC/WC + raids + random bid money every single time using 42 alts char.

- Exactly. This game should get some lessons from BDO about account wide features in my opinion.