Another art theft.... please pay attention

Asuramon

https://static.bladeandsoul.com/uploads/articles/images/2020-contest/20122020-LSAC-104.jpg

Versus: https://i.imgur.com/uU4K6tU.mp4

The contestant blatantly traced and copied the pose, theme and just about everything else from original art made by chinese artist 2 years ago, and only mirrored it. Source: https://www.artstation.com/sanhuahua

Please disqualify him/her immediately, as it's clearly against the rules which state that it "must be your own original work - any designs that violate a copyright or someone else’s intellectual property will be disqualified."

Thanks to poster on reddit for pointing this out, but it also needs to be posted here

Edited by Asuramon

Ummm...that piece of artwork looks radically different from the original. The only thing I can agree with you on is the pose, Everything else is seriously transformed from the original picture, from the overall mood to the character put on the there.

You can't exactly steal a pose or a concept like "gunslinger".  If you want to see what stolen art looks like might I recommend you check out all the art theft going on in Disney Star Wars as there's plenty of great examples.

56 minutes ago, ARC-1276 said:

Ummm...that piece of artwork looks radically different from the original. The only thing I can agree with you on is the pose, Everything else is seriously transformed from the original picture, from the overall mood to the character put on the there.

You can't exactly steal a pose or a concept like "gunslinger".  If you want to see what stolen art looks like might I recommend you check out all the art theft going on in Disney Star Wars as there's plenty of great examples.

The issue is that the BNS submission is clearly traced. The artist must have overlayed the original image to copy everything; and you can also see how the skin (clear example on legs) are painted the exact same. Referencing a pose is fine as long as its not blatant tracing, however, this is tracing. This makes part of the drawing completely unoriginal because it used someone else's "intellectual property" (violation of contest rules) to directly make the art. Not only is the pose the same, but the entire composition too. General lighting, angle, etc.. even the flying bullets..!
Though I agree how it's not exactly "art theft" 

The original piece is obviously different. The issue is how it was used to make the contest submission.

Edited by LANova26

Oh that's blatantly traced. LMAOOOO

THE LEGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bruh...even her breasts are the literal same size as the original ldsjfljkf THE BULLETS FLYING FROM THE GUN

Ok so that's art theft. If you've never seen what art theft looks like, this is it. This is the perfect example. It's literally traced and then they just drew different clothes on it and colored it differently. It's like if I traced Mickey Mouse but made his ears green and called him Macky Moose....like girl, thats still Mickey Mouse!!!!!!!!!!!

I know it can be hard to tell when someone's stealing something because there is a plethora of art out there, especially on sites like pixv or konachan or wherever else big wallpapery ones come from-but if one sneaks by, you gotta nip it all the same. So it wasn't as obvious as Mickey Mouse, but it was still a tracing nonetheless. And unless you wanna change the rules to "you can trace and recolor other peoples art too, thats fine"  unless you wanna let EVERYONE do that from the jump?! You gotta take that person out.

*Edit - and before I see some geeky "no that isnt art theft" oh yes it is!! Tell me how thatd make you feel if you spent hours getting a perspective drawn just right just for some ugly to run up, trace it, and get a reward for it. It's one thing if you're tracing for clout, but if you're tracing for a PRIZE?? Honey you better split that reward with the person who's back you just jumped off of to go claim it!! Dude only drew some eyes, the rest was just playing coloring book!! lmaoo

Edited by Showta
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Faythz said:

I think tracing has never been considered against the rules. We had the same kind of thing appear last year and nothing was done about it.

Tracing is violating intellectual property, which is against the rules. Not exactly sure what happened with the last contest so I wont comment on that.

Just wondering if the original artist, this guy called San Hua gets to know that his art was altered for a Loading Screen in a game company, without his concern, What he could do? :sweat: Because this is not matter of tracing or such his art was basically altered his original art was flipped horizontally and basically painted over. 

• Like 1