Blade & Soul: Forgotten Souls Events Preview

Cyan

• NCSOFT
7 minutes ago, Zaibatsu said:

Could you split the rewards for the Armory Chest so we can see what you get at each stage instead of everything together?

It's difficult to split up 12 different reward tables. Once the update is out you'll see a list of every chest at the bottom of the Dragon Express so you can see what's in each chest. Note: They are displayed with an unobtainable item just for showcase purposes.

Questions:

1. The whole community complained for weeks that Hunter Refuge was total garbage, and yet with this event you're doing Hunter Refuge v2. Why? What is the player limit in the zone?

2. Why is Den of the Ancients Remnant a requirement for Armory Chest Stage 9 and why is it not added in the Dragon Express, like TT and ET remnants? Den of the Ancients is way too difficult for low-geared alts, and you ask for 2 tokens. This is completely dumb. Everybody will be stuck at Stage 8 and that's it. Change it to Hong dungeon instead. Or add Den of the Ancients Remnant in the Dragon Express so it is buyable with Call to Arms tokens. 

• NCSOFT
1 hour ago, Rysa said:

Questions:

1. The whole community complained for weeks that Hunter Refuge was total garbage, and yet with this event you're doing Hunter Refuge v2. Why? What is the player limit in the zone?

2. Why is Den of the Ancients Remnant a requirement for Armory Chest Stage 9 and why is it not added in the Dragon Express, like TT and ET remnants? Den of the Ancients is way too difficult for low-geared alts, and you ask for 2 tokens. This is completely dumb. Everybody will be stuck at Stage 8 and that's it. Change it to Hong dungeon instead. Or add Den of the Ancients Remnant in the Dragon Express so it is buyable with Call to Arms tokens. 

1. This event differs from HR in the following ways
    1. New map, limited player capacity, but multiple channels will open

2. Mobs only drop Ebon Bloom

3. Available 24h per day

4. No entry item required, just enter the zone

2. We'll have the evaluate with the dev team once the event is out but with the materials and items being given out, most players should see an increase in overall gear level.

PVP crap again?  Seriously?  After that huge hunter's refuge junk..... you do it again?

Nope, not this time.  I tried over and over to participate in hunter's refuge and didn't get a single thing from it.  dozens of hours wasted.

Not even bothering this time.    I have been playing bns since the first closed beta.  I have played almost EVERY DAY since.  But now I have had it.  I am so sick of this.  Why do you keep doing RNG events and events that only some of the players can take part in?  People ranted against pvp in events unless it is something like 6v6 or arena.  Yet you do it again?  Why?!?

I love bns.  I hate to give it up.  I will log in and maybe run dailies- but events like this- forget it.  Animal crossing is now out and phantasy star online is  now out too. At least those games aren't going against their player bases. 

edit to add:

Den of the Ancients Remnant a requirement for Armory Chest Stage 9?!?    Really?  New players and alts won't be able to do this.  Sure those whales and guilds who took over hunter's refuge and got a crap ton of everything might.  But a lot of others......

wow....   just wow.  

Edited by SnugglesFairie
typo

Hey @Cyan Please note something in the new event chest stages: In the list of final total loot, it states "Imperial Necklace, Belt, Gloves". However, in the first stage box you get full of stuff, you start with an Imperial Necklace. (Btw, amazing, thank you SO much. Removing Mao farm from getting it, during this event, and instantly too cause of cost reduction, THANK YOU) 

But like, does that mean we get it twice? or is that considered part of the initial rewards, and future box just gives a belt and gloves upon unlocking?

Also, my tip for the new pvp/farm zone: Either just, REMOVE PVP (you said it's gonna have auto battle in it for farming purposes. Do you WANT people to be griefed while farming overnight? Would You feel good if that happened to you, wake up, see you only farmed for 30 min before character died instead of 8 hours) or at least do NOT allow any partying of any kind. If people are gonna grief, let them do it solo. not a lot of people will then, numbers-wise.

Or. Actually. Let people grief if they wanna be douche bags. But if you're gonna have auto battle, might as well have auto-resurrect and Continue battling right?

Also, last note for making this better: Make the box give True HM Heart. You give True HM Talisman, and Awakened Cosmic soul, great stuff! But Awakened HM Heart is LOW on value compared to everything else. Heck, i dont think people would mind if you told us "sorry, typo, its True HM Heart and Awakened HM Talisman" cause talisman much less important to reach that level compared to the power boost of a legendary HM heart.

If the devs can nail the new zone, just a free farm area for event loot, this will be 100x better than last event. Put it behind you, keep doing good :)

Edited by Parzival1423

Unbeleiable, ahahaha i mean srsly. Did'nt you ppl learn anything from *your* epic mega failure caller HR previously? Clans camping spawn areas killing anyone who entered MONOPOLIZING the entire event. After so many complaints and rage from your playerbase about HR.......this is what you do? Yet ANOTHER EVENT GATED BEHIND FORCED PVP!!If you think that multi channel is your so called precious solution to it....think again. Same exact thing will happen with HR, meaning the same clans/ppl that camped MONOPOLIZED hr will simply copy/paste here. Soo lets raise our glasses to yet another glorious FORCED PVP GATED EVENT  by our beloved NC.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KlausFlouride said:

Why did you add auto-hunting to a PvP zone? If you want us to beta test it then add it to a non-PvP zone.

Whales had difficulty to kill non AFK players. Now it will be easier to kill a bot.

• Like 1

I'm mind blown at this atrocity.  While I appreciate the effort put into the free stuff for alts and newbies, the events themselves are not friendly at all.  From raids to solo dungeons to unrestricted pvp content, just shows how disconnected these people are with their player base.  

2 minutes ago, insertcoins said:

I'm mind blown at this atrocity.  While I appreciate the effort put into the free stuff for alts and newbies, the events themselves are not friendly at all.  From raids to solo dungeons to unrestricted pvp content, just shows how disconnected these people are with their player base.  

This right here.

I see several problems with the design of Blade and Soul: Forgotten Souls

Let's consider this Call to Arms thing:

So you get this Armory Chest, and you unlock it further and further, but to do that you need keys of progressing stages: The stage 1 key, stage 2 key, stage 3 key, and so on.

As you progress getting higher stage keys, what you have to do to get those keys gets harder, and harder.

What the patch notes say this event is for:

"It’s a call to arms! We’re arming new, returning, and current players with high-tier upgradable equipment to be used on your main or alternate characters."

Look at the design of what it takes to get these keys.

First of all, in order to get just the stage 3 key, you need Ebon Realm Remnants. It states that to get Ebon Realm Remnants, you need to do Ebon Realm. The problem with this is that Ebon Realm is a non-equalized pvp zone right? What if you are a player that doesn't want to do PVP? The game is twisting your arm into doing it anyway.

Consider that IF you are a player where the gear in the Armory Chest would actually be an upgrade for you, you are going to be in PVP against people who you have a nearly 0% chance of beating. At the same time, if you don't need the gear in the Armory Chest, it doesn't encourage you to do Ebon Realm, and thus, there is no carrot on a stick. How is that good event design no matter who you are?

One of the really great designs and selling points of B&S is that traditionally, B&S does NOT twist your arm into playing the game in a way you don't want to. There are multiple paths:

Path 1: Solo dungeons.

Path 2: 6 person pug groups. You gear up in the PVE path without ever stepping into a raid.

Path 3: Raiding. If you want, you CAN raid. They have them. The 12 man stuff that has to be scheduled and requires tons of coordination and stuff. The gear is different, but isn't really any "better" though, or if it is, it isn't by much.

Path 4: 1v1 Equalized PVP. Gear doesn't count. Your stats are set. Your build is your own though. You get to put your points where you want, but you only get as many as they give you. No one has an advantage over anyone else in terms of character power. Pure skill. You can gear yourself up this way too. Also since there is no team you can't blame the team if you lose. It is all you.

Path 5: 3v3 Equalized PVP. Same as 1v1, but you are on a team. 3v3.

Path 6: Battlegrounds. Just like in WoW. (Non-equalized... if you want that, and there are some people who do... so there it is for those people.)

Path 7. Open World PVP. This is an option too. There is an actual "prestige point" structure built around it, and you can get rewarded for it, but... yes you can just get run over by a mob of 18 people, and you will have no chance.

All of these paths are mutually exclusive. You can just do 1 you like, and ignore the others. The game will not force you to do any type of gameplay you don't want to do.

If you do them right, you get rewarded reasonably similarly for equal effort in any category though, and all are viable things to do to gear up. (I feel like Solo dungeons such as Circle of Sundering, Den or the Ancients, and Outlaw Island, Mushin's Tower, Tower Of Infinity don't reward as well for the same amount of time/effort invested though if trying to gather resources for gearing up to higher end gear, and the reward output for grinding them should probably be increased, but that is neither here nor there regarding the primary point of this post.)

By creating a gear up event, and then telling people to go into Ebon Realm, NCsoft is gating progression behind playing the game in a way that some people might not want to. I don't know if NCsoft realizes this, but this is bad design.

Next:

To get the Stage 8 key: Go run Temple of Eluvium to get the Remnant to buy the key.

To get the Stage 9 key: Go run Den of the Ancients, and Cathedra Cliffs, or Hangar 0, or Stonescale Passage.

To get the Stage 11 key: Go run Nightfall Sanctuary, and kill the grand Celestial Emperor.

Ok now lets think about this. Go look at the gear rewards being handed out for unlocking the Armory Chest. If you have gear good enough to run the things to get the Remnants to buy the keys to unlock the Armory Chest... then you probably don't need what is in the chest because your gear is already better than what is in the chest, which means there is no point in doing it. At the same time, if you actually need what is in the chest (that is to say what is in the chest would actually be an upgrade for you)... then the gear you have RIGHT NOW isn't good enough to do the things necessary to get the remnants to buy the keys to open the chest, which means you can't open it to get the gear in the Armory Chest. As a result, the people who can do it, don't need to, and the people who need to can't do it. The design of the event creates a "catch 22," making the whole thing pointless and invalid. This is also bad design.

Let's look at what NCsoft said this event was supposed to be about again: "It’s a call to arms! We’re arming new, returning, and current players with high-tier upgradable equipment to be used on your main or alternate characters." Yeah... it doesn't accomplish that.

I am leveling up an alt of mine with a friend of mine who is new to the game right now. I can tell you right now we aren't going to be level 35 today, but running Nightfall Sanctuary, Den of the Ancients, and Cathedra Cliffs before this event is over. It just isn't going to happen. Progression isn't that fast in this game. If the point is to get the player base up to a certain minimum gear level so that new players have a certain minimum "starting point," for endgame content so that they can be caught up "enough" to the rest of the player base that they can participate, then NCsoft shouldn't be putting these gates in the way in order to earn the gear. The "expectations bar" needs to be lowered.

Edited by NorbertTheOpinionated

I love how they say " GIVE FEEDBACK." 

We say no more RPG events  like the one with the soul.  We said no pvp during events like the the heart and spinning the wheel.We said no forced pvp  in pve areas / events. 

Yet all these things keep happening.

We asked for you guys to stop "tweaking" with upgrade costs or transmute item costs.  Yet you guys keep doing it.  And instead of making them lower, we end up with things that are harder, more annoying to get, or cost more. 

We said the pearls cost were too high with the fishing for this event.  You guys said the korean devs heard the feedback but refused to do anything about it.

So I ask.....  what is the point in giving feedback?

You guys keep ignoring your fan base. Seriously!  I mentioned before that I have been playing since the first closed beta.  In the last year, this game has gone downhill so fast.  So many unnecessary and unwanted changes.  So many crap events that we keep saying we don't want or don't like.

So again, why do you guys say.... give feedback.  You either don't listen or can't do anything about it, because the korean devs don't care. 

It is getting annoying.  When my yearly premium runs out... I won't be renewing for the first time since beta. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SnugglesFairie said:

I love how they say " GIVE FEEDBACK." 

We say no more RPG events  like the one with the soul.  We said no pvp during events like the the heart and spinning the wheel.We said no forced pvp  in pve areas / events. 

Yet all these things keep happening.

We asked for you guys to stop "tweaking" with upgrade costs or transmute item costs.  Yet you guys keep doing it.  And instead of making them lower, we end up with things that are harder, more annoying to get, or cost more. 

We said the pearls cost were too high with the fishing for this event.  You guys said the korean devs heard the feedback but refused to do anything about it.

So I ask.....  what is the point in giving feedback?

You guys keep ignoring your fan base. Seriously!  I mentioned before that I have been playing since the first closed beta.  In the last year, this game has gone downhill so fast.  So many unnecessary and unwanted changes.  So many crap events that we keep saying we don't want or don't like.

So again, why do you guys say.... give feedback.  You either don't listen or can't do anything about it, because the korean devs don't care. 

It is getting annoying.  When my yearly premium runs out... I won't be renewing for the first time since beta. 

The feedback was whales were upset about having to farm non-AFK so they wanted an AFK event to make it easier for them to farm these players. NCSoft listened and now we have this mess.

• Like 1

To me this reads like an honest attempt to make a reboot HuntersRefuge that is better than the last. I will not judge it before I tried it out.

The upgrade event sounds fine too - It is a ridiculous amount of gear and it should not be available like a treasure pot where all you have to do is log in - take the gear from the first stages and try hard to overcome threshold points to unlock even more gear boosts. Sounds fun to me.

I will probably be stuck at TT/ET because I have no one to who knows how to raid them and Den might be challanging on my alt. But Den is a matter of skill and patience and not gear so it's fine to have it for a high stage of the gear cornucopia :D

11 hours ago, NorbertTheOpinionated said:

esigns and selling points of B&S is that traditionally, B&S does NOT twist your arm into playing the game in a way you don't want to. There are multiple paths:

Path 1: Solo dungeons.

Path 2: 6 person pug groups. You gear up in the PVE path without ever stepping into a raid.

Path 3: Raiding. If you want, you CAN raid. They have them. The 12 man stuff that has to be scheduled and requires tons of coordination and stuff. The gear is different, but isn't really any "better" though, or if it is, it isn't by much.

Path 4: 1v1 Equalized PVP. Gear doesn't count. Your stats are set. Your build is your own though. You get to put your points where you want, but you only get as many as they give you. No one has an advantage over anyone else in terms of character power. Pure skill. You can gear yourself up this way too. Also since there is no team you can't blame the team if you lose. It is all you.

Path 5: 3v3 Equalized PVP. Same as 1v1, but you are on a team. 3v3.

Path 6: Battlegrounds. Just like in WoW. (Non-equalized... if you want that, and there are some people who do... so there it is for those people.)

Path 7. Open World PVP. This is an option too. There is an actual "prestige point" structure built around it, and you can get rewarded for it, but... yes you can just get run over by a mob of 18 people, and you will have no chance.

All of these paths are mutually exclusive. You can just do 1 you like, and ignore the others. The game will not force you to do any type of gameplay you don't want to do.

If you do them right, you get rewarded reasonably similarly for equal effort in any category though, and all are viable things to do to gear up. (I feel like Solo dungeons such as Circle of Sundering, Den or the Ancients, and Outlaw Island, Mushin's Tower, Tower Of Infinity don't reward as well for the same amount of time/effort invested though if trying to gather resources for gearing up to higher end gear, and the reward output for grinding them should probably be increased, but that is neither here nor there regarding the primary point of this post.)

By creating a gear up event, and then telling people to go into Ebon Realm, NCsoft is gating progression behind playing the game in a way that some people might not want to. I don't know if NCsoft realizes this, but this is bad design.

This is the biggest nonsense i've read today, you say you can play the game any way you want then complain that you are forced to do a event the way you don't like.. wtf you are not forced to do the event, if you don't like it just don't do it and progress the normal way. It's also not true that you can progress in the game any way you want to begin with, most things have only one way of getting them.

They didn't state this Ebon Bloom gonna be a PvP zone.?

If so , im gonna pass, because it very much one of the event for whales clan to control again.

I hope the lower gear can farm in there for over 30 mins before their butt laying on the ground.

42 minutes ago, Immunity said:

tal vez solo quieren vender esos artículos de sellado. 

haz el evento con tu principal y luego envía los artículos a tus personajes que realmente los necesiten.

I agree you can get all that with your main and then send it to your alt you will spend 2k of gold but the team is worth it and 2k of gold you get in a week farming with a medium equipped main

On 3/20/2020 at 10:59 AM, Cyan said:

Learn more about the new events in Forgotten Souls here: https://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/forgotten-souls-events-preview/

It says that a Legendary Soul Badge is acquired through 1 of the 12 stages, will you be able to a get one of the new fusions from this current TOI season? @Cyan

Edited by Nodo