The upcoming event is for whales only. My one easy solution to make this event appeal to all players!

Parzival1423

So I tried emailing support about this but they forwarded me here. Also anyone correct me if I’m wrong on any particular point. 

Basically, the event currency, Dark Hearts, are going to be given out VERY stingy to most casual players. Why? Because to get the max amount, an account would need to spend 70-80(Pearl rng) gold....PER DAY!! And you definitely need to fish every day to get the most out of the event. The 49 Hearts per week from fishing will be more than the daily chest and weeklies Combined every week. Now tell me how TF is a casual coming on to do their 4 dailies, Raven raid, weeklies, supposed to earn not just 80 gold in a week, which is reasonable enough. But 80 gold in a DAY!  That’s like 2400-2800 gold just on the fishing currency alone. PAYING for event currency too is very unusual.   
And this isn’t even taking into account, all the massive lost “opportunity cost” of not getting all the materials or even RNG chances for pet pods, instead of buying the hearts currency. Each heart costs more than a material bag! 

Ok Ok, so how do we fix this? What’s the easiest, simplest way to change the upcoming patch to make this even Actually rewarding to all players? DIVIDE THE COST BY 10. Knock off a 0. 180 pearls per Heart. That’s it. Nothing special. Just let the fishing cost per day go from 70, to 7gold. Suddenly, casuals can do 1 daily and pay for it. There’s still the opportunity cost of loosing out on like 30 bags of upgrade materials by the end of the event. But it still feels much more acceptable on a day to day basis of grinding for the event. 

Please upvote this, whatever, say a comment, give your opinion. We need a dev or community manager to see this!. I’m just trying to say the first thing that came to my mind which was: Um, is that 1800 a glitch? Don’t they mean 180?  

Please. Make this a good event, check your code, take off a 0. That’ll be it, that’s all you have to do, at minimum. 

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Parzival1423 said:

supposed to earn not just 80 gold in a week, which is reasonable enough. But 80 gold in a DAY! 

not even sure where you were going with this. You can earn a bare minimum of 100g a day by doing dailies. If you sell the tradables earned from those daily runs or get a lucky drop or two and the bids go right, that can be bumped up to like 500g. There's plenty of gold, regardless if scammy event or not.

Bare minimum is doing the 4 dailies for the event chest, IMO. How many dailies are you expecting casuals to be running every single day? And how hard of a dungeons does that include? Sure, whales and hardcore daily players will be running Hangar 0 with their premade but it’s hard to find a smooth group in LFG of dungeons above like, SSTemple.

Well, basically most people do this to get oils... if we use all that gold to "fish" and "buy event currency", from 4 weeks of event, 49x4 = 196 = 2 oils -> better save the gold and buy 4-5 oils from market.

i'll skip this event for real... even for premium members it's a must to fish in order to have enough to buy oils(main reward from it to me), imagine for players whose don't have premium annd r casual...

14 hours ago, Parzival1423 said:

Bare minimum is doing the 4 dailies for the event chest, IMO. How many dailies are you expecting casuals to be running every single day? And how hard of a dungeons does that include?

Non of the dungeons are any difficult on easy mode, since you can't wipe to mechanics. If your gear is not great it takes a bit longer to kill the bosses but thats it, the only problem is TSD because people only do burst and skip mechs ( you need 9.5 million dps to burst the boss)

I mostly ignore the lower dungeons now because they give so little gold today, (hollow heart, Starstone mines)

If you fish anyway for materials good for you, i wont do it because i don't need materials from fishing and i am not willing to leave my PC running all day when i am at work.

Edited by Arohk

On 2/13/2020 at 11:38 PM, EasleyRR said:

Well, basically most people do this to get oils... if we use all that gold to "fish" and "buy event currency", from 4 weeks of event, 49x4 = 196 = 2 oils -> better save the gold and buy 4-5 oils from market.

i'll skip this event for real... even for premium members it's a must to fish in order to have enough to buy oils(main reward from it to me), imagine for players whose don't have premium annd r casual...

Actually it’s 5 weeks not 4. Even worse! :P Thank you though for getting the idea. Only the hardcore can play the event because they have the money for that Much fish bait, but even if you want to, that means leaving your PC on constantly, and missing out on spending that money elsewhere directly.  

can anyone tell me if ANY event in the past made you pay gold for the event currency not just time grinding?

Edited by Parzival1423

No response, no changes made like cases in the past. So that means not so urgent enough.

no choice but to skip this.

electricity cost is so high to fish for 4-5hours a day just to get 1 oil per week, at the cost of paying more than half of the price of the oil at market.

ridiculous event, not sure whoever comes up with this event is really ******************

Nah, the next event is good for us whales because it allows us to take a break from the game. Most whales are going to skip the event and only log in for their weekly ET/TT raids. The time (and especially gold) required for this event to get oils or pet packs are just not worth it compared to previous events.

On 13/2/2020 at 10:02 PM, Parzival1423 said:

So I tried emailing support about this but they forwarded me here. Also anyone correct me if I’m wrong on any particular point. 

Basically, the event currency, Dark Hearts, are going to be given out VERY stingy to most casual players. Why? Because to get the max amount, an account would need to spend 70-80(Pearl rng) gold....PER DAY!! And you definitely need to fish every day to get the most out of the event. The 49 Hearts per week from fishing will be more than the daily chest and weeklies Combined every week. Now tell me how TF is a casual coming on to do their 4 dailies, Raven raid, weeklies, supposed to earn not just 80 gold in a week, which is reasonable enough. But 80 gold in a DAY!  That’s like 2400-2800 gold just on the fishing currency alone. PAYING for event currency too is very unusual.   
And this isn’t even taking into account, all the massive lost “opportunity cost” of not getting all the materials or even RNG chances for pet pods, instead of buying the hearts currency. Each heart costs more than a material bag! 

Ok Ok, so how do we fix this? What’s the easiest, simplest way to change the upcoming patch to make this even Actually rewarding to all players? DIVIDE THE COST BY 10. Knock off a 0. 180 pearls per Heart. That’s it. Nothing special. Just let the fishing cost per day go from 70, to 7gold. Suddenly, casuals can do 1 daily and pay for it. There’s still the opportunity cost of loosing out on like 30 bags of upgrade materials by the end of the event. But it still feels much more acceptable on a day to day basis of grinding for the event. 

Please upvote this, whatever, say a comment, give your opinion. We need a dev or community manager to see this!. I’m just trying to say the first thing that came to my mind which was: Um, is that 1800 a glitch? Don’t they mean 180?  

Please. Make this a good event, check your code, take off a 0. That’ll be it, that’s all you have to do, at minimum. 

Simple solution, don't fish. Don't do it, we don't want slacking rewards, why do you think they push the event like this? So ppl use this feature, so just don't do it, don't fish, don't participate, when they see the numbers they'll understand we don't want fishing, period.

• Like 1

On 15/02/2020 at 1:01 PM, Parzival1423 said:

Actually it’s 5 weeks not 4. Even worse! :P Thank you though for getting the idea. Only the hardcore can play the event because they have the money for that Much fish bait, but even if you want to, that means leaving your PC on constantly, and missing out on spending that money elsewhere directly.  

can anyone tell me if ANY event in the past made you pay gold for the event currency not just time grinding?

I don't remember an event like this before, not during the time i was very active(i just back to play again 5 months ago).

Best thing u do is skip this event, just do the casual weekly and dailies on main character, don't fish, it will be waste of gold, cause u'll use like 500g per week and that amount u wont get a oil, better +100g to it and get oil from market.

2 hours ago, luzt said:

To celebrate that we fixed a bug after 1 month we are forcing  you to fish on every character a few hours a day!

No thanks o/

LOL this is so true.

so bad of them to design this, 4 to 5 hours EVERY DAY of fishing just for event... and yet the bait is not free at all....

Cant understand why they want to do this.... totally waste of time and gold... will just buy the oil from market and save my electricity...

On 2/16/2020 at 6:32 AM, CookiesNmilk said:

Nah, the next event is good for us whales because it allows us to take a break from the game. Most whales are going to skip the event and only log in for their weekly ET/TT raids. The time (and especially gold) required for this event to get oils or pet packs are just not worth it compared to previous events.

You are right, definitely will skip this event, Because its not about the gold amount which is easy to get from just vt, its about the time it takes to do the event. They probably haven't realize this but we don't have all the time in the world to fish on 4-5 alts to get 49 tokens per week that is ludicrous. They really need to rethink this event or make the scared vial cheaper.

Between the horrible hunter's refuge and now this event.... it is as if they just don't care about the non credit card warriors. 

To be honest, whomever is coming up with these lackluster events is so far beyond out of touch with the player base.  I have been around since the first beta. I have played almost every day since.  In the last 6 months, this game has gone downhill so fast and so far. 

Most everyone I know has left the game.  It is becoming a chore just to log in.   

I tried hunter's refuge.  I got into the area only twice.  Both times I got killed almost instantly.  Never even got a chance to kill anything.  All that time wasted trying to get into something and got nothing from the event.  

It just keeps getting worse and worse.  Sad,  because I do love the game.  

Edited by SnugglesFairie
typo

2 hours ago, SnugglesFairie said:

Between the horrible hunter's refuge and now this event.... it is as if they just don't care about the non credit card warriors. 

To be honest, whomever is coming up with these lackluster events is so far beyond out of touch with the player base.  I have been around since the first beta. I have played almost every day since.  In the last 6 months, this game has gone downhill so fast and so far. 

Most everyone I know has left the game.  It is becoming a chore just to log in.   

I tried hunter's refuge.  I got into the area only twice.  Both times I got killed almost instantly.  Never even got a chance to kill anything.  All that time wasted trying to get into something and got nothing from the event.  

It just keeps getting worse and worse.  Sad,  because I do love the game.  

I tried hunter's refuge, and i got chased out by some clan saying that it is their farming area.

They farm gold so easily and ruin the F9 sales, and yet no change made as the company has no authority to do so (Korea dev refused to change it or something based on the info from RU server).

• NCSOFT
On 2/13/2020 at 1:02 PM, Parzival1423 said:

I just want to say regardless of how many replies a post has it's going to be read by us here on the forums regardless. That being said, we asked the development team to lower the amount of Pearls needed for the Dark Hearts but they felt no adjustments were needed. Please continue to share feedback and we'll make sure it's forwarded up. 

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Cyan said:

I just want to say regardless of how many replies a post has it's going to be read by us here on the forums regardless. That being said, we asked the development team to lower the amount of Pearls needed for the Dark Hearts but they felt no adjustments were needed. Please continue to share feedback and we'll make sure it's forwarded up. 

Thanks.

Easy solution : put 5 Dark Hearts into F10 every day for free.

1800 pearls for 1 heart, it's a bad joke right ?! ^^;

Have to use all PO gained on one day (during weeks!!),only for buying baits for event's tokens, it's just insane, it's a really, really, really bad idea! :/

It's not an event, it's an extortion!

I'll pass, no thanks.

5 hours ago, Cyan said:

Thanks.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=willie+hears+ya+willie+don't+care&view=detail&mid=96D9CC50A4BE44FA526F96D9CC50A4BE44FA526F&FORM=VIRE