Blade and Soul Pug Community

Madscream

Hello there. I'm a returning mmo player. Came back about a month ago. Do you think people playing BnS in 2020 are toxic?

I have never seen this mutch hate and toxicity in any game I've played before. 

Is Blade and Soul still even an MMO? People don't talk to each other in parties at all, or if they do, its mostly insults or bragging (or asking for ress).

When someone in F8 said "Hi" to me the other day, I got soo excited I replied and asked about hows hes doing today. Didnt get an answer.

Most chat interractions are just to say "tyfp" at the end of the run.

People play with each other, but they are acting like its single player race with bots. BnS wasn't like this a year ago...

You’re better off getting your social fix from clans or discord’s because most ppl wanna get the dungeon or raid done ASAP. It’s a race because ppl are farming or wanna get their dailies/weeklies done. You can definitely socialize but it’s rare for ppl to have conversations in dungeons unless you hangout at the end or something. Join a clan I can recommend a couple if you’re interested. 

Being toxic in this game is more of a feature implemented in the game mechanics because everyone wants to do dungeons raids fast to move to the next one then switch character and do the same, every day because the game is so grindy and less rewarding if you stick to only one character or use your credit/debit card and yea then you can stick on only one character and do slightly less grind, the game devs made it like this so in the end being toxic in this game is normal.

There is no fun in this game because of the grind if you aim for good or even decent gear and let's not talk about latest raids because as a normal player you will never see that raid unless you pay other players aka "whales" or hardcore players to carry you and buy gear from there because it is a trend to pay someone else to play the game for you.

The problem is how the game evolved over the years, the time it takes to kill bosses is in no relation to how long you have to wait for people, this makes the players very impatient.

If the bosses were harder, took longer and required everyone to do their job instead of just bursting them down in a few seconds you had a more helpful and friendly community, because you depend on others, rather than having them as a Millstone around the neck

Little does anyone know, the game has been like this since the Alpha test back in October, what is was, 2015? I actually had to call a dev on just to ban someone for being die hard racist, in, a, Alpha.

1 hour ago, Arohk said:

If the bosses were harder, took longer and required everyone to do their job instead of just bursting them down in a few seconds you had a more helpful and friendly community,

And much smaller community also. NCS did splendid job of removing any meaningful rewards from dungeons. At least from those I can run - up to TSW. If dungeons start to take 10-15+ minutes and still give only 2-5g then even less players will play.

But you are right of course. I played game that required coordination between players. Surprisingly with very easy mechs comparing to BnS or swtor but most required dps from all players. Just more rewards and way way easier mechs to explain in chat. Surprise but as soon as new tier of progression required hundreds of runs with low rewards and bad rng only hardcore and fans stayed.

They buffed old dungeons by the way. I think all from Ebondrake Citadel and to Ebondrake Lair. I noticed it last week when was running them with new main. Bosses HP were buffed for about 50%+. In EL they simple added 100M to snake (I could not pass further). So old dungeons now are on par with train from SSM to TSW and even worse - it seems they were not nerfed and some mechs still one shot. Rewards... 1g50s from IF or EL.