Sign in to follow this  
ITY

Ninja Change to Wingsong/Lionroar upgrade path with Pristine Oils

ITY   

So like 12 hours ago I was telling to my friend which dungeon weapons he will gonna need for stage 6-9. And to be sure I opened the patch notes you guys posted. 1 Hangar 0 weapon and 2 Stonescale weapons.

Now we logged in to see that changed to pristine oils. I even checked the website and saw they also ninja changed in notes. Is this a usual NCSoft patch error or you guys are trying to find new ways to make players stop playing the game?

Ketsura   

And in the post they said about adjust the cost of 1-6, wich didnt change at all.

The patch notes did not say anything about pristine oils. And there was no google sheet on the patchnotes for this. I have screenshots of what was originally posted

Cor   

This is normal here never trust patchnotes, welcome to bns.

Grimoir   
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Marscarpone said:

The patch notes did not say anything about pristine oils. And there was no google sheet on the patchnotes for this. I have screenshots of what was originally posted

Correction: the post was a items and systems PREVIEW, the actual patch notes were posted later with a google document. At least in my world, a preview is different from actual patch notes.(Given the patch notes also had some errors LOL)

Edited by Grimoir

On 5/20/2020 at 2:22 PM, Ketsura said:

And in the post they said about adjust the cost of 1-6, wich didnt change at all.

And what about this?

Grimoir   
5 hours ago, Marscarpone said:

And what about this?

Very likely a typo, since costs for skyforge 1-6 were adjusted and not higher tiers.

Sahto   

Same issue here. GM just informed me as of today that they do not care about mistakes on their end but I could use a restoration token since they did nothing wrong at their end.

Times like this really suck, since now I am stuck with brilliant keys and a wasted ton of mats. Way to go NC Soft, this is how you loose (new) players.

Original Cost (https://imgur.com/a/t3XKFLP) as in patch preview which was linked towards in actual patchnotes as of wednesday morning:

EDIT: And has been scrapped as of today.

Wingsong/Lionroar Weapon Stage 7-Stage 9 Upgrade Costs

Stage 6 → Stage 7 | 250 gold | >> Prime Directive Weapon <<

150 Moonstone Crystals | 550 Soulstone Crystals | 150 Elysian Crystals | 550 Sacred Crystals
45 Transformation Stones | 40 Legendary Elements | 20 Elder Scales

Stage 7 → Stage 8 | 250 gold | >> Stonescale Weapon <<

150 Moonstone Crystals |550 Soulstone Crystals | 150 Elysian Crystals | 550 Sacred Crystals

Stage 8 → Stage 9 | 250 gold | Stonescale Weapon

150 Moonstone Crystals | 550 Soulstone Crystals | 150 Elysian Crystals | 550 Sacred Crystals

To open said boxes for guaranteed weapon we need three filthy Brilliant Keys that are like 4 Moonstones and Elysians as well as 8 Soul Stones and Sacred orbs and 3 Gold each to craft. Which results in like 92G80S00C each.
Which lucky for NC player who actually give a crap of what they announce just blow off. Since we won't need those but Pristine Oil now.

Pirstine Oil for now needs a Sacred Oil. Which costs 10 Lesser Demon Spirit Stones (will ignore that since it is farmable only - though technically you get like up to 5? per daily routine), 10 Transformation Stones which are ~182G49S80C and 10 Evolved Stones that are annother mere ~480G.  Aswell as 20 Moonstone Crystals thought in Stones around 164G and 12 Elysian Crystals through Orbs 56G40S and 15G in crafting cost.

To evolve that into Pristine its another 15 Gold plus another 8 Elysian Orbs which is like 37G60S and 13 Moon Stones which is like 106G60S.

Totalling in around 1057G09S80C instead of 278G40S00C.

Does it really need a commoner like me to spoilsport your miserable patch news?

Best thing is yet to come:

As per restoration request, please provide us the name of a specific item to be reverted, restored, reseal, etc, so we can look into this. However, we will need to consume a Restoration Token if necessary. Feel free to visit the following link for more detailed information regarding restoration token:

Restoration Token FAQ: https://support.bladeandsoul.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038753051-Token-based-Restoration-Policy-FAQ
Support Site (Restoration Token): https://support.bladeandsoul.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035742871

I already filled out all the informations in my initial ticket. Also since NC again mislead players, I advised them not to touch my tokens and yet again. I get links to sites and the request to bring up my feedback to forums.

Ultimately I come with solutions:

1. Communication is Key. If your staff in designated server locations isn't up to date (caused by the current situation) enable the playerbase itself to translate your updates.
  2. Mistakes are okay, and changes are welcomned. Yet pretending there been no changes, by clearly altering old news. Does not look trustworthy at all. To be frank, if you decided for stg8to9 to add oil since there is no weapon yet. That's reasonable. Switching the system alltogether and pointing this out. That's a way it'd work, though like mentioned above, cost is alsmost 4times now....which again sucks to an extend.
  3. If canges are made, make a new post rather then altering existing ones. Once again mistakes are to be made, no body is mad at this. The sheer fact about ninja changes makes people mad and ultimately quit.
  4. Feedback/Tickets can be frustrating, giving generic answers and links without actually reading the ticket shows a lack of suitability for support. Times and situation given which could reasonably cut time to reply short onn your end, making an official statement could reduce workload on both ends. Like I was encouraged to bring it to here - the forum. Now have staff get back at the topic.

Hope to see you do things better next patch, NC. I'll still give you the moment of doubt. :D

Grimoir   
5 hours ago, Sahto said:

I already filled out all the informations in my initial ticket. Also since NC again mislead players, I advised them not to touch my tokens and yet again. I get links to sites and the request to bring up my feedback to forums.

Technically there was no misleading here. The news post you are referring to was called "Items and system PREVIEW" those were not official patch notes but just a preview of things to expect.anything could change in that one week it was posted, it the same as them making preview streams and then something changes last minute. Official patch notes came out much later with a google doc, that showed the correct upgrade materials per stage. (i had the same issue but i waited for an official doc before i started to get the weapons for myself)

As for the token policy, thats why it was introduced in the first place, to prevent people from just reverting anything they want. Thus regardless if they communicated something correctly or not, every reversal / restoration / transfer always will cost you 1 token. And your tokens refresh on 1st july.

Ketsura   
6 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Technically there was no misleading here. The news post you are referring to was called "Items and system PREVIEW" those were not official patch notes but just a preview of things to expect.anything could change in that one week it was posted, it the same as them making preview streams and then something changes last minute. Official patch notes came out much later with a google doc, that showed the correct upgrade materials per stage. (i had the same issue but i waited for an official doc before i started to get the weapons for myself)

As for the token policy, thats why it was introduced in the first place, to prevent people from just reverting anything they want. Thus regardless if they communicated something correctly or not, every reversal / restoration / transfer always will cost you 1 token. And your tokens refresh on 1st july.

Classic Grimoir always defending NCSoft with knifes and teeths.

Take a minute of really think and ask yourself, if you want watch a movie, you see all the advertise from the movie making it looks a romcom then u go to the teather and... boom, its a Rambo style action-movie. How that isnt misleading? You made something preview something that DONT EXIST in the end. Things like exist exactaly to give ppl info before what happens. If you are not gonna preview it correctly what the point of even doing preview of anything?

Grimoir   
4 hours ago, Ketsura said:

How that isnt misleading? You made something preview something that DONT EXIST in the end. Things like exist exactaly to give ppl info before what happens. If you are not gonna preview it correctly what the point of even doing preview of anything?

It would be misleading if that news post was clearly named "Patch notes", but it wasnt, it was just a preview of what is expected but not guaranteed. This is the exact same situation when they did a preview stream for the honing oil system and then everyone started crying because "they showed it like that and that how it was supposed to be" while it was just a show off of whats currently there with subject to change. Exactly, they should stop posting any previews and just do the final notes a day before maintenance. that would eliminate more than half of the complaints here.

1 hour ago, Grimoir said:

It would be misleading if that news post was clearly named "Patch notes", but it wasnt, it was just a preview of what is expected but not guaranteed. This is the exact same situation when they did a preview stream for the honing oil system and then everyone started crying because "they showed it like that and that how it was supposed to be" while it was just a show off of whats currently there with subject to change. Exactly, they should stop posting any previews and just do the final notes a day before maintenance. that would eliminate more than half of the complaints here.

It IS misleading, it still states there will be an adjustment to the cost of Stages 1 - 6, and there is none.

And if the preview is just a 'idea of what's to come' it should be the correct information, and IF it's going to be linked from the ACTUAL patch notes (to the exact same preview page), than that information should be true, ninja changes and all.

They SHOULD continue doing previews, to help hype upcoming content. How would you like it if your favorite dipping sauce is coming back to McDonalds, for a very limited time, and you couldn't get any because you had little to no notice prior? 

Anyways, annoyed to 'waste' a token.  Also the time I was taking to plan out my game doings, you know, because I use previews to guide my next gaming path choices :p

Grimoir   
50 minutes ago, Marscarpone said:

It IS misleading, it still states there will be an adjustment to the cost of Stages 1 - 6, and there is none.
And if the preview is just a 'idea of what's to come' it should be the correct information, and IF it's going to be linked from the ACTUAL patch notes (to the exact same preview page), than that information should be true, ninja changes and all.

They SHOULD continue doing previews, to help hype upcoming content. How would you like it if your favorite dipping sauce is coming back to McDonalds, for a very limited time, and you couldn't get any because you had little to no notice prior? 

Anyways, annoyed to 'waste' a token.  Also the time I was taking to plan out my game doings, you know, because I use previews to guide my next gaming path choices :p

We arent talking about adjustments to stages 1-6, we are taling about the upgrades 6-9. Also the reduction you mention was said in the preview. And previews will never have corect information. they can post a preview today, and get a new dev patch tomorrow that changes what they already previewed.

Hyping a content can be done with general news and not specific system changes. you shouldnt use previews but the actual patch notes :P

18 hours ago, Grimoir said:

We arent talking about adjustments to stages 1-6, we are taling about the upgrades 6-9. Also the reduction you mention was said in the preview. And previews will never have corect information. they can post a preview today, and get a new dev patch tomorrow that changes what they already previewed.

Hyping a content can be done with general news and not specific system changes. you shouldnt use previews but the actual patch notes :P

Talking about upgrades is talking about upgrades. And you're basically calling the devs liars all the time. My point was if you will if you say something, you should make good on it.

I feel hype can be for anything as small as a new outfit. For some, that is enough. For others, saving some gold/materials is a worth while hype. The point is that you don't want to disappoint people.

LoooL 

How about stop ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ doing previews patches since are not helping and not even 10% from preview patch stay for live patch . 

Simple, no stress, no misleading ,players stay chill . 

PROBLEM SOLVED. 

Grimoir   
6 hours ago, Marscarpone said:

Talking about upgrades is talking about upgrades. And you're basically calling the devs liars all the time. My point was if you will if you say something, you should make good on it.

I feel hype can be for anything as small as a new outfit. For some, that is enough. For others, saving some gold/materials is a worth while hype. The point is that you don't want to disappoint people.

I am not calling them liars.  But you have to understand the difference between a preview and actual patch notes. As both are different.  Preview shows you what is expected but with subject to change at any time before going live. Patch notes, are what is actually going to be put in (given patch notes are sometimes still a bit inacurate)

People are putting expectations on simple previews and thats why they dissapoint themselves in the end.

Sahto   

Allright, I gotta stop you on your tracks right away:

Am 24.5.2020 um 17:24 schrieb Grimoir:

Technically there was no misleading here. The news post you are referring to was called "Items and system PREVIEW" those were not official patch notes but just a preview of things to expect.

While technically correct, THEY linked said preview in the offical patchnotes therefore VALIDATING their fraud. Additionally changing THE PREVIEW afterwards...whats the point since it is nothing but a preview? I demand your clever answers.

Am 24.5.2020 um 17:24 schrieb Grimoir:

Nice qoute from the link I provided. None the less: You are employed and make a mistake. Lets say you destroy material of $100 worth and to replace and make the project in time express sshippinng fee and more work hours are inevitable. Now your mistake results in a production costs 3 times of the budget. Clearly not your fault for costing said company more expenses? And clearly you won't see yourself getting some punishement for your mistake, right?

Point is: We (players) are forced to pay for their (NC) bad communication skills?

On a more serious note. Lets blame the company that hired the person who caused more expenses, therefore given I use the token now. Since I crafted items....still I wont got gold back I paid for weapon boxes or time wasted farming H0.
Concluding, with current performance (laggier since IA release, even more laggier since IA B3 release, random crashes, random DCs, random server errors, faulty new IP warnings when not even given new auth token for 24+ hrs) time is the most value here. Thats for another post but still:

Am 25.5.2020 um 03:54 schrieb Grimoir:

It would be misleading if that news post was clearly named "Patch notes",

and it was!

Still since official site (NC) doesn't seem to care, we see how much they value us, who are blind enough to still play this buggy mess of a masterpiece.

Rephiria   

First of all a preview should actually just show what's the upcoming contents, telling anything about possible upgrade costs is a hot take. Either that or you should keep all of this when you actually release patch notes.

Now, patch notes or not, it doesn't matter. On a game standpoint, you released two dungeons from where you can get a weapon for breakthrough which are Hangar-0 and Stonescale Passage. I understand the stage 9 breakthrough weapon isn't released yet, and will only be next big patch end of June ("Peach Garden" or the bubblegum monkey guy, whatever) but there is literally no reasons to asks a different mat for breakthrough when the one initially planned for it is actually available in-game.

Replace only stage 9 breakthrough with a Pristine Oil and let stage 7 and 8 use their respective dungeon weapon for the upgrades as initially planned.

There shouldn't even be any arguments about this lol..

@Sahto Alot of players don't pay attention to the patch notes half the time (and that's there fault in imo) and only look at the patch previews, so if they didn't update the patch preview page then all those people would be complaining and making tickets on how the information is wrong and they should fix it. Some would say protecting the stupid is a good reason to update it, personally I don't see why people don't just wait on patch notes. As for the brilliant keys, it's a 60 second craft... why not just wait for official patch notes since you save nothing making them in advance...

Not sure if the 1-6 pve path had the cost upgrades reduces since never used that path, but the cost to go from non-raid back into raid path had alot of roses taken out so I assume thats what they are talking about, you are right thought they could of instead of putting 1-6 price changes specified pve-6 into raid-6 specifically is changing.

Sahto   

Like I already said: Wrong preview was still online, until ppl wrote tickets. Therefore crafting after maint just took *240seconds* since needed to craft twice the amount, and it takes another minute to deliver. Rendering it into 2 minutes per item.

And yeah, my bad for believing official news, on the day of the patch. Ppl that write said news most likely don't know what they doing. Prolly even Franky Boi does write them. Who knows? Actually I am just pissed at their staff and company to still make such trivial mistakes and whiteknights defending this.

Yeah game is fun, wont quit over such. But I can get upset, no?