Can't update the launcher

Yolaaaaaaa

When I tried to update the game today, the launcher started showing this error. 

Failed to downalod the file.
Check your network environment (ISP authentication, NAC, firewall, antivirus and other settings) and try again.

DR_http://live.patcher.blandeandsoul.com/BnS/143/Patch/FileInfoMap_BnS_143.dat.zip (5385)

How can I fix it? 

Edited by Yolaaaaaaa
completing information
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hyunkel said:

Hi everyone,

It took me a couple tries to login here but it's working now (44% atm). Did you guys encounter the error before or after the download started ?

Please get in touch with Support with every details available. The more reports the better: https://support.bladeandsoul.com/

It happen before the download even start

13 hours ago, Hyunkel said:

Hi everyone,

It took me a couple tries to login here but it's working now (44% atm). Did you guys encounter the error before or after the download started ?

Please get in touch with Support with every details available. The more reports the better: https://support.bladeandsoul.com/

The problem happens after logging in and trying to start downloading updates. The laucher also presents a certain slowness after login to load the information on his screen. It is not possible to perform a reinstallation as the laucher download site is down. Could you please provide us with a download link via ftp or a link that works?

6 hours ago, Leurioth said:

Someone can post the file "FileInfoMap_BnS_143.dat.zip" can help us to update...

thx

I would but thats not an actual file.  its a zipped file, without knowing whats inside we cant just post it for you. If you have specific file names i can upload them for you but this one i cant.

There were 2GB worth of files that were updated yesterday, worst case if you cant get any further with support i can just zip them all and upload them, but no guarantee it will fix the issue (it would be like a manual patch)

Edited by Grimoir

• NCSOFT

We have identify connectivity issues coming from Virtua (and possibly other ISPs). Can you please contact our Customer Support team if you haven't already? They will assist with the troubleshooting of this issue. Thank you! 

Hello good afternoon! It's complicated!!! I've tried everything, I see that the problem is not just me. I can't update the game, at the moment the problem is this file "fileinfomap_bns_143.dat.zip" that cannot be downloaded (error 5385). Any solution?

• Like 1

I uninstalled the game and I'm trying to install it again, but there is no progress on the installation bar, it's been like this for 2 hours
and on this window nothing happens

i already try install difeferent folders or hard disks,but not work too

On 2020. 03. 26. at 6:31 PM, Hime said:

We have identify connectivity issues coming from Virtua (and possibly other ISPs). Can you please contact our Customer Support team if you haven't already? They will assist with the troubleshooting of this issue. Thank you! 

I have contacted the support team over 3 days ago and sent back every report they've asked me to. I am sometimes able to login in the early morning (CET) but the game is constantly crashing with the error message "Failed to read content data from the update server." After 2 pm CET I can no longer connect to the game even for 5 minutes. The game has become nearly unplayable for a lot of people and we are all losing bonuses and getting frustrated because of this issue, please fix it asap...

10 hours ago, NinaBreeze said:

I have contacted the support team over 3 days ago and sent back every report they've asked me to. I am sometimes able to login in the early morning (CET) but the game is constantly crashing with the error message "Failed to read content data from the update server." After 2 pm CET I can no longer connect to the game even for 5 minutes. The game has become nearly unplayable for a lot of people and we are all losing bonuses and getting frustrated because of this issue, please fix it asap...

If the issue is related to those ISP's then there isnt much NC can do since the issue is out of their control. I think your safe bet is to try a ping booster and see if that helps. Exitlag / pingzapper have free trial periods so you could try it and see if that helps for a while.