Exploiting Game Mechanics Outside of Intended Usage

Cyan

1 hour ago, ShortPoorUgry said:

Can the mistakenly banned players get compensation? We were not being able to play the game for a whole weekend night, and many people cannot attend their raid/disconnected during their Scarlet Conservatory raid. The mistakenly banned people should get some compensation for themselves.

I agree. because of the acts of a few the many suffered. Both people who were banned and their raid teams. My own team was too afraid to even try boss 3 this week and might still be hesitant. The knowledge that you are aware of your mistakes does comfort me but would still like some apology gift. It would help repair the faith in your player base even just a little. (which at this point is already at a breaking point)

2 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Very likely because your videos or screenshots are worth 0 as evidence. They are fine to file a report but unless NC can detect it in their logs and have undoubtful proof from the logs then they can issue bans, if they cannot find solid log evidence, they cannot ban anyone.

Whenever there is a ban there has to be 100%, undeniable proof from logs, player videos or screenshots are not seen as 100% undeniable evidence

The fact that you keep mentioning logs means that they don't have the tools to detect this sort of XML edit and therefore YOUR comment might just as well inspire more people to use the archer charge up cancelling addon. ^^ Be careful of what you say when you white knight. 

vor 16 Minuten schrieb Rafiableh:

The fact that you keep mentioning logs means that they don't have the tools to detect this sort of XML edit

That means that they want to look into the logs to proof that this definitely happend before taking action. They definitely have the tools... they just need to use it.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Cyan:

Over the weekend, we had an issue where players took advantage of third-party programs to exploit the game by using game mechanics outside of its intended usage.

Just over the weekend? xD

MANY players reported and showed you guys many things over the years what people are exploiting... some people abused them, made guides how to use the exploits, shared them, etc. and even THIS GUYS are NOT punished. They still play the game and continue using cheats and other XML stuff. xD Hard to take you serious here.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Cyan:

We’ve also banned a few accounts that took advantage of the exploit. If you believe your account was mistakenly banned, please contact us via our Customer Support site.

And now ban the people who used: 

the Cathedra Cliffs eploit... and all the XML edit that people sent you to get advantages in rankings/battlegrounds/arena and so on...

There are SO MUCH edits... that LOCKING the XML would be the best way to prevent people from continuing using this. They are still using them and they dont stop until you stop them.

Every additional day you are waiting is another day where people like this used exploits/cheats/XML edit for their advantages and the playerbase will see how this company care about cheats. I mean i only have to look at the last years to see that..

I feel so dumb that i sent you all the things and wasted hundreds of hours of my lifetime just to see that the playerbase needed an XML edit like this together with other cheats to finally provoke a reaction from you.

I really hope that this "fix" isn't the only action you take. Otherwise i will stop reporting and i would totally understand why people start to use other things just beacuse you dont care about this topic like you did in the past.

You could always remove the third boss mechanic that requires this particular demon roll?

If it's not in the game and someone still uses it then your filter would at least be able to pick it up and ban the person that's responsible and you also have hunters refuge that will be opening soon, this will be a PVP area ( so arena/moon refuge-based for two hours ) and you don't need to wear uniform to kill people (won't your current filter ban people because of this?)

Edited by DemonSeed29

6 hours ago, Hero Blade said:

@Cyan can you pls confirm if changing on XML for ranking (pvp -cbg ) and ( toi - solo dungeon - dungeon challenge  ) record it's ban or not ?

thx , and really waiting your replay

i also really hope they are going to address this bs together with the hack, its completely unfair that people are able to remove frames from their attacks etc. to rank on leader boards, to a point, where legit players can't compete at all.

Its so infuriating, knowing that it has been going on for a long time and that nothing has been done, even though people reported it.

Edited by Vexthal

9 hours ago, Rafiableh said:

The fact that you keep mentioning logs means that they don't have the tools to detect this sort of XML edit and therefore YOUR comment might just as well inspire more people to use the archer charge up cancelling addon. ^^ Be careful of what you say when you white knight. 

Has nothing to do with white knighting its a simple fact. There are edits which are detectable and ones which are only local / client sided which are not (those are mainly the QoL ones).

I am pretty sure they do have some tools, but i think they do not have all the tools they would need / should have.

As per your example, the archer one and the BM one should be fixed / blocked and players punished by temp bans and a removal from any ranking boards.

• Like 1

Thanks for the announcement Justin.

Could you fill us in on the exact scope of which accounts are deemed to take advantage of the exploits? Did your previous stance on client configurations (that doesn't grant unintended gameplay advantages) change any, by which I mean altering things to, for example, remove the Transmute animation, remove countdown for opening Chests/Boxes/Pouches, or enhance performance by measures like the DirectX912pxy and disabling class skill animations?

I think a lot of us, me included, are scared to change anything now. Performance without any adjustment was quite horrific when raiding this Wednesday.

Thanks in advance!

I simply can't see why ANY sort of xml editing should be allowed, at all.  It's so stupid that the community has to guess at was is allowed and what isn't.  Just lock the damn thing and lets get back to a semblance of fair play.

Will XML editing be possible after today's patch? If so, what is the point of leader boards then?

When some players go and edit the file to remove frames, add attacks or what ever, to increase the damage by absurd amounts!

What is the point for "normal" players to try and rank then?

Edited by Vexthal

good Job Ncsoft <3 i totally  agree with you   removing all those xml editing stuff , a step in the right direction.

thanks.

this xml edit ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ went really 2 far in ladder manipulation and arena .

Just putting up vids by two of our famous Youtubers Eckogen and kerropi so as to get the message out

as

For now, to all players, best is to lay low and avoid any possible ban flags, such fishing and ET until this crap blows over.

And finally to NCSoft, I didn't think trust in you could sink any lower, but once more you've proven me, and a large amount of player base, extremely wrong. Seriously, get your s*** together and stop making things miserable for people who aren't even involved in this mess and communicate the mess promptly. If even Eckogen, who I regard as an incredible level-headed player is dropping f-bombs, then something definitely needs to be re-looked at in your entire management system.

• Hime unpinned this topic