Will XML editing be possible after today's patch?

Vexthal

Will XML editing be possible after today's patch?

If it is still allowed, what is the point of leader boards then?

When some players go and edit the file to remove frames, add attacks or what ever, to increase the damage by absurd amounts!

What is the point for "normal" players to try and rank then?

Make the game fair for all!

Edited by Vexthal

Yeah i already read that, which is why i ask, since it doesnt say anything about xml editing.

Theres plenty of whales that dont xml edit, that want to rank on leader boards too, what does that even have to with getting a fair game for all.

Besides going for rankings, it also affect casual play in arenas and battlegrounds, where xml editors have unfair advantages over legit players.

Its basicly cheating.

Edited by Vexthal

1 hour ago, Grimoir said:

Seems they did fix the xml edits. Unless it can be bypassed you cannot do it anymore. So lets see how many players quit now because the game is unplayable for them ^^

If they really did something to prevent the XML Editing I AM GLAD FOR THAT!, people always talk about QoL (quality of life) edits like instant opening boxes, instant transmutes,etc. I think everybody can live without it lol in fact i dont think everyone is using it btw.

That QoL crap is just an excuse to modify the game's default skills layout just check this forum out https://www.bnsbuddy.com/forums/bnsbuddy-addons-xml.49/ , That is not fair for people that just want to play the game honestly.

Just now, LilyPipy said:

If they really did something to prevent the XML Editing I AM GLAD FOR THAT!, people always talk about QoL (quality of life) edits like instant opening boxes, instant transmutes,etc. I think everybody can live without it lol in fact i dont think everyone is using it btw.

That QoL crap is just an excuse to modify the game's default skills layout just check this forum out https://www.bnsbuddy.com/forums/bnsbuddy-addons-xml.49/ , That is not fair for people that just want to play the game honestly.

Actually the instant transmute / box opening was amazing and saved you a ton of time, that was why players used it.

Rebinding keys was easier to do with an edit, but you dont need to edit an xml to reassign your keys to ones you prefer.

As for the edits that remove skills from simple mode or the archer / bm ones i agree they should be blocked.

• Like 1

This forum is basically a cesspool. This thread is proof of that.

Almost everyone edited XML files for convenience to bypass idiotic game designs, not to "cheat". I can personally barely see myself playing this game actively without the instant Transmutation/Box Opening/Upgrades/Salvaging and I don't know why on earth the developers thought it would be fun (well, probably to generate a similar addiction effect to slot machines, very healthy game!) to have to needlessly wait 3 seconds when you need to open boxes and salvage items all the time. It's plain ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤. I've been swearing at this game since I swapped over to the NC Launcher this weekend since it took so long to clear my inventory after doing my daily quests.

In other words, any active player in Blade & Soul uses some sort of client editing to make their experience better. That means if something like BnsBuddy is done for, so is most of the game. Hell, cause of third party launchers, we could finally stop crashing in Battlegrounds. Holy hell. I can't express the pure distaste I have for NCWEST as a company. A third-party developer fixed the infamous crash issue in Battlegrounds while the team of monkeys behind this game couldn't even find what the issue was, and even after they fixed your incompetent development team's faults, you have done absolutely nothing to replicate their fix. Hell, now that the cause of the issue is out there, maybe you could even find the underlying issue? Was that ever a train of thoughts at anyone in your office?

I'm guessing encrypting XML and DAT files means we can still use mods to fix the issue, just without the convenience of doing it with a simple click, but this feels more like a big finger to the community. Rather than messing the game up more than it already is, just enable a simple skill check? Why on earth does the server allow the client to use any skill it likes to in the first place?

Client modifications were the only thing making this game playable for so many. Put in proper effort into the server-side of things rather than have more people stop playing the game.

43 minutes ago, Edensia said:

BNSBuddy already found a workaround. Hackers will be back in no time. Time to remove the .xml from the players...

Reddit Post

not a popular opinion but is time for NCS to ban BNSBuddy.

i know ppl will start with the excuses of i need for performance. but that program only helps cheaters and makes NCS job of dealing with this problem more difficult.

So NCS do your job fix the game and ban BNSBuddy or this fiesta it will never end

il y a 8 minutes, LilyFU a dit :

i know ppl will start with the excuses of i need for performance. but that program only helps cheaters and makes NCS job of dealing with this problem more difficult.

So NCS do your job fix the game and ban BNSBuddy or this fiesta it will never end

Real Cheater will find another way, don t worry for them.

The open box & quick transmute, i ll use because this game, to the view of the dev, is "make all to have people loose time on this game" with stupid 1Km corridor with nothing to do but run to get to next spot, etc etc . They certainly know what is annoying to the player, but as long as we keep willing to play (and pay!), they keep those bullshit thing.

2 hours ago, LilyFU said:

None need buddy to edit xml.(maybe who isn't used to it, will find buddy easier to edit it)

First time i used it, didnt really needed buddy, i started using buddy like 4 months ago.

There has some interesting features that NCsoft could add to the client, fast opening box/transmute, see dps meter anywhere, the battleground fix(this one help alot of ppl who like pvp).

Edited by EasleyRR

People blame bnsbuddy but yeah at this point you should know that this goes far more than a simple dude glitching skills , there must be a lot of cheats/glitchs out there but people isnt streaming about it like XMLAndy (He broke the new patches 9 hours ago).

Get over it and wait until cheaters glitch gold and start trading people on mushin 100k gold so we can actually play the game.

Im pretty sure there is gold glitches actually , people sell gold for real money duh.

3 hours ago, Dripsz said:

People blame bnsbuddy but yeah at this point you should know that this goes far more than a simple dude glitching skills , there must be a lot of cheats/glitchs out there but people isnt streaming about it like XMLAndy (He broke the new patches 9 hours ago).

Get over it and wait until cheaters glitch gold and start trading people on mushin 100k gold so we can actually play the game.

Im pretty sure there is gold glitches actually , people sell gold for real money duh.

BnS buddy has nothing to do with it. 10 seconds on google and you can find 15 software programs that can let you edit the xml.

People just attack bnsbuddy because that is more conveniant for them without knowing what it actually does.

BnS buddy only has an option to enable / disable xml edits that are actually created / made in other programs, thats all it does.

problem is bnsbuddy admin not do some script key ppl to not use rip mods, but to be true how many ppl now play bns ? online ppl, so compare maybe is 4-5k online or more and 3k use bnsbuddy, i am gunner and i don't need all this but just think, after i read all comments, whale don't use bnsbuddy, you seriously ? 95% all whale use, problem is many classes what don't have normal easy mode, and normal is not more dps but not proper skill use, like bd/sum/bm light/.... , so only with addon you can fix, not increase ms or other this don't need just to fix anicancel of all class on easy mode.

if Ncsoft fix easy mode, update open box time , and after block data editing will be great