UE4 is just the mobile game ported.

itsthem

I was relived, not the total disaster I expected but not good at all to be sure, now I can officially start looking for another game UE4 was the only thing keeping me around. 

Less than 50 fps on the beach with an i9 and 1070ti @ 1080p? Ouch. I play with an i7 and a 1070sc @ 1440p so this isn't looking good...at all. If I go to the bamboo beach right now with my setup on ultra I get 80fps steady....at 1440p. 

Edited by Noface007

lots of badly configured lod's on dof and post processing effects. Thats going to be a headache to fine tune for developers. But most UE4 games need a few hours of fine tweaking .ini/.cfg to get an end result thats massively more eye catching with much higher fps than what developers are capable of.

• Textures are low detail (nvm, i noticed it was popin rather than low res textures.) Though some textures still look poor. Theres an overall improvement.
  • Characters seem to have a persistent light on them. It kind of removes the immersion of them being apart of the environment. :(
  • Fog patches seems to be removed? The environments look better but less immersive.
  • I dont play blade masters so i need to ask to those of you who do. Do Animations look more fluid?
  • How about the smoothness of skill effects?
  • Global lightsource/illmuniation looks broken.

Hopes remain that improvements come in the form of shorter loading all round at the very least. OP it doesnt look like a mobile port to me.

Edited by matthew
  • Like 1

Trust me, Mathew this exact game has been available for mobiles for quite some time, they just changed the UI and controls to fit in with PC requirements why do u think it has crap like auto play?

Vid from 2018 

They Jebaited everyone whether you too stupid to realize it or not.

Edited by itsthem
  • Like 1

You do realize that both mobile version and PC version comes from the exact same UE4 project? Only difference will be with the tweaked settings, etc to meet the requirements of porting to mobile or to pc or whatever platform of choice.

They just need to make the game play be smooth without stutters and it's fine in my opinion. 60 or even 50 fps is still good and very playable as long as it doesn't stutter or fluctuate insanely.

My reactions are mixed.

Environment looks much better, richer with better visual effects. Lightings and shadows also looks very good.

On other hand some visual effects on characters and costumes looks weird compared to UE3. Many light reflexions are missing and oily effect is extremely reduced. (Maybe I'm the only one but yes, I love that effect.)

And what is wrong with physics? Hairs, Lyn ears/tails and costumes. In many occasions they jitter like crazy or barely moving.

Game crashing during loadings and optimalization is better, but there are still some issues.

Because it's test server I not will be judge game now, but I hope these things will be fixed when UE4 will be applied on actual servers.

I don't understand why there was any hype over Unreal Engine 4 at all, it was obviously an overall upgrade to the graphics for the most part.. and by seeing what the different streamers has gone through, this is literally BDO Remastered but for Blade and Soul.

Again, the core problem isn't fixed so it doesn't really matter much, this seems like another short term solution to keep/bring players in for a small period of time.

About the whole mobile thing, I don't know. I saw the UI from Frontier and I had BDO's new UI terrible flashbacks going through my mind. Add random crashes + stutters + min. requirements and I find it actually pretty worrying for the future.

If it's made on purpose or not is another different discussion ^^

19 hours ago, matthew said:

lots of badly configured lod's on dof and post processing effects. Thats going to be a headache to fine tune for developers. But most UE4 games need a few hours of fine tweaking .ini/.cfg to get an end result thats massively more eye catching with much higher fps than what developers are capable of.

• Textures are low detail (nvm, i noticed it was popin rather than low res textures.) Though some textures still look poor. Theres an overall improvement.
  • Characters seem to have a persistent light on them. It kind of removes the immersion of them being apart of the environment. :(
  • Fog patches seems to be removed? The environments look better but less immersive.
  • I dont play blade masters so i need to ask to those of you who do. Do Animations look more fluid?
  • How about the smoothness of skill effects?
  • Global lightsource/illmuniation looks broken.

Hopes remain that improvements come in the form of shorter loading all round at the very least. OP it doesnt look like a mobile port to me.

You would be foolish to hope they can fix this stuff. The reason I say this is keep in mind that all the trash patches/updates they have uploaded(here's looking at you Storm of Arrows) were allegedly tested and you saw how they turned out.