Where are the Hongmoon Pentagonal gems?

CatchSpeLL

Hello all,

I've been experiencing a very frustrating thing, that's more than half year ago NCWEST released hongmoon pentagonal gems, and since 2 RNG box and 1 trove, there was 0,0001% of players got a single pentagonal gem from trove, from the 60 oils crit!!! 

I've been following NCWEST's release strategy since years, and i can say when a new gem came out, it was avaiable at that moment from RNG boxes or trove! Since we have wait a lot time for penta came out, you can only transmute them because there is no other real way to get them. Also the lower tier square ones are extremely rare( i got  1 normal square from 500 keys in last trove). And don't tell that RNG is working as intended, because it's obvious you don't want us to get those shitty penta gems, only for paying thousands of euros! Also experiencing that you input high tier souls in trove, and new players don't know the chances of those items, maybe 1/10.000 keys, so they feel scammed as well as me, who wanted pentagonals from last trove.

I highly recommend @NCWEST to change this scamming module of troves, or I will buy no more keys/chest like theese.

Forwardly thanks for your listening.

If you really base getting them on trove and rng boxes.....you need to rethink your strategy. They way the players i know of that got Pentagonal gems was getting a lot of triangulars and squares and transmuting them, rather than bet on luck in rng boxes or trove.

There is a very good reason why drop rates for really really good items in trove and rng boxes is that low. And money is only half the reason to it so don't start flaming on "oh NC just wants your money".

Other reason why drop rates are always so low is simply statistics. How many players are there in server in total who buy keys and open trove every time? Quite a lot. How many players are there who open the 1 free trove opening every single day on every single character? More or less everyone. Now let's do some basic math.

Let's create an imaginary situation which easily reflects the real reasons behind low drop rates.  As an example there 7500 players in the server. Every player opens that 1 free trove and buys 1 key on every character they have during the entire trove season which is roughly 4 weeks. On average, let's say those 7500 players have about 4 characters.

So from the free openings alone during the entire trove event, trove rng will be triggered 7500x28 times during the event. That's just with 1 character so multiply that number with another 4. So we get (7500x28) x 4. Then multiply with the amount of keys they use on every character, in this case by 1 extra opening per character. Final number will be that trove is in this case opened 1 680 000 times on average. In reality that number will most likely be significantly higher, depending on the server and the playerbase of course.

1% from that 1 680 000 is 16 800. Soooo if any item has 1% drop rate, you would on average, depending on rng, get 16 800 units of that item distributed across the entire server playerbase. If the gems had this, there would be way too many gems in the game and it would make them way too common to be an endgame item. That is why most often for items such as the currently best items or very highly sought after items have lower than 0.1% drop rate. To prevent them from flooding the game economy or whatever.

Now add in the greed for money, and you get a very low drop rates of 0.000001% just to make sure that only like 50 or 25 out of 7500  lucky players or something of that nature gets to see them. There you have the 2 factors that are taken in to calculate drop rates for items and boxes and basically anything.

Edited by Amarathiel

OK, lemme try again with a different example of what I mean.

Drop rates are done based on how many trove keys do I want to entire server to use before a gem drops. Plain and simple logic  that makes sense. It's not based on how many keys I want a player to use. It's based on the entire server. If I want that the entire server needs to use 10000 keys before 1 gem drops, boom there you have the drop rate.

More players opening troves = better chance to get a gem since the rng is being  triggered more often than in a low populated server. It does not mean you have a better chance to get it, chance is still the same. The amount of times that chance is tested is the only thing that increases and makes it more likely to get it. Hence the saying rng is rng.

Im not saying it's a good thing, on the contrary. This type of rng can actually **** people over very hard depending on luck which is why I personally would want something like every box gives a coin and then you can use the coins after you have enough of them to buy the item if you really got unlucky on every rng thing. Mao gloves for example being one.

Edited by Amarathiel