Serious Question ... Need a CLEAR answer... not months later.. NOW!

CrazyDude90

When i read your posts you confused me A LOT !!! It would be nice if someone from NCWe$t OR BETTER Nico can say something here....

With the forum post from november 2019 NICO said:

"The Unreal Engine 4 update you saw in the trailer is called “Blade & Soul: Complete” in Korea. As part of that update, Korea will introduce “Frontier World” – a separate server intended to show off the capabilities of Unreal Engine 4 with a focus on open-world Player vs Player and Realm vs Realm combat beginning in December. This server is currently intended only for Korea and there are no plans to bring it to the west."

ok... cool... KOREA get a complete new SEPARATE server with frontier world which is more like a mobile game port (from what we know NOW) compared to our actual game we have here in the west. Nice to know that know instead of telling us that in the beginning....

So let us keep reading what else he wrote.

He also said:

".... means we’re closer to getting the Unreal Engine 4 FOR LIVE SERVERS. It’ll take some time to work through the kinks, but we’re expecting Unreal Engine 4 visual updates TO ROLL OUT TO LIVE SERVERS in the west in 2020.

What did he meant here?

Did he meant that we will get the Frontier Server with his engine here in the west .... OR .....that we are getting our ACTUAL (western!) client converted from UE3 to UE4?

Thats totally unclear in my opinion. This could mean BOTH and NOTHING in the same time...

In 2019 (if i remember correctly!) he also said in the livestream that he saw actual UE4 gameplay in KR and that "we will get UE4 in future also in the wester region".

So i looked further to the finally released producer letter from february 2020.... there he said:

"the topic that’s been on everyone’s mind since it was announced—the Unreal Engine 4 update. Korea has announced they are launching their Frontier World at the end of February, and we can’t wait to see how players react to this new take on the Blade & Soul world. Frontier World is a new service that takes us back to the roots of the game. After the Korean launch of Frontier World, we’ll be able to better assess the timing for the Unreal Engine 4 service launch in the west, but rest assured, we are still aiming to launch Unreal Engine 4 content this year!"

Here he talked AGAIN only about the "Frontier World" thing. But really.... who cares about the Frontier mobile game thing here? RIGHT... no one does... No one want to know that... so.. no info about our current client.. again....

Then you guys from NCWe$t made a horrible and very disappointing "Q&A" with the developer (with questions NO ONE asked and where also not a single important question get answered btw!!!) where every still existing player (be happy that there are still players) also found out that the guy in charge of the West can't even speak English....

I mean... REALLY? No wonder that there are so many "miscommunications" between you and NC$oft.... and no wonder the game is horrible managed... but... for now... the game management is another topic...

So i also watched this bad "Q&A" and found this question:
hMzF23g.jpg

"Different from our current version"??... hm.. ok... lets see what he answered (or should I better say what he "read"? because... idk..):

6iQlPGH.jpg

and....

Ser20LC.jpg

AGAIN he only talked about this frontier thing. And AGAIN... NO SINLGE WORD about the possibility OR the availability of an UE4 client of our current western version with his current content etc.

ONE of the biggest players wishes was a better performing client of our CURRENT (not this mobile) client here in the west and you guys only talk about this mobile "thing".

I mean... seriously...

STOP CONFUSING US WITH THIS "INFOS" ABOUT THE MOBILE GAME **** AND TELL US IF KOREA IS ACTUALLY WORKING ON OUR CLIENT TO GET CONVERTED INTO THE NEW ENGINE OR NOT.... 

NO ONE CARES ABOUT FRONTIER WORLD... NO ONE WANTS IT... WE WANT TO KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT OUR CLIENT AND IN Q&A'S WE WANT TO SEE OUR QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS ABOUT OUR REGION....

So i ask you guys directly about the whole UE4 "hype" you guys generated and the things you said...

Is "frontier world" the thing you meant with "we get UE4 in the west" and if so.. is this the only thing we can expect for our region

OR

is KR working on converting THE WESTERN VERSION (OUR VERSION) into the Unreal Engine 4 and when can we finally see if this thing really exist???

(SAME GAME BUT BETTER ENGINE.. not this mobile crap!).

Start talking with us... stop ignoring us... and seriously stop confusing us...

(English is not my native language, so excuse the mistakes that are still included. Thank you.^^)

• Like 1

vor 1 Stunde schrieb CrazyDude90:

STOP CONFUSING US WITH THIS "INFOS" ABOUT THE MOBILE GAME **** AND TELL US IF KOREA IS ACTUALLY WORKING ON OUR CLIENT TO GET CONVERTED INTO THE NEW ENGINE OR NOT.... 

It very unlikely they are finishing UE4 before EU/NA discontinues their server. They announced UE4 in 2017 and it took them 3 years to get lvl 45 content done which still is buggy. They will probably need atleast another 3 years for the rest of the content which is not declining just caue UE4 is in developement so i expect UE4 in 2024 to be finished for KR and EU/NA would get it in 2025. I dont believe This game is gonna survive that long maybe till 2022 if they are very lucky.

Zitat

NO ONE CARES ABOUT FRONTIER WORLD... NO ONE WANTS IT... WE WANT TO KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT OUR CLIENT AND IN Q&A'S WE WANT TO SEE OUR QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS ABOUT OUR REGION....

This would mean they have to give out informations which mostly would result in people quitting Blade and soul even more since its pay to win stuff or ingnoring of our needs.

For example if they took our questions it would be like this: What about the current performance issue ? Answer: We are currently not working on fixing any of thoose performance issue due to the upcomming release of UE4.

Zitat

Is "frontier world" the thing you meant with "we get UE4 in the west" and if so.. is this the only thing we can expect for our region

OR

is KR working on converting THE WESTERN VERSION (OUR VERSION) into the Unreal Engine 4 and when can we finally see if this thing really exist???

Their official plan is to wait till UE4 covers all of our content and release it in a completed state they said this multiple times thats why no Frontier for us. Like i wrote i expect it to be finished around 2024.

Edited by ImoutoMaster

vor 36 Minuten schrieb ImoutoMaster:

Their official plan is to wait till UE4 covers all of our content and release it in a completed state they said this multiple times thats why no Frontier for us. 

And i am sure you can show me this "official" plan and/or where they said it. Or is it just a guess? :) Because everything they said (as far as i know!) is written above.

EDIT: I honestly find that hard to believe when you think about how NCSoft follows their statements. And more importantly, the results.

Except for this "Frontier World" server, we haven't seen anything that can make you believe it. I mean.. they made a "stupid" mobile game on PC...

In my current opinion, the whole UE4 client thing is a BIG lie and is only meant to stall us.

Edited by CrazyDude90

2 hours ago, CrazyDude90 said:

but we’re expecting Unreal Engine 4 visual updates TO ROLL OUT TO LIVE SERVERS in the west in 2020.

This line here says exactly that they ARE working on it. Also how do you think mobile version is made? There already is PC version of UE4 as mobile version has to be made with PC in the first place. Both PC and Mobile version uses the EXACT same copy of UE4. Only difference is the scalability configurations and some minor game changes so it could run on mobile. They have to change it all back to "normal" for PC before releasing it as PC can handle more than what a mobile can.

This game is done, just accept they are liars, cheats, and scammers. Better just to drop it like a hot potato before you waste anymore time (and got forbid more money) on it. Glad it finally got out though, now we can see all the BS for ourselves, if I would have know this about UE4 I would have quit a long time ago, so would have many others, that's why they're trying to string everyone along as long as they can. 

It's very likely with the recent mass exodus from the game that the western version will long be shut down before it ever sees anything UE4 related.  

Edited by Noface007

vor 16 Minuten schrieb Amarathiel:

This line here says exactly that they ARE working on it. Also how do you think mobile version is made? There already is PC version of UE4 as mobile version has to be made with PC in the first place. Both PC and Mobile version uses the EXACT same copy of UE4. Only difference is the scalability configurations and some minor game changes so it could run on mobile. They have to change it all back to "normal" for PC before releasing it as PC can handle more than what a mobile can.

This line could mean everything or nothing. They are working on it? On what? They hyped us with "new UE4 2020 bla" and what are they showing us now? 

Frontier World aka mobile Bns on PC... WOW. Sound like a BIG joke to me... a bad one... a really bad one. The game we have now is in a horrible state and all we get is a mobile client of B&S? News about THIS mobile version! Do you saw anything that was made until now for OUR version? Any preview? All i see is an NC created HYPE about an UE4 client and now we have an additional version of MOBILE B&S without any infos about what happens to our client. Look at what i posted... EVERYTHING is related to THIS mobile B&S. NOTHING about us...

This sounds like a big bait to me ... or a lie...

And now? How bad have this game needs to went that they finally say or (better) DO something? How long should we (the costumers!) wait until NC finally do or say something? Another years maybe? Longer? I dont think that the game be active that long anymore tbh.

And btw: This is a serious question... no troll post... even if i would have the time to waste i wouldn't waste it with trolling in this forum (where nc is nearly non existent) even though they (according to the stream) want you to talk and discuss with them. So... here is the chance to answer.....

vor einer Stunde schrieb ImoutoMaster:

This would mean they have to give out informations which mostly would result in people quitting Blade and soul even more since its pay to win stuff or ingnoring of our needs.

Possible... but it would also be a chance to proof the COM wrong. They could finally do something instead of doing nothing (what they did until now).

Oh and saying nothing is like: "we dont care." A lot of people already quit the game because this company dont talk to "us" and because they ignore "our" problems (like you said above).
So what do they lose? they lose player by saying nothing.. they lose players by doing nothing... its time that this change.

I mean... why are they destroying a good game like this? i dont get it ... so much potential destroyed by a company that ignore his COM just to get fast money... lesser than what they could get if the COM would be satisfied. (my opinion)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CrazyDude90 said:

And btw: This is a serious question... no troll post... even if i would have the time to waste i wouldn't waste it with trolling in this forum (where nc is nearly non existent) even though they (according to the stream) want you to talk and discuss with them. So... here is the chance to answer.....

I've seen them kinda answer ONE serious question and that was back during the Radiant Energy debacle to say "welp sorry we'll try not to do it again" lol. 

3 hours ago, CrazyDude90 said:

Frontier World aka mobile Bns on PC... WOW. Sound like a BIG joke to me... a bad one... a really bad one. The game we have now is in a horrible state and all we get is a mobile client of B&S? News about THIS mobile version! Do you saw anything that was made until now for OUR version? Any preview? All i see is an NC created HYPE about an UE4 client and now we have an additional version of MOBILE B&S without any infos about what happens to our client. Look at what i posted... EVERYTHING is related to THIS mobile B&S. NOTHING about us...

It's NOT a mobile client lol, that is not possible to do. I know exactly how UE4 works as I work with the engine closely myself. I'm creating my own game with that engine. You create a client for each version. You cannot create a mobile client and stick it to the PC version, does not work like that. Engine itself most likely would throw number of error messages during the packaging process.

As for optimization. UE4 itself is fine. It's up to the developers to properly do everything so that the assets don't cause insane performance issues, most importantly visual effects, post-processing and polygon counts on the screen at any given time. If they can't or won't do it properly, well guess nothing can be done then.

Also if they have a mobile version already that means they already have done making the UE4 version. They only need to create the PC client version of the UE4. If they just use a copied mobile version and doesn't make the appropriate changes, that's a whole another story which would be a dumb and lazy  thing if they did that.

Edited by Amarathiel

7 hours ago, CrazyDude90 said:

This line could mean everything or nothing. They are working on it? On what? They hyped us with "new UE4 2020 bla" and what are they showing us now?

NC is very good in showing visions and trailers and what might be. More than 10 years ago we had the "Aion Vision Trailer"... and players are still waiting to swim under water.

Last year they were trying to hire UE4 developers. This year UE4 for B&S is delayed but an UE4 update ist anncounced for Lineage2. If you consider that their dev ressources are limited, that Lineage2 makes more money than B&S and that Lineage1 makes even more money than B&S+Aion+GW2 all together I wouldn't expect a useful UE4 port for B&S in 2020.

Have a look at https://images.mein-mmo.de/medien/2020/02/NCSoft-Q4-2019-Games.jpg

They could shutdown all PC games since mobile games make their business.

Maybe you will get - let's call it - the current frontier UE4 demo. But it's more likely that the game is shut down or taken over by Gameforge or Gamigo within the next months. But even if NC manages to release some UE4 update at the end of the year. Who cares? Who will wait? Who will still be in the game? The game will still be the current ****** P2W gambling simulator for whales with poor content and a terrible neglected player base even if it looks better. I think NC is aware of that and thats why they try to make as much money as they can. So don't expect or hope for clear answers. You might not want to hear them...

vor 17 Stunden schrieb Cohen:

So don't expect or hope for clear answers. You might not want to hear them...

TBH: i would really like to hear them. :)

Better than this silence with which they punish their loyal players, while they let the game dying.

Doubt we will ever hear something from Nico directly about this. Guess he is too high up in the produc- erm heaven realm to talk with us. Or, in the best case, he is busy talking to this korean head with his french accent.

Am 8.3.2020 um 12:53 schrieb Shekinah:

Doubt we will ever hear something from Nico directly about this. Guess he is too high up in the produc- erm heaven realm to talk with us. Or, in the best case, he is busy talking to this korean head with his french accent.

It seems we won't hear anything else either (from no one), as this company seems to have no interest in talking to their customers anymore.

It is like: "Pay us money and be quiet." Thats how it sounds for me. 

And that's how they behave.

And they really wonder why the community is toxic....

Edited by CrazyDude90

• NCSOFT

Hello,

To answer your question bluntly yes, there is still development being done for UE4 for the current version of the game. It's not quite ready for KR or other regions. The reason why Frontier World was so heavily mentioned is because it was launching in for KR at that time, and there were a lot of questions regarding it from players in this region. We'll have more UE4 news to share once it's closer to being completed. 

vor einer Stunde schrieb Cyan:

To answer your question bluntly yes, there is still development being done for UE4 for the current version of the game.

First of all: thanks that one of you finally say something.

But there is still a "little" problem...

Do you remember the fiasco of what happend where Blizzard finally announced the new diablo and in the end is was just the mobile version? Everyone thought they show the next pc game.

Here it is nearly the same... people thought (thanks to you guys too!) that the announced update is our client converted to UE4... NO ONE.. yeah.. NO ONE of you said that this will NOT BE our version of B&S converted. You created false hopes. same like blizzard did.

QUOTE from the dev letter from NICO:
"Speaking of 4, the topic that’s been on everyone’s mind since it was announced—the Unreal Engine 4 update. Korea has announced they are launching their Frontier World at the end of February, and we can’t wait to see how players react to this new take on the Blade & Soul world. Frontier World is a new service that takes us back to the roots of the game. After the Korean launch of Frontier World, we’ll be able to better assess the timing for the Unreal Engine 4 service launch in the west, but rest assured, we are still aiming to launch Unreal Engine 4 content this year!"

Please correct me if i am wrong but:

You did exactly what Blizzard did. You gave the community false hopes.. shared informations that said nothing concrete and then something got released that wasn't what the players believed. (Thanks to what you said) And you knew that. According to your words you "listen to us" and you "read our feedback"... So that was intended? wow....

It is hard to believe (to be honest) when i see the state of the game and how often things that you said went real.

there were a lot of questions regarding it from players in this region. We'll have more UE4 news to share once it's closer to being completed. 

Sure. Because the players were interested in the UE4 version of OUR client.

They only showed interest in this "frontier thing" because you guys made confusing infos that made them believe that this could be our client converted to UE4.

Its not like you guys dont knew that already and that this would NOT be our client. You said you read the things people wrote here (or on reddit).

So why did you answered that late? Months later? You guys made hopes that get destroyed when people saw the frontier update in KR.

There is not only a BIG miscommunication between korea and the west (no wonder when you guys hire a man for the west that dont even talk english haha)...

there is also a BIG communication issue with the community here in the west from your side.

there were a lot of questions regarding it from players in this region.

And what about all the other community questions? Questions that have been asked since weeks... months.. or longer where no one of you guys answered?

REAL and IMPORTANT questions?

The Q&A was HORRIBLE... Not ONE SINLGE important question from the community... from US!

I stay on what i said: You stopped carring about the community. You only care about money... thats it. What you can clearly see on the shop items and other things ingame too.

Lets show you this on some examples and problems the game have itself: 

Network issues, bugs, class issues/bugs, other issues with the game.

Or what about the problem with wintrading for better rankings, still existent and used exploits, skill manipulations (some of them are still used by the COM and also reported to YOU directly!), scripts and bots (also reported to YOU directly!), and so on? The list is so BIG. 

You simply ignore everthing from it.. you also dont punish people for using cheats ingame... also the communication about this problems is nearly or better said non existent with us... what do you expect from the community of this game?

And now? Whats the message from being silent to us?

"Everyone can do whatever he wants because no one cares?" Is that the way B&S goes in the west? Thats definitely no enjoyable game to be honest.

14 hours ago, CrazyDude90 said:

Network issues, bugs, class issues/bugs, other issues with the game.

To be honest, all these will very likely get tackled / "fixed" with the UE4 build of the game we will get. I mean it does kinda make sense, if its not something completely game breaking, why waste time and money on a patch if it can be fixed with the updated engine. Tho the issue then here is how long would we have to wait for it.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Grimoir:

To be honest, all these will very likely get tackled / "fixed" with the UE4 build of the game we will get. I mean it does kinda make sense, if its not something completely game breaking, why waste time and money on a patch if it can be fixed with the updated engine. Tho the issue then here is how long would we have to wait for it.

I bet you haven't even checked a video of Frontier Server gameplay. What makes you even claim that it will "LIKELY" fix those aforementioned issues? For PC most likely no according to the playerbase expectation but maybe it will be optimized well for mobiles and why have you been defending the perspectives of Ncosft since 2016???

41 minutes ago, Tyanie said:

I bet you haven't even checked a video of Frontier Server gameplay. What makes you even claim that it will "LIKELY" fix those aforementioned issues? For PC most likely no according to the playerbase expectation but maybe it will be optimized well for mobiles and why have you been defending the perspectives of Ncosft since 2016???

This warrior has the world's perfect PC, absolutely top notch, they can game with 120 FPS at all times even in raids.  This warrior have absolutely no issues with the game, it is perfect.  This warrior defies all rng odds and is the outlier of all statistics in this game.

1 hour ago, Tyanie said:

Actually i played it myself because i do not trust what i see from others. I said likely because thats what would make sense from a resource allocation and cost perspective.

You forget frontier is just a test server, just because you see something there does not mean it will be there when our client gets the upgrade. Playerbase expectations are 90% unrealistic in most cases so i wouldnt go on those either.

1 hour ago, insertcoins said:

This warrior has the world's perfect PC, absolutely top notch, they can game with 120 FPS at all times even in raids.  This warrior have absolutely no issues with the game, it is perfect.  This warrior defies all rng odds and is the outlier of all statistics in this game.

Not everyone has performance issues with the current game, in fact we had a discussion in faction chat on it and several people did not have issues. Just because most people have problems doesn't mean everyone has to.

Don't know why it is necessary to have 120 fps all the time, all I care about is stable fps that is 60 or above. That's all that is needed to have good enjoyable gameplay, as long as it is stable and doesn't go up and down alot.

Also biggest issue with raids or certain areas as far as I can tell is that either,

1.  Networking between players is bad, causing ton of lag.

2. Too much stuff from that many players causing CPU overloading on players' clients.

3. Insane amount of polygons on character models or/and weapon models or/and particle effects overdraw causing lag.

4. Some or all of the above.

Thing about UE4 is half of those issues can be quite easily be solved, assuming the developers do it right that is. And yea Frontier is just a test server, as they have said, to see what issues they need to fix before releasing the PC version of UE4.

• Like 1

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Grimoir:

Actually i played it myself because i do not trust what i see from others. I said likely because thats what would make sense from a resource allocation and cost perspective.

You forget frontier is just a test server, just because you see something there does not mean it will be there when our client gets the upgrade. Playerbase expectations are 90% unrealistic in most cases so i wouldnt go on those either.

Not everyone has performance issues with the current game, in fact we had a discussion in faction chat on it and several people did not have issues. Just because most people have problems doesn't mean everyone has to.

Not everyone has performance issues with the current game? Lies. I wouldn't even believe that in the slightiest way possible. Show us a player please that has no big framerate drops in Eternal Temple or a massive battle scene but anyway the bigger issue in this discussion is that you are always justifying Ncsoft's perspectives and you are always stating a fact which comes without any legit support alongside. Would you please specify why it makes sense to you that those problems will "very likely" get tackled or even fixed from their resource allocation and cost perspective? Have you checked the last sales breakdown? From what I can see is by it is that Ncsoft will be heading more towards mobile game market and the support for Blade&Soul PC just like even now will be worsened alot more in future. You have no source or any good indication to claim a fix based on their cost perspective.

Edited by Tyanie

18 hours ago, Grimoir said:

If the game's population keeps going down, main reasons being lack of optimization and p2w, in which reality is it a viable move to shove more p2w and pospone performance patches for when the game will have like 100-200 players at prime time? These are live servers where we have absolutely unacceptable lag and fps issues, not some early access kickstarter. If you want people to give you money in your game, you solve their problems yesterday, you do not pospone the fixes for decades and expect them to fund you on the base of good will, especially if you are like NC and your reputation is so deep down the renegade levels, Satan has to design a whole new circle in hell just for you. Joke aside, I think you get the point.