Cowards devs/staff

pingal1ty

You guys didn't make spreadsheet/table of Soul because you know its not going to be the same reduction amount as before, and to avoid people getting angry on forum before the patch is even deployed you just avoided any mentions, on top of it you showed on stream the usual reduction of a 33%. Hope you guys are happy screwing your playerbase once again.

2 hours ago, ImoutoMaster said:

Its even more expensive now for new players which do not have True Cosmic yet.

Not to mention it was already pathetic the amount of crystals needed for first True hoongmoon soul + 1 oil, now they reduced the crystals needed but added 2 extra oil to it.

Cosmic soul now have an extra 5 oils as "cost adjustment".

NcWest just want to push away new players from game while expect old players to quit, thats the only reason.

Yeah, I must agree that this soul cost adjustment is absolute nonsense. If you think about it, it is a slight reduction in bound material cost. Okay, fair. But then those materials get added back in, since they are needed to craft the required oils. We always come back to the lowest common farmable denominator, that being bound materials. Even if the cost is lower when we take the entire soul tree prior to the stages we just got, the way it spreads the cost over, coupled with the fact that the only place that generates good amounts of bound mats per hour is msp, we set ourselves up for some serious and very, very boring grind. Doable? Absolutely! If you get a gun to your temple, it's totally doable. In any other scenario however, this adjustment (not reduction, adjustment), is a new loss for the community.

2 hours ago, EasleyRR said:

Not to mention it was already pathetic the amount of crystals needed for first True hoongmoon soul + 1 oil, now they reduced the crystals needed but added 2 extra oil to it.

Cosmic soul now have an extra 5 oils as "cost adjustment".

NcWest just want to push away new players from game while expect old players to quit, thats the only reason.

To be honest....you should not talk about new players because if a new player starts the game, the current adjusted costs will be seen as "normal" for them as they never experienced it differently. So i wouldnt say it "hurts" new players, since they never knew better in the first place.

anyway, looking at the recent adjustments to things it seems they want to promote progression instead of people waiting for reductions and then progress.

@Grimoir You know... this would've made sense if these so called "new players" are their own community. They aren't. They come to the game and become part of the existing community. And the existing community knows very well what is normal and what isn't. Aka, your logic works for a single player game, not an MMO one.

Just now, MassiveEgo said:

@Grimoir You know... this would've made sense if these so called "new players" are their own community. They aren't. They come to the game and become part of the existing community. And the existing community knows very well what is normal and what isn't. Aka, your logic works for a single player game, not an MMO one.

Still, it doesnt matter what the existing community knows is normal or not. For a new player the current situation will be normal for his progression. A new player will not start the game and complain he needs 5 oils, for him that will be the normal / standard progression and not an adjustment.

2 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Still, it doesnt matter what the existing community knows is normal or not. For a new player the current situation will be normal for his progression. A new player will not start the game and complain he needs 5 oils, for him that will be the normal / standard progression and not an adjustment.

Do not confuse new player with a five year old.

16 minutes ago, KzE said:

New player wont even ask, what was before, but ragequit because of this upgrade cost.

He quits but without rage. Players like me might be in rage because they remember how great it was at the very beginning. But they/me quit too and thats Ok. Nobody is forced to play a P2W whales driven gambling game. And maybe there is hope in May. Its a sad development but after the last event and all those P2W changed Idont care any more. 

5 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Has nothing to do with confusion. A completely new player will never come into a game and complain about something that changed in it while he didnt even play it.

Dude, when I'm new player I study a lot about the game that I wanna play. But I'm returning player and I didn't upgrade my soul because I was waiting for a real reduction of costs, not for this. It's an insult to f2p players, just like the past event and this event... Idk if this kind of patches came from kr or are so lame because ncsoft don't know how to administer a game... 

I'm really upset about this because they are killing this game, and they didn't even care about it! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Grimoir said:

This is not true at all.

Whether new player needs a lot of resource to upgrade or not, IT DEFINITELY DETERMINES whether they are going to stay in the game.

Whether new player CAN clear daily challenges or not, IT DEFINITELY DETERMINES whether they are going to stay in the game TOO!

IT MATTERS definitely.

Not us being superhero using new player as arguments, BUT that is the true fact that we see. I had two friends who started and quitted after 2 weeks because they felt it is nearly impossible to even do daily challenges with their free from story dawnforged weapon + 1100 AP, poor soul/phoenix bracelet/eternity belt always getting kicked.

Without doing daily challenges, how on earth they are going to earn gold slowly? Without gold how on earth to upgrade their stuff in this FREE-TO-PLAY GAME?

When I told them they need probably need 300 oils to catch up to latest soul/heart, and they see that 1 oil is 650g at market, and the previous event hardly gave them 1 oil per week (they are new player, only 1 character), they just think it is not worth to waste their life on this game, too late for them to catch up.

@MassiveEgowhat you said are totally true, don't mind the guy who always white knight the Company even for this sense. Probably that guy is even part of the company and disguising as normal member here.

Edited by blooash23

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Maraah:

Dude, when I'm new player I study a lot about the game that I wanna play.

Not everyone is like this. Like some know already i am offering new players to add me on discord to ask any kind of question they have. Its always like "what do i do next" ? or "where do i get this" never "how was it like when". Its something new players simply either dont care about or dont know about so this cannot be a reason for them to leave.

Unfourtunetly i have to say thoose players also quit mostly right after they farmed their starting gear in Moon refuge. Its to much grind to get reasonable gear for low players.

I would like to see the upgrade to True Ascendant drasticly reduced and Heart aswell till first legendary stage but i dont want new players to start with like Aransu stuff etc. its not alot of grind to get to Aransu gear and its the entrance to the game currently.

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Maraah:

I'm really upset about this because they are killing this game, and they didn't even care about it! 

Well NC is still a company and they need to earn money. Due to some mistakes (yeah in the beginning i am sure thoose where mistakes) the players reduced alot which decreases the ammount of players paying money for this game. Sadly they are forced to get as much money as last year or even more to statisfy their employees (Probably the Dev) this is not possible without Pay to win ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ so they need to go this path.

Increasing the ammount of players would bring more money in the long run but it needs more ressources (additional cost) and it wouldnt bring money immediatly which would result in bad statistics and the employer might be angry about it which would result in people getting fired to save cost.

This is just an assumption so it may or may not be true i am not from NC so i can just assume stuff like this.

All of this wouldnt have happened in the first place if NC staff would test their patches and think about the consequences thoose could have on EU/NA.

For example Awakening which is the biggest reason alot of people want a Classic or Private server. Community told them months before this is gonna destroy the game but it still came without changes to EU/NA or all thoose cost "reductions" if they played their game they would have seen that thoose are cost increases nowdays.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Maraah said:

Dude, when I'm new player I study a lot about the game that I wanna play. But I'm returning player and I didn't upgrade my soul because I was waiting for a real reduction of costs, not for this. It's an insult to f2p players, just like the past event and this event... Idk if this kind of patches came from kr or are so lame because ncsoft don't know how to administer a game... 

And yet...there are many players who has not spent a single $ on the game and have near max soul and end game gear....so.....

5 hours ago, blooash23 said:

This is not true at all.

Whether new player needs a lot of resource to upgrade or not, IT DEFINITELY DETERMINES whether they are going to stay in the game.

Whether new player CAN clear daily challenges or not, IT DEFINITELY DETERMINES whether they are going to stay in the game TOO!

IT MATTERS definitely.

Not us being superhero using new player as arguments, BUT that is the true fact that we see. I had two friends who started and quitted after 2 weeks because they felt it is nearly impossible to even do daily challenges with their free from story dawnforged weapon + 1100 AP, poor soul/phoenix bracelet/eternity belt always getting kicked.

I am not talking about needing X amount of resources or whether or not they can complete daily challenges.

The point i am making is that a NEW player, will not come into the game and complain about a cost adjustment while he was not even playing the game, this is why the entire new player argument shouldnt even be here to begin with.

Now, blade and soul was always a intense grind game, even before it released in EU/NA it was well known. So unless You enjoy the grinds, and play the game for fun, you will very likely quit, regardless what patches we get. If you base your gameplay on maxing items which you technically do not even need to max to clear all the content in the game, thats your priorities being off.

5 hours ago, blooash23 said:

Without doing daily challenges, how on earth they are going to earn gold slowly? Without gold how on earth to upgrade their stuff in this FREE-TO-PLAY GAME?

When I told them they need probably need 300 oils to catch up to latest soul/heart, and they see that 1 oil is 650g at market, and the previous event hardly gave them 1 oil per week (they are new player, only 1 character), they just think it is not worth to waste their life on this game, too late for them to catch up.

There are plenty ways to make very good gold in the game, and doing dailies is the least effective one. If your gold income is purely based on daily quests, you will not make any gold in the game unless you kill your joy with running multiple alts. Also again, a max soul is not required or even needed for any content and that includes ET.

8 minutes ago, ImoutoMaster said:

For example Awakening which is the biggest reason alot of people want a Classic or Private server. Community told them months before this is gonna destroy the game but it still came without changes to EU/NA or all thoose cost "reductions" if they played their game they would have seen that thoose are cost increases nowdays.

The thing is, players cant want anything but ultimately those who made the game decide which direction it goes. Sadly if they have a set vision on what and where they want to go with their product, players complaining will not change their mind. If that were the case we wouldnt be getting any content cause always someone complains about something.

4 hours ago, Grimoir said:

And yet...there are many players who has not spent a single $ on the game and have near max soul and end game gear....so.....

yes that is before, with more oils free from events, price of oils are cheaper.

If this event trend keeps going on, like this current event, you see if those f2p players can max their soul? You still trying to justify it?

4 hours ago, Grimoir said:

There are plenty ways to make very good gold in the game, and doing dailies is the least effective one. If your gold income is purely based on daily quests, you will not make any gold in the game unless you kill your joy with running multiple alts. Also again, a max soul is not required or even needed for any content and that includes ET.

HELLOW? I am new player, I have no raid let alone selling raid, i only know i can go to f8 and complete daily challenges to get some gold, but people keep kicking me from upper level dungeons that give more gold, hellow??? plenty of ways for new players????? hellow???? are you serious?

and don't always use argument that latest gear is not required to clear any content in game.

people play the game to excel and become strong.

you play a game, you want to be strong and get the best gear available, if not you play game for what?

if you dont aim to excel yourself in the game, why event bother to start this discussion about people complaining about the event that in the past is used by f2p players to excel in game.

Go ahead and keep trying to justify yourself, see if other people actually agree with you.

If 0 people actually agree with you, you probably should reflect on yourself. :3

Edited by blooash23

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Grimoir:

The thing is, players cant want anything but ultimately those who made the game decide which direction it goes. Sadly if they have a set vision on what and where they want to go with their product, players complaining will not change their mind. If that were the case we wouldnt be getting any content cause always someone complains about something.

The Problem with this statement is "Blade and soul" is profit oriantated. They wanna sell this game to their customers so they should appeal to customers needs instead of what they want. How it is right now its losing more and more income.

vor einer Stunde schrieb blooash23:

HELLOW? I am new player, I have no raid let alone selling raid, i only know i can go to f8 and complete daily challenges to get some gold, but people keep kicking me from upper level dungeons that give more gold, hellow??? plenty of ways for new players????? hellow???? are you serious?

Well there are enough ways to earn gold. In this example i assume you are doing your dailys every day and weekly every week.

1. Dayil

2. Weekly

3. 1v1

4. 3v3

5. 6v6

6. CBG

7. Getting into a clan who sells raids

8. SSP

9. Spaming the newest dungeon to earn gold from Legendary Drop

10. Playing the market

Thoose are just some there are probably alot more ways thou. If you already play alot of PVE just play PVP aswell its giving good gold but you are forced to PVE sadly. I dont even do daylis just weeklys and still i do like 6K a week. I log in for like 2 or 3 hours at max per day.

and don't always use argument that latest gear is not required to clear any content in game.

But he is right. I dont know a single person not accepting you to his/her raid just because you are at True Cosmic soul and not True whatever. You are not restricted by a soul or heart you simply need some AP and thats not a problem with the current gears ingame. Pet gem, Normal gems...........

you play a game, you want to be strong and get the best gear available, if not you play game for what?

Fun maybe ? For being part of a community ? There are alot of people who just play BNS to play with other people. Thoose are people which dont care about gear etc. they just enjoy running dungeons etc. with friends.

if you dont aim to excel yourself in the game, why event bother to start this discussion about people complaining about the event that in the past is used by f2p players to excel in game.

While we all agree this Event is trash and should be changed we already know what kind of dev we have so better make the best out of it they are not gonna change anything. Either quit cause this will happen in the next events aswell i am sure or live with it and make the best out of it.

If 0 people actually agree with you, you probably should reflect on yourself. :3

Sorry but this time i have to agree with him. Its not hard earning gold in this game and while Oils are nice in Events its not like new players are limited by this its still only like 10 oils till True Cosmic which is a pretty good soul already.

Its all about this

F2P = Must play 24/7 with Main and alternative characters, like literally other job.

P2W = Getting all they need with real money  to progression and other stuff they need forcing F2P trying to pay something to get their lvl (Mostly cant if they dont do "F2P" & "P2W")

Thats how "F2P" games markets works 

Nothing to discuss it's the reallity.

Regards.

Actually, the vial wouldn't be that much of a problem imo. Why? - you might ask. You need crystals for actually everything. A lot. By reducing the number of required crystals while increasing the oils count could be an advantage - since you use oil mostly for soul and 9->10 upgrade (I know that you need them for endgame but ssssh :D)

Imo the actual problem is that this event really sucks. Previously, you could easily get 10-20 vials from an event with casual playstyle. Now, (as a f2p non-premium player) the weekly gives you 12 hearts, 1 from login reward and 3 from daily challenge for a total of 40 hearts per 1 week (7 days). One single vial costs 83 hearts, so you need 2+ weeks for a single oil. This is insane.

1 hour ago, csisy said:

Actually, the vial wouldn't be that much of a problem imo. Why? - you might ask. You need crystals for actually everything. A lot. By reducing the number of required crystals while increasing the oils count could be an advantage - since you use oil mostly for soul and 9->10 upgrade (I know that you need them for endgame but ssssh :D)

Imo the actual problem is that this event really sucks. Previously, you could easily get 10-20 vials from an event with casual playstyle. Now, (as a f2p non-premium player) the weekly gives you 12 hearts, 1 from login reward and 3 from daily challenge for a total of 40 hearts per 1 week (7 days). One single vial costs 83 hearts, so you need 2+ weeks for a single oil. This is insane.

Its not a problem. Its just pointless. The first relevant soul on the whole tree is the True Tiger or Dragon.

From a super pointless soul (Hongmoon 1) to a pointless soul (Cosmic 5) you need to waste :

23 blackstone

3 sacred vial

840 soulstone crystal

210 moonstone crystal

840 sacred crystal

210 elysian crystal

330 gold

So there are 2 choice : either you buy the mastery bundle (nc want you to do this) or you flush all the mats down in toilet. And you still nowhere, because you will need :

55 sacred vial

34 blackstone

49 silver scale

2800 soulstone crystal

700 moonstone crystal

2800 sacred crystal

700 elysian crystal

1100 gold

At this point you are at a relevant point, at True Tiger or Dragon.. Still not True Bright or Everspark, or the new stuff. And its only 1 equip from 13.

Edited by KzE

vor 5 Minuten schrieb KzE:

Its not a problem. Its just pointless. The first relevant soul on the whole tree is the True Tiger or Dragon.

Awakend cosmic 5 is already a pretty good soul. I use one on my 2nd main SF and can run all dungeons. Without buffs I do about 2.6 Mio dps. This soul should be enough for a beginner and he should pref to get (buy) his tt accs and soulshields etc. :HajoonWow:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RyVerseLy said:

Awakend cosmic 5 is already a pretty good soul. I use one on my 2nd main SF and can run all dungeons. Without buffs I do about 2.6 Mio dps. This soul should be enough for a beginner and he should pref to get (buy) his tt accs and soulshields etc. :HajoonWow:

You dont get the point. I can run all dungeons even without soul. The point is not to waste materials on outdated things, but on relevant ones, like upgrading the TT accs, what you already mentioned.

• Like 2

My best soul was awakened Brightwill 1, second best awakened  tiger1, and i had  two souls around awakened cosmic  4-5 that I was looking to true cosmic when the soul changes were anounced. 

When I was leveling the awakened cosmic previous patch, and i hit 5 on one and the upgrade was suddenly 5 oils, I thought, "Wow, no oil usage  to  suddenly five, thats   kind of a big jump".  I can appreciate the gradual use of oils in the new patch (although I think the usage  in some places should  have  gone down some).

Not having the patch changes listed out specifically  was a bummer, going in blind to whether to  bump the second awakened cosmic  up  a  few levels  or wait for patch. I probably  would have boosted  them both to awakened cosmic 5 in hindsight.  Vial/Oil usage includes currently supremely  expensive evolved stones and limited tradable materials to produce  transformation stones, besides bound crystals.

Edited by ElectricPotato

7 hours ago, ImoutoMaster said:

The Problem with this statement is "Blade and soul" is profit oriantated. They wanna sell this game to their customers so they should appeal to customers needs instead of what they want. How it is right now its losing more and more income.

Well yes, but as with almost all other games the makers decide, whether it appeals to the players or not.

Fun maybe ? For being part of a community ? There are alot of people who just play BNS to play with other people. Thoose are people which dont care about gear etc. they just enjoy running dungeons etc. with friends.

Exactly, or even progress together at a steady pace while having fun.

While we all agree this Event is trash and should be changed we already know what kind of dev we have so better make the best out of it they are not gonna change anything. Either quit cause this will happen in the next events aswell i am sure or live with it and make the best out of it.

Yup its not well thought through i agree. Tho lets be a bit hopefull and see what happens.

8 hours ago, blooash23 said:

Go ahead and keep trying to justify yourself, see if other people actually agree with you.

In all honesty, i do not need people to agree with me or disagree with me. Everything posted on forums is just different views and opinions.  They fall in line with what others think or may not, but that does not automatically disqualify them. If i present my opinion to you i will tell you why i think so. It doesn't mean that's how it is and you are wrong. That would be a pretty shallow way of thinking.

3 hours ago, KzE said:

You dont get the point. I can run all dungeons even without soul. The point is not to waste materials on outdated things, but on relevant ones, like upgrading the TT accs, what you already mentioned.

Yes i agree with you, but thats the problem, most players focus too much on the soul, thinking thats super important, while in reality it isnt. It is a nice boost, but if you do not have the rest of the gear to support the damage output, the soul is pretty much a wasted upgrade.