Can't Progress Solo?

Ghennkins

I'm having a hard time with endgame progression. Its been 2 weeks and I've finished 0 dailies. I can only do 1 of the 2 a day and ALL the others force you to need 5 other people. I really r e a l l y hate that. Why am I not allowed to progress at the bare minimum solo? Why am I forced to group with randos?

Why pray tell me is the grind so ridiculously insane for new players? I've watched the 'New Player' guides and they're not all that helpful. They tell you to go to Moon Refuge to farm Buds. You get a chest with 4-6 buds in it every 20 kills. You can only get 4 star dust per day. Each day I average ~40 buds buts for some insidious reason, those chests are rigged to give the minimum amount. The portal that opens every 30 minutes is a total waste of grind time. The big boss of an area should drop more than 1 single unit of that area's currency.

Fallen Soul Shield # 8 costs 380 buds alone. 40/380 means 9 days for 1 piece of 7 of that Soul Shield set. With a little luck, maybe 8 days. Eight days. Over a week for 1 item. ONE item. And its all but guaranteed to have bad rolls making that 8 day grind an utter waste. For the full set, you need 1440 buds. So around 36 days or 5 weeks of tedium and monotony. Then there's the accessories which are like 600 buds each. Another month. 2 months? Really? Then there's peach farming which isn't AS insane but still pretty bad. And yes, I know about spiders. Spiders barely make any difference when the chest still only gives 4 buds. Instead of 2 months, maybe you finish in 1 and a half. Yay.

Its very frustrating in all honesty to be road blocked like this. As a player of a game, it should be my choice who I play the game with... not the publisher's choice. Maybe that's why group content in this game is so toxic and awful. Its like being back in school again and the teacher putting you in forced groups with people you don't like. Let me choose. Every clan I ever joined in this game was from meeting people in the old 24 man pirate maps, but those are all dead and buried. Genius mmorpg content thrown to the way side. I from the get go dislike dungeon content. I don't like convoluted mechanics. I don't like how the community wants fast efficient quick runs and kicks you if you're new and have story gear before you ever get a chance to go. If you do go and screw up, another kick.  Also, they lock small parts of the story behind dungeons but *cricket* you if you don't skip the cutscenes and waste the other 5 rando's time. So, don't like dungeons but also I'm forced to do them with people I don't want to do them with. Not the best combination.

I played at launch and I don't remember if you could do the minimum daily challenge without a party. You should be able to. I beat Yungsang at Mushin's Tower each day with 900 ap and that alone should count as 1 daily instead of a single prayer bead. Speaking of abandoned content, I loved Mushin's Tower. Solo player's heaven. Genius content yet again thrown away. Why are we removing all solo progression and forcing everyone to run just dungeons and raids and partaking in absolutely stupid grinds that take multiple months for mid tier gear just so they can stop being kicked by the old players?

I keep wondering what will happen first... Will I upgrade my soul shield set to one with bad rolls after 4 weeks? Or will I quit and wait for better games managed by better people?

This game is 8 years old. Why does the Clan screen (H) provide no information other than the name of a Clan? Nothing about active members. Whether its been dead for months. Time they all play. Language they speak. Its useless. 8 years of useless. And from checking the server forum here, there's been 2 clans advertised since December. None on reddit. I'd rather avoid Discord as I fail to see the point in secret tree houses the majority of casual players will never find. It's like the developer/publisher of this game have gone out of their way to make it as unenjoyable as possible if you're new or returning which is honestly very bewildering.

I apologize for the rant. I feel like my hands are tied behind my back and I'm taking body shots from a goon every time I try to get into this game. I go out of my way to read guides are watch videos, but I really doubt your average casual does that. If I'm having trouble, what about them? Or maybe they all left and have learned to avoid BnS? The game doesn't tell you anything. Doesn't help you with what your suppose to do, what your suppose to get. What you need. All it does it 'Durr dun jenz derr' and you just get booted from those. I haven't found an up-to-date guide that isn't a year old. I can't even tell if something is an upgrade. Lots of the gear vendors sell is in a chest that doesn't show stats. What class and spec its for. If I'm meant to spend 2 months grinding for something, I'd like to know what exactly it does without having to leave the game and get the information out-of-game.

Thanks for reading this long winded gripefest of a post. I feel like I reached my boiling point and needed to vent. I do feel a bit better getting these complaints off my chest. I hope you have a good day and the goons go lite on you today.

the main purpose of MMO is to socialize and play with other people, not solo, I mean you can, it's not impossible, but you will have a harder time then playing with other people, you might want to find Single Player genre games to suite your needs if you like to play solo, In most MMO games eventually you hit point where you will be forced to team to progress, As for Moon Refuge is a great place to farm, again, you join a party at spiders, there's plenty of people recruiting non stop and those 20 kills become nothing, 2 minutes? 3 Minutes? depending on the party, it's really fast, So 1440 Buds would take from 8 to 12 hours of non stop farm, so lets be more realistic, so 2 days? 3? depending on how much you are willing to spend farming, also you can just join people that recruiting for Skybreak Spire and literally get Free Accessories from it, because no one needs them anymore, so it's very high chance you will get a full set in one run, (No one cares about AP anymore in that raid, so 99,99% chance you will be taken to party with whatever gear you have)