So why did they take away the Merchant from CS & HM

Gman

Easy, he sells things for gold that they sell for Ncoin in the cash shop, this year, that'll be a big no no. NCsoft could care less at this point they're only worried about keeping the mega whales happy (as you can tell from the last HR "event") and the mega whales could care less if the merchant is in the game at all since they buy literally EVERYTHING from the shop. 

Can't blame them either the mega whales are the ONLY thing keeping this sinking ship afloat a little longer, cause they sure as hell aren't bringing in new players. 

Edited by Noface007
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, CrazyDude90 said:

screenshot or never happen. My whole clan dont saw one single merchant since december. Show a valid screenshot or stop trolling. TY.

LOL.

I dont believe it is still there too.

Run CS/HM around 10x a day, for like 1 month, didn't see one since many weeks ago.

• Like 1

vor 7 Stunden schrieb blooash23:

LOL.

I dont believe it is still there too.

Run CS/HM around 10x a day, for like 1 month, didn't see one since many weeks ago.

Same. Since december patch no one saw this merchant in CS/HM anymore. Grimior seems to be the only person who wants to see this merchant since then. thats impossible that a whole clan (like mine) dont see the merchant for nearly ~2,5 months now.... Also other people also reported that they dont saw him anymore in CS+HM.

topics like:

and

show this too.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Grimoir:

Ill screenshot next time lol, but got it yesterday in CS, ST, CC.

ST and CC are not the dungeons we are talking about.^^ We only discuss Cold Storage and Heavens Mandate. Other dungeons still have it.

BTW: also the rate of gem chests in both said dungeons are lowered since then.

Edited by CrazyDude90

I'm not exaggerate now but ya since December on 3 characters I'm doin daily CS-HM for the unity exp and stone , i can say i never got it since then not even once but i will say i got 1-2times because i don't remember when it was last time i got it. NO EXAGGERATION or trying to impress around here . And before from 6x dungeons  2 times guaranteed got it.

11 hours ago, CrazyDude90 said:

BTW: also the rate of gem chests in both said dungeons are lowered since then.

This i dont think so....well idk about HM but in CS we got a gem chest 3 days in a row. Once even on both Mane and Kaari. Havent seen one in HM for a long time tho.

You know, rng has a funny way of how it works.

A. The chance for merchant to spawn most likely is around 0.5% - 1% only because of the amount of people doing CS and HM every single day and how easy and fast those are.

B. Less people playing the game in NA/EU = less chances for merchant to spawn due to less amounts of time the rng for "weather to spawn merchant or not" is checked every day. Higher in other dungeons as you can spam them and thus triggering the check up more often.

C. It is entirely possible to fail that rng spawn check for many many months in a row and actually quite likely thing to happen at times. Even with say 50% chance it is quite likely to fail 50 times in a row(transmutations, wink wink).

D. And because of all the above it is also possible that only certain "lucky" people are the ones who see the merchant spawns regularly.

So no, just because it now spawns less does not mean the spawn chance is changed. You'd have to show actual coded % numbers to actually know if it's changed or not, otherwise it's all just speculation.

Edited by Amarathiel

1 minute ago, Amarathiel said:

So no, just because it now spawns less does not mean the spawn chance is changed. You'd have to show actual coded % numbers to actually know if it's changed or not, otherwise it's all just speculation.

Honestly making the spawn rate as a % seems a bit too hard for the current devs if you look at it overall. Wouldnt suprise me if the spawn is set to happen after a total of X runs of the dungeons are done. so you have a guaranteed merchant every give or take 50 HM runs on the server overal xD

Just now, Grimoir said:

Honestly making the spawn rate as a % seems a bit too hard for the current devs if you look at it overall. Wouldnt suprise me if the spawn is set to happen after a total of X runs of the dungeons are done. so you have a guaranteed merchant every give or take 50 HM runs on the server overal xD

That would be the smart way to do it buuuut let's face it, that almost never happens in most mmo games :P

• Like 1

On 2/23/2020 at 6:35 PM, CrazyDude90 said:

screenshot or never happen. My whole clan dont saw one single merchant since december. Show a valid screenshot or stop trolling. TY.

He also said years ago that he got like 4-100 moonstone bundles in a couple days when they used to drop from Mushins, lul. 

21 minutes ago, Noface007 said:

He also said years ago that he got like 4-100 moonstone bundles in a couple days when they used to drop from Mushins, lul. 

Well i did....but that was a lot of luck xD i got 2 100MS bundles from the hongsil rank box aswel xD

11 hours ago, Amarathiel said:

You know, rng has a funny way of how it works.

B. Less people playing the game in NA/EU = less chances for merchant to spawn due to less amounts of time the rng for "weather to spawn merchant or not" is checked every day. Higher in other dungeons as you can spam them and thus triggering the check up more often.

Maybe... Or not...

Everyday i run DST or CC multi with friends, like alot(50+ runs) and we hardly see merchant there too, there has days we don't see a single one.

• 2 weeks later...
Am 24.2.2020 um 11:46 schrieb Grimoir:

Ill screenshot next time lol, but got it yesterday in CS, ST, CC.

2 weeks since your "screenshot promise" and no valid screenshot until now? When are you finally gonna admit your statement wrong? The merchant no longer exists in CS&HM.

15 hours ago, CrazyDude90 said:

2 weeks since your "screenshot promise" and no valid screenshot until now? When are you finally gonna admit your statement wrong? The merchant no longer exists in CS&HM.

Well i only do those 1 per day, and since i didnt do dailies for a week due to work, didnt see him yet. dont worry as soon as he pops up i will make a screenshot for you <3

vor 8 Stunden schrieb WhySoSeriousBro:

Can confirm this. Today was 90th day doing HM and CS daily on 2 chars - and no merchant spawn. Either a really bad luck, or it's ninja removed.
Ps. It's only 90 days runs in a row cause I just recently came back to playing BnS

vor 8 Stunden schrieb KlausFlouride:

I am close to 200 runs of hm/cs now, no MoW. He has been spawning in other zones, which is actually worse.

Thanks for the feedback guys. :)

And yeah i do that since the december update with many chars every day too. Nothing. No matter how much this one person (Grimoir) try to tell us the opposite... the merchant in HM/CS is gone. Thats a fact. It is also a fact that if there would be a merchant some one would have showed this to us long time ago.

Impossible that this much players do not saw him in over 90 days if this guy would really exist there.

It is really funny how there is absolutely no answer from NCW to such negligible issue. p2w, bugs, lags, etc - all that can be explained as "it's nothing personal, it's strictly business". But to be silent because of merchant?! Well I also don't talk to my wallet.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Got him today.

https://i.ibb.co/vwd3FHm/Screenshot-200329-001.jpg

the deal

https://i.ibb.co/CHtCvQ8/Screenshot-200329-002.jpg

Regarding RNG tho.. that the way one should think about it is as a big dice with many faces where the spawn probability are part of it . The important thing however are :

1.It can work independently regardless of things like how many ppl plays etc..

2.The spawn rate are never disclosed.. can't really say it's removed

3.The most important one is, just knowing the spawn rate will not guarantee one to see the merchant. Remember that in this big dice SAME SIDE can be picked more than once.  It is entirely possible for one to actually never see a merchant in his course of play or always see him/her everytime he/she get into dg's.

On 3/9/2020 at 5:49 PM, CrazyDude90 said:

Here you go, got him yesterday in HM. didnt ss the deals, but it had the octa gems.

H7Cwx4y.jpg