Solution to fixing the currency exchange (F9)

xRaider

As we all know with the amount of inflation in the game due to hunter refuge and other reasons the value of gold has fallen drastically. In spite of all this the minimum listing fee on the currency exchange for gold to HM/Ncoin still remains as 1:1. Because of this everyone is trying to sell gold and literally nobody is buying, in game gold sellers are unhappy because their gold never sells and potential buyers are unhappy because the price is too high.

You people keep putting good stuff on the hongmoon store and free to play players can't even buy them because the only other means for us to get them are though venture tokens which are very rare to obtain out of season rewards. Not to forget that the drop rate from daily quest boxes was ninja nerfed since you guys tried to remove it from daily dash and caused the players to rant till it was put back.

We free to play players do not want to spend money, if you guys want our money then the currency exchange needs to be fixed so that pay to play players can spend the money for us. Soooo my solution to this would be to remove the minimum listing fee or even reduce it to 1:0.5 and remove the 10% taxation to HM coins. By doing this in game gold sellers would be happy as their gold would actually sell and buyers would be happy as they can obtain gold for an affordable price. The only people that would be unhappy are the 3rd party gold sellers that are getting the money the company is suppose to be making instead. So please try to do something about this, I've played this game for to long to see it go through the ground. 

If you are a free to play player and or agree with this please upvote this post so that it can be seen.

The problem is that NO BUYERS TO BE SIGHTED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Like who the hell wants to buy Gold ? especially with the recent Hunter's Refugee. Those potential "buyers" there might already been self sustaining from HR.  IF gold needed 3rd party gold seller actually overstocked now and sell in much more attractive price so these whales can keep HMCoin for something else.   Lowering the Gold-HMcoin Value is of no point given of this imbalance in gold distribution... Considering it;s been done SEVERAL times already.. It's now as low as it's practical.. any lower ? Then F9 become worthless as it take WAY MORE GOLD to get the HMcoin... and NOT EVERYONE have that amount of gold to spare (remember the HR and the fact that devs NERFED the amount of gold one can actually gain from daily dungeons etc).  At that point might as well sell in 3rd party for a real dollar so one can pay real world bills.

The only viable solution is to actually make NPC That actually buy the gold OR  Abolish the HMCoin and make F10 items buyable via in game Gold currency.

It won't work, even with a 1: 0.1 exchange rate, it just won't work.

Why, with a short below then 1: 1, many Player will no longer sell Gold.

Through the last whale events, the whales have amassed so much gold.
It is now the case that the small players run after each copper coin.
While the whales / dolphins have plenty of gold. Especially the whales.

It will not work even with 1:0000001 , if the ncoinc/gold is lowered ,ypu get less hmcoins back aka all market price will go up 

Example: 1 item cost 50hmcoins ,you need to sell 60g to get 50hmcoins. If rate is changed you have to sell 100g to get the 50hmcoins ,didn't do real math ,but you get the idea .

Example: people in game sell( aka gift ) items ( from F10) for a rate of 1ncoin= 2.5-3g ,after will be even higher. So who is smart will sell items as gift in F10 to get more than double gold instead of 1:1 if he buy gold with ncoins from F9.

And the reason your gold doesn't get sell anymore ( or very very rare)  , well people stop buying ncoins with money .Most of whales buy gold outside of game so they use ncoins only for rare F10 items. 

The game is controlled by whales who spend money ,not by us f2p .

As a tip ,forget about this game , play as much as you can as F2P ,stop feeding nc$oft they literally don't deserve anymore. 

And another fact , when i see in forum all kind of topics ncsoft should do that and that ,all the suggestions,  YOU ALL KNOW THAT IS IN VAIN  all you requests ?????? 

Ncsoft don't care,didn't care and it will not care,  is OBVIOUSLY they follow the path " grab all the money as much as possible before is no longer necessary to keep server online " . ??

What they should do is in general remove f9 completely and remove HM coins from all ranking rewards and introduce a way to obtain them in game by just actually playing.

For example, completing a HM dungeon gives you idk 5-10 HM coins each time up to a maximum per day.

Completing a easy mode dungeon gives you X hm coins up to a certain max per day

Completing weeklies gives you X HM coins

Premium should be giving more hm coins per day.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Grimoir:

What they should do is in general remove f9 completely and remove HM coins from all ranking rewards and introduce a way to obtain them in game by just actually playing.

PVP is already nerfed to death stop trying to make even more players quit ! PVP Players dont wanna run dungeons all day!

vor einer Stunde schrieb Grimoir:

Premium should be giving more hm coins per day.

I agree here i mean you pay for it with real money it should be worth something but i would go so far that i want them to give us like atleast 400Hmcoins per day cause of their Pay to win stuff you have to buy. Premium should be enough to play the game not thousands of € you have to spend.

We had this topic already i understand you dont like PVP but look at the playerbase and now think about it why do we have such a low playerbase ? It simply cause litterly every patch is made for PVE which destroys PVP. Sure i know there are also patches to PVE which suck but to this day there was nothing that destoyed PVE to such an extend that you couldnt play it anymore.

5 hours ago, JoannaRamira said:

The problem is that NO BUYERS TO BE SIGHTED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Like who the hell wants to buy Gold ? especially with the recent Hunter's Refugee. Those potential "buyers" there might already been self sustaining from HR.  IF gold needed 3rd party gold seller actually overstocked now and sell in much more attractive price so these whales can keep HMCoin for something else.   Lowering the Gold-HMcoin Value is of no point given of this imbalance in gold distribution... Considering it;s been done SEVERAL times already.. It's now as low as it's practical.. any lower ? Then F9 become worthless as it take WAY MORE GOLD to get the HMcoin... and NOT EVERYONE have that amount of gold to spare (remember the HR and the fact that devs NERFED the amount of gold one can actually gain from daily dungeons etc).  At that point might as well sell in 3rd party for a real dollar so one can pay real world bills.

The only viable solution is to actually make NPC That actually buy the gold OR  Abolish the HMCoin and make F10 items buyable via in game Gold currency.

You clearly have no clue what you are talking about, just in my circle of friends / guild members there's like 4-5 of them spending every month from 40 to 120€ to get gold, obviously they don't do it from F9 because they get it 3x cheaper with other methods.

EDIT : point by point,

1st) HR wasn't really crowded by whales the way you understand them as whales, it was crowded with geared players, most of them f2p, aka smart players, then there was a portion of pay2win ppl but they were not the majority.

2nd) Whales do not lose their time in doing an event, they just throw a lot of money everytime there's a decent deal in f10 and that's it

3rd) The NPC buying gold is the most stupid idea I've ever heard, no offense but that doesn't help.

4th) Abolish HMCoin is another stupid idea, they make this so f2p has something with really low chance and amount but at least has something, instead of your idea I'd rather say abolish F9 and make every item in shop to be tradable via marketplace, this way spenders do compete to sell cheaper instead of f2p (majority of users) competing to see who devaluates the gold faster. At this point it can't go under 1:1 anymore but still 1k gold is 3.5-4.5€ on a player to player transaction and that's the issue here, in other MMO you can buy gold too but there's a culture of buying stuff in shop and sell it on market to make fast gold and safe, that's what we're lacking in this game.

Edited by pingal1ty

3 hours ago, ImoutoMaster said:

We had this topic already i understand you dont like PVP but look at the playerbase and now think about it why do we have such a low playerbase ? It simply cause litterly every patch is made for PVE which destroys PVP. Sure i know there are also patches to PVE which suck but to this day there was nothing that destoyed PVE to such an extend that you couldnt play it anymore.

Well i gave examples for PVE, but obviously we should have a similar concept for PVP aswel. just not as a ranking reward.

2 hours ago, pingal1ty said:

You clearly have no clue what you are talking about, just in my circle of friends / guild members there's like 4-5 of them spending every month from 40 to 120€ to get gold, obviously they don't do it from F9 because they get it 3x cheaper with other methods.

EDIT : point by point,

1st) HR wasn't really crowded by whales the way you understand them as whales, it was crowded with geared players, most of them f2p, aka smart players, then there was a portion of pay2win ppl but they were not the majority.

2nd) Whales do not lose their time in doing an event, they just throw a lot of money everytime there's a decent deal in f10 and that's it

3rd) The NPC buying gold is the most stupid idea I've ever heard, no offense but that doesn't help.

4th) Abolish HMCoin is another stupid idea, they make this so f2p has something with really low chance and amount but at least has something, instead of your idea I'd rather say abolish F9 and make every item in shop to be tradable via marketplace, this way spenders do compete to sell cheaper instead of f2p (majority of users) competing to see who devaluates the gold faster. At this point it can't go under 1:1 anymore but still 1k gold is 3.5-4.5€ on a player to player transaction and that's the issue here, in other MMO you can buy gold too but there's a culture of buying stuff in shop and sell it on market to make fast gold and safe, that's what we're lacking in this game.

And you are clearly clueless down to the point you dont even ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ask whether we are even sharing the same ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ currency.  Your ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ circle use Euro while the F9 i am talking about is in NA.  we use USD here.  and We dont share the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ F9. Maybe our account is but not the F9. Oh and addition, you dont seem to even bother addressing the issue of F9 gold anyway.. i guess your so called "points" are moot from the start.

Point by point :

1.In EU maybe.. but not here.

2. Then what ?

3. That's the fastest and easiest to implement without even need to look into market at all. Sorry

4. Abolish F9 also means abolishing HMCoin..i dont even know what are you talking about now...

Edited by JoannaRamira

20 minutes ago, JoannaRamira said:

And you are clearly clueless down to the point you dont even ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ask whether we are even sharing the same ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ currency.  Your ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ circle use Euro while the F9 i am talking about is in NA.  we use USD here.  and We dont share the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ F9. Maybe our account is but not the F9. Oh and addition, you dont seem to even bother addressing the issue of F9 gold anyway.. i guess your so called "points" are moot from the start.

Point by point :

1.In EU maybe.. but not here.

2. Then what ?

3. That's the fastest and easiest to implement without even need to look into market at all. Sorry

4. Abolish F9 also means abolishing HMCoin..i dont even know what are you talking about now...

1 NA is very similar to EU, in fact your market is better, Sacred oils here are 750g already, in NA they're still 600g.

2 Then it means you can farm the event if you have the gear and the right friendships

3 The purpose of F9 is for players to spend their Ncoin to gain gold from f2p, making an npc that just buys the gold cuts off the few players buying it already, not going to happen

4 Abolish F9 has nothing to do with hmcoin, you can get those tokens in other different ways, like season rewards, spinning the wheel or some boxes that give one from time to time.

Edited by pingal1ty

1 minute ago, pingal1ty said:

1 NA is very similar to EU, in fact your market is better, Sacred oils here are 750g already, in NA they're still 600g.

2 Then it means you can farm the event if you have the gear and the right friendships

3 The purpose of F9 is for players to spend their Ncoin to gain gold from f2p, making an npc that just buys the gold cuts off the few players buying it already, not going to happen

4 Abolish F9 has nothing to do with hmcoin, you can get those tokens in other different ways, like season rewards, spinning the wheel or some boxes that give one from time to time.

1. Yes but we dont share the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ F9. and you dont even use it.. so WTF, you aren't addressing anything here.

2. That doesnt address the F9 issue

3.Better than seeing the gold not get sold. But well you dont even use F9 anyway so it's moot point.

4.It has and in fact that's the most reliable so far especially when you need the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ currency so bad.  The F9 give yet a great option especially if one not doing PVP or TOI but can do some dungeons etc... If that gone then HMC must be as well gone too.

So you need to wait for end of season ? or testing your luck with Premium in daily dash or even daily boxes which GOD KNOWS the rate.  and the F10 is rather Unpredictable on what they will be selling... You got to be ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ kidding me there.  Like since the 2016 I'll be honest that the F9 has been very reliable means to handle the F10 pricing so far.

Just now, JoannaRamira said:

1. Yes but we dont share the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ F9. and you dont even use it.. so WTF, you aren't addressing anything here.

2. That doesnt address the F9 issue

3.Better than seeing the gold not get sold. But well you dont even use F9 anyway so it's moot point.

4.It has and in fact that's the most reliable so far especially when you need the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ currency so bad.  The F9 give yet a great option especially if one not doing PVP or TOI but can do some dungeons etc... If that gone then HMC must be as well gone too.

So you need to wait for end of season ? or testing your luck with Premium in daily dash or even daily boxes which GOD KNOWS the rate.  and the F10 is rather Unpredictable on what they will be selling... You got to be ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ kidding me there.  Like since the 2016 I'll be honest that the F9 has been very reliable means to handle the F10 pricing so far.

Who said I don't use F9? I have permanent 15k gold on sale that it doesn't ever sell. Why do you think you have the absolute truth and know everyone when you clearly by your statements have no idea on anything you're talking. To start with your very first message on this thread you first thing mention was HR gold inflation, so there you go why I mention HR. The problem with the gold as I said in previous answer is that you can buy it for 4€ 1k gold, meanwhile with NCsoft method you have to spend 5€ to get 400ncoin = 400 gold so its almost 3x more expensive, they're not going to devaluate their NCoin value neither they are going to do anything to help you get your hmcoin because you're not of their interest, they don't care about f2p, they only care for spenders, get over it.

2 minutes ago, pingal1ty said:

Who said I don't use F9? I have permanent 15k gold on sale that it doesn't ever sell. Why do you think you have the absolute truth and know everyone when you clearly by your statements have no idea on anything you're talking.

Then we have same problem there.

I'm sorry but i clearly have full idea on what am i talking about and you dont. You just shoehorning unrelated stuff.  Who the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ even bother with the sacred oil price.  and who the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ bother with so called "smart player"

To start with your very first message on this thread you first thing mention was HR gold inflation, so there you go why I mention HR. The problem with the gold as I said in previous answer is that you can buy it for 4€ 1k gold, meanwhile with NCsoft method you have to spend 5€ to get 400ncoin = 400 gold so its almost 3x more expensive, they're not going to devaluate their NCoin value neither they are going to do anything to help you get your hmcoin because you're not of their interest, they don't care about f2p, they only care for spenders, get over it.

Then you are not really addressing the issue then.  I wonder why you even bother glossing over you arguments if in the end it is the underlined part.  What a waste of breath you are.

I guess we are clear there.

The main problem here is that gold is useless in game outside of trove. It's not 'rare', there are almost no gold sinks in regular upgrades. It's only normal that F5 and F9 prices explode, when you can't do anything with gold. Take any upgrade for example. Thornbreaker 3 -> 4 takes 30 roses, which is on average 6 weeks. You get enough gold for the breakthrough cost (did ya notice those even existed?) in a day or less. F5 hasn't gotten more expensive, it's just that gold has gotten more worthless. Same is true for F9. Solution? None possible with current upgrade model.

The only suggestion in this entire thread worth noting is making F10 items sell-able on F5. Everything else is pointless complaining or suggesting solution that are just impossible to apply under current management, if ever at all.

9 minutes ago, EternalKizo said:

The only suggestion in this entire thread worth noting is making F10 items sell-able on F5. Everything else is pointless complaining or suggesting solution that are just impossible to apply under current management, if ever at all.

That could be nice... except that one doesnt even need F5 for that.  One can buy the item then "Gift" It to the buyer after payment of some amount of gold. People been doing this with Trove keys for eternity.

Just now, God Master said:

Its still avaliable the Hunter Refuge?

No, but dont worry.. there would be more event like that and if Frontier is any indication.. there could be a serverwide open world pvp event. as one only need to tick small PVP enable/disable button near HP/stamina bar.

Edited by JoannaRamira

On 3/4/2020 at 8:55 AM, JoannaRamira said:

That could be nice... except that one doesnt even need F5 for that.  One can buy the item then "Gift" It to the buyer after payment of some amount of gold. People been doing this with Trove keys for eternity.

Yea, but being able to sell directly to F5 would make it so players stop being put in a position that welcomes a scam. Since the seller can not directly trade the item to a person, one of them have to go first which puts all the risk on 1 person. You can just try your best to find a reliable seller/buyer but that wouldn't be necessary if you could just trade directly.