Serious Question ... Need a CLEAR answer... not months later.. NOW!

CrazyDude90

On 10/3/2020 at 9:59 AM, Grimoir said:

To be honest, all these will very likely get tackled / "fixed" with the UE4 build of the game we will get. I mean it does kinda make sense, if its not something completely game breaking, why waste time and money on a patch if it can be fixed with the updated engine. Tho the issue then here is how long would we have to wait for it.

UE4 isn't the holy grail of the videogame, its just a visual update. bugs with classes or networking are a separate area of the game and has nothing to do with the game engine.

12 hours ago, Tyanie said:

Would you please specify why it makes sense to you that those problems will "very likely" get tackled or even fixed from their resource allocation and cost perspective? Have you checked the last sales breakdown? From what I can see is by it is that Ncsoft will be heading more towards mobile game market and the support for Blade&Soul PC just like even now will be worsened alot more in future. You have no source or any good indication to claim a fix based on their cost perspective.

Its an assumption. If i look at other game publishers, i know for a fact that most of them asside for paying to publish a game, they pay per patch / fix. If NC follows the same track that means they would have to pay seperately for every patch / fix coming from the devs. Hence why costs and resources are better allocated on a long term solution if its not something completely game breaking.

7 hours ago, MassiveEgo said:

If the game's population keeps going down, main reasons being lack of optimization and p2w, in which reality is it a viable move to shove more p2w and pospone performance patches for when the game will have like 100-200 players at prime time? These are live servers where we have absolutely unacceptable lag and fps issues, not some early access kickstarter. If you want people to give you money in your game, you solve their problems yesterday, you do not pospone the fixes for decades and expect them to fund you on the base of good will, especially if you are like NC and your reputation is so deep down the renegade levels, Satan has to design a whole new circle in hell just for you. Joke aside, I think you get the point.

I agree, but reality is different. What i still do not understand is so many people complain and say they quit yet here they still are. I mean if you are this unhappy with the state of the game and the publisher i do not see what would still keep you here.

42 minutes ago, pingal1ty said:

UE4 isn't the holy grail of the videogame, its just a visual update. bugs with classes or networking are a separate area of the game and has nothing to do with the game engine.

Yes, however the newer engine itself comes with a series of optimizations and fixes compared to UE3 (and i am talking about the engine itself and not the game), so its not purely a visual upgrade. The rest, yes is up to the devs to polish it up.

4 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

I agree, but reality is different. What i still do not understand is so many people complain and say they quit yet here they still are. I mean if you are this unhappy with the state of the game and the publisher i do not see what would still keep you here.

This nonstop complaining is not onlyabout ourselves. The idea is to make the game good enough so people who don't complain and just directly leave, would stick around. We need a community that's growing, not one that tries to shrink to the point where we are only left with those few that have such low standards, they're fine with even the worst financial schemes to be seen in a f2p game (we can't have a nice vanity based monetization that lacks p2w without a big playerbase to support it and we can't have that when the game runs like an mp3 on a i386 for 9/10 people who install it). This is where reality is truly different - the way NC thinks they can incite us to finance them, is not compatible with the target audience of this particular monetization scheme, for the simple fact that the target audience that would be okay with this kind of nonsense monetization is just too small. The numbers show that much. So the natural thing is for us to point out their problem. We are the inside agents afterall. There's noone who knows better why people quit, than these who see those people drop subtle hints for doing so before they never come back. So when these are the problems that drag the game down to the point if one server that can barely hold 10-15 end game raids (considering how easy the raid is, this is a laughable number. Pitiful even), the most obvious step is to fix the problem INSTANTLY, in order to prevent further damage. Not in a month, not in six months, not in a year. Now. Why now? Because the jig is up and we know that the prophecy of UE4 was just lies. We have two third specs that drag the performance on the game into the ground in every single fight and nothing being done about it. If we aren't getting the UE4 basically yesterday, coupled with the fact that we have a bunch of other third specs right around the corner, ready to decimate our performance even further, we will have a real grind to a halt, real soon. I mean, look at NeroKoso's streams for example. He's playing on a BEAST machine and the game runs like crap in raids. Utter garbage fps. When 3rd spec FM comes around and the fotm ranged players go to play it, we'll see even bigger fps drops all across the board.

So there you have it. Should be glad that those people who complain and say they quit are still here. When they leave, give the game a couple of months and there will be noone left. I guess they can shrink the raids down to 6 people and dungeons down to 3. Don't know if going that low bar is wise, but hey, anything to keep stubbornly CPRing the dead horse instead of frankensteining it back to life, amirite?

5 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Well it's down from what 10 servers to 1, looks like a lot of people have done just that. To a lot of people this represents a vast money and time investment, people like you are always barking about quitting, despite knowing what a heavy investment some have put in and they want the game to IMPROVE not get worse, not get MORE P2W than it already is. 

Not to mention the ONE server that's left now is as dead as ever and getting more so every day. Even most of the content creators for the game are either outright leaving or are doing content for other games. 

On 3/11/2020 at 5:08 AM, Grimoir said:

Its an assumption. If i look at other game publishers, i know for a fact that most of them asside for paying to publish a game, they pay per patch / fix. If NC follows the same track that means they would have to pay seperately for every patch / fix coming from the devs. Hence why costs and resources are better allocated on a long term solution if its not something completely game breaking.

Yes, however the newer engine itself comes with a series of optimizations and fixes compared to UE3 (and i am talking about the engine itself and not the game), so its not purely a visual upgrade. The rest, yes is up to the devs to polish it up.

What you don't seem to understand, and never have from what I gather, is these issues are not being addressed. I am seeing the same nonsense from these clowns as 18-24 months ago, they are just not learning/listening. This guy sums up what has been going on for the better part of two years: [removed due to language violation]

Edited by PhoenixMitra
Removed link.
  • Like 1