cant create new accounts.

shanjia

so i been playing for almost 8 months now and last day i managed to recruit 6 of my friends to try and play BnS, unfortunately non of them can create accounts even tho theyre signing all required fields properly and also using valid emails.I wonder if the game disabled new comer because of the event? i think this should be a good chance for new comers to play the game because of the free rewards and the fact that we can get group together in dungeons and raids and they dont need to get a hard time meeting random people because i can teach them with proper mechanics properly.so im really wondering if new accounts arent allowed atm., coz if not they be fine with it and will continue  playing other online games like TESO and BDO which i occasionally playing with them too.

3 of my friends already got an answer from your support team and they gave instruction and what might causing the error, unfortunately they still cant create account and i even try making one today and i can testify that even me cant make one too.  

Account Creation Failed.
                                                                           You are not authorized to create an account

thats what it said after filling and submitting the details upon creating account. its funny because theres no further explanation why it shows up like that when creating account.and also in addition were not using same ISP were all playing on our own house/place. anyway if the game is close for new comers then its fine.

• 4 months later...

The problem happens because of following reason:

The persons account who owns the house most likely has multiple authorized IP addresses saved on the account. If your friends use any of these IP addresses which is more than likely since you are all in the same house, you cannot create a new account because that IP address is already IN USE on another account aka the owner of the house. So by deleting all the authorized IP addresses from your account settings that are not in use should allow them to create an account, however that might cause issues for the owner of the house later on when his IP address changes again and potentially lock himself from being able to play bns on his account unless you use the correct IP address. That IP address change will most likely happen eventually. So they would have to create an account and play elsewhere, not in your home unless you and your friends want to constantly have to manage bns authorized account IP address settings to delete unused ones etc.

I assume this is the issue though, haven't confirmed it.

Edited by Amarathiel

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Amarathiel:

The problem happens because of following reason:

...snip....

I assume this is the issue though, haven't confirmed it.

Nope, I can't confirm this! At least not for BnS EU. I just made a new account here for a tryout (in Germany) and that IP is already authorized for 4 Accounts and one Client been even running on same router while I tried this  on another PC. I just needed a bit of my data and my valid Email address - then only thing I had to do is click the activation link in the Email I recaived from BnS within seconds.

PS only play TESO if you like to wear rags :b

Edited by Belido

OK for me there is 1st of all the question:

did those folks receive a Email from "NCSOFT Support" on account creation named "[NCSOFT] Verify your email address"? This must be incoming while creating the account, so maybe worth to check the spam filter - without the activation link in this mail nothing will work, I presume.