elder scale fragment

mewtineer's coin fragment

tranquility emblem fragment

alpha emblem fragment

resurgence fragment

and all former fragments of ToI

I don't see any right to exist for these items as:

- scales / tokens / coins are the items the players are aiming for

- converting fragments into "full" items and back is just a mathematical operation without giving the items a new meaning

- the developers could also adjust the droprate and numbers of scales needed instead of implementing two different item IDs each time

- just another item to blow up the games code

- there are other ways for the developers to invent trash items to blow up the inventory

/discuss

Edited by Nemises
  • Like 1

If they removed the fragments i can almost guarantee you they would put those drops of full items into Hard Mode dungeons and buff the others so it wont be so easy to get them farmed.

I think its fine as it is, they would only need to add more of the full scales into hard modes and give us more vault space.

1 hour ago, Grimoir said:

If they removed the fragments i can almost guarantee you they would put those drops of full items into Hard Mode dungeons and buff the others so it wont be so easy to get them farmed.

Your only concern about this is, that the developers could screw it up? As much as I've seen in this game I'm not frightened anymore to see things to be changed.

1 hour ago, Grimoir said:

I think its fine as it is, they would only need to add more of the full scales into hard modes and give us more vault space.

To adjust the balancing between nm and hm is a total different story, as for this another topic should be opened, which I definitly would support.

For my idea they could just scale the current amount of scale fragments. If there are for example 10 elder scale fragments in the easymode they scale it to 20 and replace it with one scale. While doing this all the other things have to scale in the 1:2 ratio too, so it is double the scales in hardmode and double the scales to upgrade an item... Overall the current farm time neither would be increased nor decreased.

Giving more vault space is just adding more lines to the well known "spaghetti code" like people call it nowadays. My suggestion points right in the other direction: reducing the number of coding lines.

Edited by Nemises
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nemises said:

For my idea they could just scale the current amount of scale fragments. If there are for example 10 elder scale fragments in the easymode they scale it to 20 and replace it with one scale. While doing this all the other things have to scale in the 1:2 ratio too, so it is double the scales in hardmode and double the scales to upgrade an item... Overall the current farm time neither would be increased nor decreased.

Giving more vault space is just adding more lines to the well known "spaghetti code" like people call it nowadays. My suggestion points right in the other direction: reducing the number of coding lines.

I would agree on the scaling. However this would not reduce coding lines as everything would still be in the client. all that would change is the drop table.

16 hours ago, Grimoir said:

I would agree on the scaling. However this would not reduce coding lines as everything would still be in the client. all that would change is the drop table.

Well I guess you're right. They would change the loot table and keep all those unneccessary lines and links in the database and the client, like they did it with many antique items. However UE4 date hasn't been anounced yet, I would like to see more effort to have a cleaned up UE3 client. Of course the items are just a small part, but it's a part that can be changed without having to do major changes.