Producer’s Letter – February 2020 Update

Hime

19 minutes ago, ElectricPotato said:

Whats a "Clan  renewal"?

I think they plan on reworking the clan system as a whole. since that has not changed since the game launched.

Anyway....i am happy for the letter but with all the "we plan more than just a producer letter" i was actually expecting something..."big".

I liked the letter itself but the interview video didnt really bring in anything useful or new into the subject, and idk who chose those questions...but they were mostly irrelevant.

I would have better asked why are the recent changes / upgrade adjustments happening and what is behind that rather than know how they came up with the assasin 3rd spec....whether it came to them in a dream, or they saw god or tinkerbell spreayed them with her magic dust and gave them visions it isnt important...So many community raised questions could have been used instead of the ones to "uphold an image".

Edited by Grimoir

No words on Premium Benefits? You guys really should change the Premium benefits (which was promised in the past).. its way to expensive for the small and bad benefits it gives.

For example the Daily Premium Chest in the Store should be given to the Premium players daily for free and not be charged for 30coins.

Also it should give the contents that are relevant to the current state of the game and not this old stuff that no one wants.

More p2w

More p2w events

Zero class balancing 

Very little actual content

UE4...…..meh sometime

Zero community communication

Zero answers to your questions (unless they're fluff questions about an outfit or something)

More monetization, we would like to have an RNG box/Trove/Treasure draw going 100% of the time, making selling gold for HM coin practically impossible

More stupidly op classes and 3rd specializations (which won't ever get nerfed)

No frontier server we probably wont even let you have the UE4 character creator to play with

No catch up events for F2P or new players, in fact through our "rebalancing costs" we'll actually make things MORE expensive.

More unwatchable uninformative livestreams

More "sudden" changes, spent 90 pet pods last week, now you could have spent 40? Too bad you're out of our ticket thingies, which we obviously implemented because we're too lazy to give you anything but a week notice they are changing, even though we state that this is to "keep players from doing stupid upgrades at the wrong time and bugging our support interns who are busy in the break room playing Final Fantasy Online"

More "giveaways" for shoes and such that literally cost us a couple hundred bucks to do

No changes to the 3 year old cosmetics page

Any good new outfits we'll cram into an RNG box with a stupidly low drop chance

Less and less materials in the game, MORE materials in F10 though

HM level cap increase to 5000000 although we rarely run any XP events and the ones we do run are insignificant and even our most no-life p2w players are sitting at a max of 27-29 HM level 

"parts" of raids, this will give the impression we actually make content

new accessories and garbage, even though the majority of players are using very low tier Raven accessories

More PvP accessories which you'll need to get from doing PvE for some stupid reason

New support "dodge" system where support will send you to the forums and the forums will tell you to make a support ticket

Edited by Noface007
  • Like 1

What do you think about improving the premium rewards? Maybe you can set it up so that premium members can edit Simple Mode themselves with all available class skills and conditions. And that you can move your skills as a premium member into any context slot. So you can put a stop to the cheaters and simplify life for all premium members. A premium membership would be much more attractive. :heart:

• Like 1

That's it? There is literally zero content that we weren't already aware of thanks to RU streams and communication. And what's with those questions nobody asked for? Where are the questions about optimization? Balance? Costs reductions? Trash P2W events??

Though it's no surprise the head of NA/EU is in fact a korean dude, which speaks volumes on why BnS NA/EU version is utter garbage and doomed to fail. His korean mindset cannot be carried out to a western market. Plain and simple.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Hime said:

We look back on 2019 and see what to look forward to in our Producer’s Letter!

Read on: https://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/producers-letter-february-2020-update/

Looking for the "info we won't fine anywhere else" cause i can't find it at this letter aswell... Where is it? Everything in there was already expected by everyone who take a look at RU Community or Twitch Streams from KR players.

And what is all that talk in the video... those questions... who the hell made up those questions? pure non-sense...

June: New Accessory Enhancement System

Could you please not? The game is already too complex as it is. I already don't like how complicated you made it. I liked it way better when the game first came out, and you only have the weapon and a couple other things. Why are you adding more? Don't want any new item slots, new enhancement systems or anything like that.

We already have 8 soul shield slots. We have to get the right stats on the soul shields. We can enhance the soul shields with more soul shields of the same type. We can buy primers to further enhance the soul shields. We can get engravings from soul wardens to further enhance the stats on the soul shields. We have 12 other item slots. All of those need to be upgraded to higher stages. We have a separate system for PVP items. Then you have the gem system, and then the dyad system on top of that. Then you have the weapon upgrades as well. Also, don't forget you have to level up to max. Then you have hongmoon levels on top of that. Then you have hongmoon mastery scrolls on top of that. Get a soul badge. Now combine 2 into 1 soul badge. Now evolve it to higher stages. We can get psyche's from various places to enhance the stats of our gear. Where? Too many places for me to remember at this point. Which psyches are best? I don't know, and frankly it is too much effort for me to find out because I don't care enough. Legendary gem hammers open more slots on your weapon. Be sure to distribute all your Hongmoon points. You can get 20 more from... some... places. Choose your character's specialization. Choose your talents after that. Choose how to enhance what abilities. Where do you even get these or get more? I don't even know. Get all the costumes. That gives you achievements that give you more power. Go do a bunch of the dungeons 300 times each. I am not exaggerating. You get stats from earning achievements from doing this. Don't forget to press your Hongmoon talisman button every minute in combat. It can't be automatically built into the Simplified combat controls macro and activate automatically like the soul or based on some kind of trigger like the belt. The system of eat food gives more bonuses. Drink a buff potion too. (Probably Soju of some kind). Use a charm. Healing potions. There are 500 different kinds of tokens and currencies that combine to turn into other currencies, half of which, you don't even know where to spend. Don't forget all the Hongmoon secret techniques. Those enhance your skills too. Don't forget about the unity system: Radiance stones and Ascension stones! Oh and the pet aura gems too! Am I missing anything? Probably! I can't even think of it all because of how complicated it is.

Do you see how absurdly complex and complicated this is? Honestly? Yet another system to enhance gear? Another money pit? THAT is what you think we want? Who was sitting at a board meeting and said, "You know what is a good idea? A new accessory enhancement system. That is what we need." How many systems do you need before you are satisfied? How many? Give me a number! 10 more? How about this: You can't have a new system unless you remove 2. That seems like a good rule to implement!

It needs to get simpler, not more complicated! You are going the wrong direction! Item enhancement systems are not "fun." They just make the game more tedious. Instead, please focus on making the game more "fun" instead of more complicated. Do you realize that doing taxes is actually less complicated than making the correct choices while maxing out a character in Blade and Soul? Would you like to do taxes for entertainment? Blade and Soul is supposed to be for entertainment.

Edited by NorbertTheOpinionated
  • Like 2

Game is dead you are still speaking about new features. No one will come back if you will continue with this thought.

Character balance  worst of mmorpgs. 

Gambling in game.

Copy paste support response.

Exploiting the players.

Stupidly designed battleground system.

These are all that have existed since the beginning of the game. First fix these. After make new features.

The issue with class balancing and other forms of balancing is simply that developers only look at the top tier Korean players and how they use their class or how they get upgrades etc. and do changes based on those statistics more often. They don't look at the casuals in NA/EU at all which is why lot of changes they do hurt NA/EU players. That's something a lot of mmo games do actually. Developers read through what top tier players think and then may or may not make changes based on those statements. This easily hurts class balancing the most especially if developers see like top 5 people performing insanely good(most often in pvp) and then they decide to nerf that particular class or specialization down to prevent such "gap" so to speak.

Another issue is indeed that Koreans already have the mindset of an insane worker so to speak, which is why you see lot more grinding than usual in these games and due to that their idea of things such as good cost reductions most often can seem relatively "not good enough" for westerners. In their minds lowering the costs even further or making it easier would make the game too easy for what they want it to be I would think, not to mention its a mmo game meant to be played with a static 6 party members aka friends.

As for complexity of the game and having lots of things to upgrade etc. I don't see the game being that complex to be fair, for me at least it's quite simple to see most often what to upgrade and why certain upgrades like psyches are there for and so on. I get it some people may not be as good at seeing it so I have a suggestion to make.

Suggestion. Would be nice to see a form of "sandbox mode" introduced that would work like the boss training room but for upgrades and gear! You can select any weapon, accessories, gems or soulshields and infuse it with any stats you want and temporarily while inside that specific room you can test the gear and how all the upgrades affects you and your damage output. That would give even better picture on what upgrades to focus towards and what can you sort of leave as last thing to do for your specific class and gameplay style.

Edited by Amarathiel

On 21/2/2020 at 3:12 PM, Hime said:

We look back on 2019 and see what to look forward to in our Producer’s Letter!

Read on: https://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/producers-letter-february-2020-update/

i have been playing bns since the start(have many accoounts) and i just come back form 1 year of break to see this kind of stuff tbh i dont wanna see bns die but this is a msg (we wont change anyting we wont lisent we will ignore the amount of ppl leaving the game) to be honest i dont think they will care becouse west is just an entry of money the real bns for them is kr chinase idk that why bns didint have make a single change for US EU of what ppl want, becouse the feedback  wont even reach the one that actualy can do someting look the one in charge for our servers its almost a kid reading a paper... 
thats why we dont get changes in pvp look pvp there is noting no ppl playing no reward there are outfits for the first duegons... the changes are never made for our servers they are just copying the kr servers

they said once that the game should be the same as other to participate in world tournament...  at this point i dont think anyone could participate in there and not only pvp everyting farming a lot of stuff locked in rng boxes troves  tons of hours to get one thing that will be selling latter thats why i dont touch pve anymore for sanity anyways

i hardly think that feedback and the situation of bns reach one heavy ones of bns and for that to we would need someone speak for us but i dont think "jaehong" will be that voice
maybe someday they will realize what is happening and would try someting or maybe they just know and they dont wanna do someting sometimes when you dont put ur heart in what you do, you just let it  go as it is until it dies... i really love bns but right now i dont see too much hope  unless someone interfere but it have been years of this years of lossing ppl there is no way they dont actualy know what is happenign, i dont wanna see it die but that is the path i guess they are taking  i just hope im worng and things will get better with this mistake. but..

if bns dies and i hope not i at leas would like they leave some kind of server where we can enter sometime and use ur characters just so they dont disappear...

Edited by pyrrha

15 minutes ago, pyrrha said:

i have been playing bns since the start(have many accoounts) and i just come back form 1 year of break to see this kind of stuff tbh i dont wanna see bns die but this is a msg (we wont change anyting we wont lisent we will ignore the amount of ppl leaving the game) to be honest i dont think they will care becouse west is just an entry of money the real bns for them is kr chinase idk that why bns didint have make a single change for US EU of what ppl want, becouse the feedback  wont even reach the one that actualy can do someting look the one in charge for our servers its almost a kid reading a paper... 
thats why we dont get changes in pvp look pvp there is noting no ppl playing no reward there are outfits for the first duegons... the changes are never made for our servers they are just copying the kr servers

they said once that the game should be the same as other to participate in world tournament...  at this point i dont think anyone could participate in there and not only pvp everyting farming a lot of stuff locked in rng boxes troves  tons of hours to get one thing that will be selling latter thats why i dont touch pve anymore for sanity anyways

i hardly think that feedback and the situation of bns reach one heavy ones of bns and for that to we would need someone speak for us but i dont think "jaehong" will be that voice
maybe someday they will realize what is happening and would try someting or maybe they just know and they dont wanna do someting sometimes when you dont put ur heart in what you do, you just let it  go as it is until it dies... i really love bns but right now i dont see too much hope  unless someone interfere but it have been years of this years of lossing ppl there is no way they dont actualy know what is happenign, i dont wanna see it die but that is the path i guess they are taking  i just hope im worng and things will get better with this mistake. but..

if bns dies and i hope not i at leas would like they leave some kind of server where we can enter sometime and use ur characters just so they dont disappear...

The very momentI saw an interview to one of those professional players back in 2015 when the game was about to launch and he was saying stuff like "blade and soul was the first game that gave me freedom" I know what was going on. All this MMO companies are all the same, they trap you in here for hours to get a really small reward. So either you spend too much of your time or you pay, that's how it is. They're not going to change the economic model at this point, it will be possible to release continously awesome cosmetics to replace the material selling but that requires efford by their side and they are not going to risk doing it because this actual model works for them.

As far as your **** cash shop goes lately this will be the last time i ever log onto this site but i want to say i hope your company goes in the ground and u all go bankrupt have a lovely day have fun milking whats left of your player base althou i kno u could care less about that right milk it then shut servers down gg

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/3/2020 at 5:50 AM, pingal1ty said:

The very momentI saw an interview to one of those professional players back in 2015 when the game was about to launch and he was saying stuff like "blade and soul was the first game that gave me freedom" I know what was going on. All this MMO companies are all the same, they trap you in here for hours to get a really small reward. So either you spend too much of your time or you pay, that's how it is. They're not going to change the economic model at this point, it will be possible to release continously awesome cosmetics to replace the material selling but that requires efford by their side and they are not going to risk doing it because this actual model works for them.

yes its a shame i hope they touch ground not in a bad way  but they need to really touch ground and have to make a choose start lisenting the playerbase and work to make it a better and more friendly game attract more ppl and go up becouse they can do it bns its a great game there is a reason ppl still play it  its just that as time passes they implemet more reasons to stop playing and leave or they chose that or they just give up and close the game...
at the end i will just wait, will not play pve for any reason dont worth it, wait for bns to really touch ground and really hope as best i can they chosse the 1st option and finaly after years of being here i can actualy enjoy the game as if it where the 1st year of bns but saddly i think its the only way bns need to really die so it can reborn...

• Hime unpinned this topic