Recent low FPS

So i've been playing this game for almost a year now with 60-90 FPS and never have had a problem with it. It just happened today where I can't get my FPS past 20. Its making it almost unplayable and with combat it drops to 9 FPS. I restarted the game and repaired files a few times and it was back to normal for an hour then went back to 20 FPS. I'm not sure why this is happening now and Ive made no changes to my computer or game options. If anyone has any suggestion I would appreciate it.

Thanks

You need to clean your registry (hope its called the same in english). Sometimes when you crash it creates a file which dosent allow you to get further than 20FPS.

This is copied from the german forums and translated to english from me:

Please close Blade and soul beforehand.

1. Press Windows Key + R

2. put it "regedit"

3. Now you can change and delete all kind of registry but please dont randoomly delete stuff it can make your system unstable.

4. next open the following path

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers

There is a data with the name "X:\Blade And soul\BnS\bin64\Client.exe" you have to delete this one.

5. unfourtunetly there is another path you need to look aswell

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers

This is most likely the problem you are facing. Thx to @DNIS i copied it from one of his posts.

On 05/05/2020 at 10:11 AM, Grimoir said:

Make sure all updates for windows are installed.

That's not necessary nor a good idea, especially with recent Windows 10 Updates. Microsoft them self issued warnings for people to NOT update their Windows with newly released updates after confirming new problems that caused millions of users to break their windows, If you have a stable windows there's no need to update just because there is a new update and if you're going to update your windows because "there is a new update" then you should only install updates few weeks to a month after release to avoid problems, usually 2-4 weeks are enough for Microsoft to patch bugs after initial release. I personally never update windows via Windows Updater, after Windows re-install, only install important and stable versions of updates manually and disable Windows updater all together, that's how you avoid problems 90% of the time caused by windows. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/5/2020 at 1:21 AM, ImoutoMaster said:

You need to clean your registry (hope its called the same in english). Sometimes when you crash it creates a file which dosent allow you to get further than 20FPS.

This is copied from the german forums and translated to english from me:

Please close Blade and soul beforehand.

1. Press Windows Key + R

2. put it "regedit"

3. Now you can change and delete all kind of registry but please dont randoomly delete stuff it can make your system unstable.

4. next open the following path

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers

There is a data with the name "X:\Blade And soul\BnS\bin64\Client.exe" you have to delete this one.

5. unfourtunetly there is another path you need to look aswell

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers

This is most likely the problem you are facing. Thx to @DNIS i copied it from one of his posts.

This worked! thank you so much. I forgot to check this since i posted this and been using the 32 bit client which crashed alot. The only thing extra i had to do was also to delete the launcher and there was another BNS client listed as well. Since I did that my FPS went back to 60-90 and i'm back on the 64 bit client.