Sign in to follow this  
Killiefish

The New AFK Fishing Event

The topic was discussed in fairly great detail last time...but allow me to offer a suggestion to make the event more enticing and worthwhile to log in for.

I understand that there needs to be some sort of limit on the amount of currency a player can acquire each week for balance reasons and yada yada. That being said, can we just have something like a daily/weekly cap and allow players to get the same amount of currency while being able to choose between actually playing the game and afk'ing. Ignoring weeklies, players can currently get three currency from daily dungeons and seven from afk fishing for a total of ten currency each day. Why not make it so players can get a cap of ten daily, but allow players to choose between purchasing 10 currency with angler pearls or doing dailies with something like 2-3-5 currency for 2-5-7 dailies. 

I'm sorry, but I would rather play the game for events than afk fish, just a personal preference.

3 minutes ago, Bacote said:

yes, you can just play the game and ignore afk fishing

20 minutes ago, Killiefish said:

I'm sorry, but I would rather play the game for events than afk fish, just a personal preference.

Over the course of the event (4wks) the significant amount of currency available through autofishing will add up to full vials.  With the extensive redemption period available after the acquisition period ends, the account limit is somewhat moot, negating the need to combine 7/7 dc and weeklies currency for speedy acquisition to meet acount limits.

83 tokens, 1800 pearls per token, divide by 16.8 pearls/autobait aproximation, multiply by 0.10 gold/autobait cost, ~889g spent per vial?

83x1800= 149,400 pearls

149,400/16.8= 8893 baits

8893x 0.1= ~890gold

NOTE: If you were somehow able to use normal bait for 5-6hrs a day,

8893x0.03= ~266gold.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT 3sp NORMAL BAIT BE INCREASED TO 10sp(Add chance of rare fish) AS A COUNTERMEASURE TO DISCOURAGE INAPPROPRIATE GAMEPLAY.

Tufa   

This new trend of afk playing is a joke imo.  Make it stop.

Grimoir   
14 hours ago, Tufa said:

This new trend of afk playing is a joke imo.  Make it stop.

Players wanted fishing, god forbid nc actually utilizes the feature for events xD

Arohk   
1 hour ago, Grimoir said:

Players wanted fishing, god forbid nc actually utilizes the feature for events xD

As an option okay, not as a mandatory thing.

yes keep deleting my Posts, you wont change my mind.

Grimoir   
4 hours ago, Arohk said:

As an option okay, not as a mandatory thing.

yes keep deleting my Posts, you wont change my mind.

But it isnt mandatory....there are other ways to get the event curency aswel. You will simply have less than if you do it.

And i  dont like the afk fishing being part of an event either but...lets face it if i had a feature being added in game i would use it too.

The initial honing oils are a system of the game, that does not mean it was a good system or that it should be applied all over either. The fact that it's being readjusted is a testament to why people should voice their opinions if they think a system is faulty.

AFK fishing is a very large part of the currency for this event. If it were a small portion it would be less of an issue. That being said, it seems like BHS considers events as a "normal" source of oils in this game and balances around that. If you make a very undesirable event...people are just going to be further discouraged by the lack of oil availability and probably be less likely to bother logging in, which defeats the purpose of having an event in the first place.

Nothing here is mandatory, but if you tighten the progression bottlenecks too tightly, you end up with a dead game. I mean, tight bottlenecks are probably a predominant reason why there is only one server now.

You don't GOT idea of fishing in this and previous events, it's NOT for autofishing, and it's wouldn't be ever its for new people who plays 1-2 chars and don't have or want to have more. Its for normal fishing only so its not 200-300, its normal 20-30 gold, and stop cry "I don't have time for regular fish, don't have go make currency where you have.

Arohk   
On 18.4.2020 at 6:44 PM, Grimoir said:

But it isnt mandatory....there are other ways to get the event curency aswel.

You're wrong, because the majority of event currency will come from fishing, and fishing only.