Forums

How far behind is my dps ?

Uldrum

Hello.

I haven't really been keeping up with BnS since september 2019, so no hanger 0 or Stonescale passage gear or enough scales for the new stages of soul and such.

Currently my parse is around 5.2M, and i'm just wondering how far behind that is to the rest of the playerbase that have been activly playing this time.

13 hours ago, Shekinah said:

way higher than the average player.

Well rip, thought some people would have actully caught up by now.. One of the reasons i lost interest in doing dailies or farming was that it just felt like everyone was relying on me to do all the damage, never improving their own gear to actully contribute some themselves instead of just being dragged a long.

14 hours ago, Uldrum said:

Well rip, thought some people would have actully caught up by now.. One of the reasons i lost interest in doing dailies or farming was that it just felt like everyone was relying on me to do all the damage, never improving their own gear to actully contribute some themselves instead of just being dragged a long.

Kind of hard to when you still have to raid to get raid mats. If a person does not raid or doesn’t have the money to pay someone to get the raid mats they need, they are stuck at low to mid tier gear that only does 500k-2mil in dungeons at most. The only other thing is learning your rotation and how the class plays but that only takes you so far. So if you are parsing 5mil, yeah that’s way higher than most and yes you will still be carrying people, even now.

10 hours ago, Li Mingxia said:

Kind of hard to when you still have to raid to get raid mats. If a person does not raid or doesn’t have the money to pay someone to get the raid mats they need, they are stuck at low to mid tier gear that only does 500k-2mil in dungeons at most. The only other thing is learning your rotation and how the class plays but that only takes you so far. So if you are parsing 5mil, yeah that’s way higher than most and yes you will still be carrying people, even now.

Coimpletely disagree. That is why there is a raid and non-raid weapon path and accessories who do very comparable damage. The issue is imo lazyness of players, and them only caring about "oh which class does most dps", then they play that class without actually knowing anything and how to play it and thats where their damage drops.

On 17/05/2020 at 4:09 PM, Grimoir said:

Coimpletely disagree. That is why there is a raid and non-raid weapon path and accessories who do very comparable damage. The issue is imo lazyness of players, and them only caring about "oh which class does most dps", then they play that class without actually knowing anything and how to play it and thats where their damage drops.

The PVE path that barely gives half of the dmg for most classes? :)

On 17.5.2020 at 9:09 PM, Grimoir said:

Lies, with the exception of a few classes/specs the dmg is way lower than raid path.

I wouldn't call it laziness, @Grimoir. As a matter of fact, the major drivers of mediocrity in this game have purely technical roots and of course, total lack of common sense in the gear progression system. You need to spend roughly 1/3 of your non sleep time in the game in order to be anywhere near "decent" gear levels. Forget omega pet/majestic heart/true everspark+ stages. Just forget them. To get to even the first stages of those parts of the gear progression, you need thousands of hours. It's a good game, gameplay wise, but definitely not good enough to justify such low yields from the time it demands to be spent in it. I wouldn't call not wanting to spend 5h+/day grinding non fun stuff, lazy. There is a very good word for that - wise. When their game runs like an olympian on steroids and doesn't have 200ms server side latency, we'll talk about whether the grind is worth it. Cause as things stand now (at least in EU), getting to OP's parse level is not a goal worth pursuing, considering the amount of white hairs involved.

I have been solo upgrading these past few days after returning. Now, I'm not a raider, not even a party player. I'm also terrible at making friends so I'm alone. Before, I just did whatever I found doable solo, or easy enough that my derps in a group won't cost them the run. Now I'm just going full solo to entertain myself for an hour or so every off day. I also love trying new classes so that's part of my time share. Anyway, that's me in this game in a nutshell and may be the reason why I think the way I think about this.

Also https://bnstree.com/character/na/Zoroki

I burst for around 1.1 mill and can maintain 700-800k on my main. Before, I was on the 300-500k group, so I consider this an upgrade. And this is not by just holding rmb on simple mode. This is by having at least an initial rotation and minding things other than my attack number, like checking and using the buffs my weapon and accessories give to my skills (though I'm the first to admit my crit and mystic are still stupid low). Anyway, I consider myself on the lazy side despite this. I also don't consider myself among the "average" of player dps. But I at least am not at fresh-off-story numbers.

I think if I party up and maybe do low tier raids (which I have never done because I'm so much of a lazy and unskilled sob that I myself do not want to hold anybody back), I may get to maybe 1.5 to maybe 2 mill dps. But.... why interest myself in it all? Why struggle to catch up when every 3 weeks we get a new row of upgrades only the highest of whales and those who are fed through a tube can pay or no-life themselves into, and by the time the "rest" (casuals and mid tier bunch) can reach those levels, nobody cares because a year had already passed? I mean, even though I did these recent upgrades, according to the dungeon guide, my character is only at Throne of oblivion and Brood Chamber tier. How old is that already?

Anyway, I feel that by now, it is accepted within the MMO folk that to be relevant you either go full whale (and have at least $10,000 ready for it no kidding), or go into a combination of grind and pay. The old free grind way seems to be on it's way out, and players are not doing enough to put it back into the relevance status it should be to make f2p games actually live up to their name, because free players ceased to be a boon to company profits long ago, now that they are not really required to promote a game, and the game doesn't need their grinding to feed the whales anymore.

15 hours ago, Hanuku said:

Anyway, I feel that by now, it is accepted within the MMO folk that to be relevant you either go full whale (and have at least $10,000 ready for it no kidding), or go into a combination of grind and pay.

It's not accepted. It's enforced. You think people would whale if there was an alternative that didn't require them to lead a virtual life?

5 hours ago, MassiveEgo said:

It's not accepted. It's enforced. You think people would whale if there was an alternative that didn't require them to lead a virtual life?

You are not fun. I was trying to be optimistic. :PupthosHappyBig:

And when you have decent gear, you need xml and macro ... which making everyone fps down to 5 (even with removing anim and effects)... Sure it's not considered as ddosing client or the servers. At night match server are downs (queuing arena or bg lead to no response sometimes)