Do not decrease rewards for active playing by implementing afk stuff

CooleSau

With the current event you calculated like: do daily challenge and weeklies + do all fishing = average event rewards.

You reduced the rewards for active players by the amount you can get for all the afk fishing. A lot of players got demotivated to do event / daily challenges including myself.

Btw is fishing much worse for the game than crafting (in theory). While crafting you can participate in all active content (dungeons, open world, pvp) but fishing locks the whole account!

To state something positive: rewards of 4th year anniversary event were awesome. So, I believe you rather did a mistake at calculating the rewards of the current event than doing it on purpose.

Focus on your strength which is an action based mmo.

Guess NCSOFT just saw it differently because to be using the fishing efficiently you have to use the premium bait that can only be bougth with NCoin. I'd really like to know if it was worth it for them and they sold more of it.

14 hours ago, CooleSau said:

To state something positive: rewards of 4th year anniversary event were awesome. So, I believe you rather did a mistake at calculating the rewards of the current event than doing it on purpose.

It is not wrong calculation.

They replied to a question from player in Twitter or something, saying that they (NCWest) gave feedback to developer in Korea that this event sucks and need to have the angler's pearls requirement for Dark Hearts to be reduced, but the Korean developer thinks it is not necessary to do it, in other words they refused to do it.

• 1 month later...
Am 19.3.2020 um 03:21 schrieb prietess:

It is not wrong calculation.

They replied to a question from player in Twitter or something, saying that they (NCWest) gave feedback to developer in Korea that this event sucks and need to have the angler's pearls requirement for Dark Hearts to be reduced, but the Korean developer thinks it is not necessary to do it, in other words they refused to do it.

You got a point there. Also they calcaluted the rewards in the same manner again.

I want to clarify one point: I do not want NC to make afk fishing more efficient. That way afk fishing would become more mandatory/important to do.

Best: no afk stuff
Close behind: afk stuff that you can skip without a big loss
Very far behind: afk stuff that you almost need to do. You cannot play the game in the time/waste of power

On 3/18/2020 at 7:55 PM, CooleSau said:

Let me tell you, there is no such thing as wrongly calculated.

Don't know what the developer is thinking.

So no such thing as mistake, THIS IS WORKING AS INTENDED.

Purpose? Go and ask the community manager and see what is his reply.

Edited by blooash23

1 hour ago, CooleSau said:

Best: no afk stuff
Close behind: afk stuff that you can skip without a big loss
Very far behind: afk stuff that you almost need to do. You cannot play the game in the time/waste of power

NC will react: Don't want afk stuff?

Fine, we give you remnant similar event whereby you can only exchange maximum of 5 vials per account for the whole event.

The point is, NO MORE 1 VIAL PER CHARACTER (MAX 5 per week) for you

You need vials to upgrade your Soul/Heart to maximum (need 160 oils each from previous tier), You are all welcome to buy them From F10, we have them almost every week! Or else, look forward to our new May Hongmoon Stores updates for pouches or treasure boxes for you to grab (WITH YOUR REAL DOLLARS OF COURSE)!