Game won't start or closes without error

Yello1234

Hello!

I haven't played since about 2017 when a patch dropped my fps from low to unplayable, which was already very nice back then. Now i have a new computer and wanted to try again and find myself in the following ritual everytime: start launcher -> press play > game doesn't start, launcher closes anyway > start launcher again > press play again > with some luck game starts now (and takes an eternity to load compared to other, more recent games) -> start playing -> after about 2-5 min game closes without error or anything > curse at screen > start launcher and game for third time (if lucky) -> play as long as i want.

what is wrong with this game? i play lots of mmos and never saw issues like this. And according to my research i'm not the only one - by far. Internet is full of ppl with issues like this and some even make heavy changes to their system in order to make this game work. It is a ridiculous state of a game. At least i did not spend any money on it so far. Oh boy would i be furious!

Ok, enough rant. I have a new, clean windows 10 system with a gtx 1660 super, ryzen 3600, MSI B450M Pro Mainboard and 16 GB DDR4 Ram. No anti-virus programm. All new updates and drivers.

Can somebody give me some advice or hints? Can i provide more info for solving the problem?

The thing is i really like this game, despite bad optimisation and want to give it another shot, so any advice would be appreciated.

2 hours ago, Yello1234 said:

As far as I can see, I'm using the 64bit Client. The only hint i can see is that the box that says "use 32bit client" is not ticked.

Ok, now the standard things:

1. disable Windows FTH

2. Disable Bluetooth

3. Make sure your GPU is set in the control panel and physx processor.

4. Add the game folder as exception to windows defender.

Edited by Grimoir

i do not have any bluetooth on this system so the option isn't even there. I added the folder as exception and it seems to do something. I was able to start the game first try and it did not close. But i didn'd start and exit the game often, so it might have been luck.

I also have a strange fps problem: settings are max and my system can handle it without effort as the monitoring on task manager indicates. But i still have between 35-45 fps always. this is new and lowering graphics settings does not increase fps, which is strange.

So i would like to try your other suggestions but you need to elaborate: FTH? what does that mean? What do you mean by "GPU is set in the control panel"? set how? and what to do in/with physx processor.

Any further ideas maybe regarding the fps issue?

Also thx very much so far for your effort! I think it could be a great game when it finally runs smoothly as it should. :)

FTH is a windows thing that causes quite some issues its main use if for apps compatibility.

This article should help you:

https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000678431-windows-enabled-fault-tolerant-heap-for-3dsmax-or-dependent-processes-this-may-have-severe-perform

As for the other part.

When you open nvidia control panel there on the left should be the graphic options in one of them there is a setting called "physx processor" you can either choose your CPU in there or GPU. Choose your GPU.

Make sure that under options in game the FPS slider is maxed so your FPS isnt capped.

1 minute ago, Yello1234 said:

thx, i actually did lower fps slider from 100 to 80 before this happened.

As for FTH: after reading the article i wonder if i should exclude BnS from FTH or disable it all together? Are there any side effekts to this?

I have it disabled and did not notice any issues on my system. You can always add bns as exception from both 32 and 64 bit client and see if that helps before disabling it.