Exploiting Game Mechanics Outside of Intended Usage

Cyan

• NCSOFT

Hello all,

Over the weekend, we had an issue where players took advantage of third-party programs to exploit the game by using game mechanics outside of its intended usage. This resulted in players being killed by other players while fishing, etc. This is a high priority issue, and with your reports, we’ve sent all available information to the development team for an immediate fix, which we expect to go live as soon as possible.

We’ve also banned a few accounts that took advantage of the exploit. If you believe your account was mistakenly banned, please contact us via our Customer Support site.

Thank you for all your reports regarding this exploit. While we are implementing a fix, we are actively monitoring the exploit and will continue to ban accounts associated with it. We will post an update to this issue as soon as more information becomes available.

Thank you for your patience.

• Like 1

False positive bans have definitely happened. Please be swift in addressing those.

Also I'd like to note that it is not the fault of third-party programs. Client modification (the main culprit of the situation) is possible without those programs, and so the third party programs in particular should not be blamed or disallowed. It is just a fault with how data is read and sent, and an oversight by the main developers.

Thank you for the notice.

Edited by Darksma
  • Like 2

"While we are implementing a fix, we are actively monitoring the exploit and will continue to ban accounts associated with it. We will post an update to this issue as soon as more information becomes available."

How is this going to affect those of us who raid? For example, are you still going to be banning people who use 4 in demon form on Dowager?

• NCSOFT
3 minutes ago, Darksma said:

False positive bans have definitely happened. Please be swift in addressing those.

Also I'd like to note that it is not the fault of third-party programs. Client modification (the main culprit of the situation) is possible without those programs, and so the third party programs should not be blamed or disallowed.

All of the false-positives have been addressed and everyone should be able to log in normally. If for any reason that's not possible we ask to contact out Support Department and they address the situation.

2 minutes ago, Hyeonli said:

"While we are implementing a fix, we are actively monitoring the exploit and will continue to ban accounts associated with it. We will post an update to this issue as soon as more information becomes available."

How is this going to affect those of us who raid? For example, are you still going to be banning people who use 4 in demon form on Dowager?

No one should have any issues participating in the raids normally. Anyone worried about it should feel safe as we have updated some of our information.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb realLaw:

How come there are players that were reported with proof still not banned?

I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR AN ANSWER TO THIS... I wasted SO MUCH time reporting ppl with videos etc and NOTHING happend... these people still play

Edited by CrazyDude90

Can the mistakenly banned players get compensation? We were not being able to play the game for a whole weekend night, and many people cannot attend their raid/disconnected during their Scarlet Conservatory raid. The mistakenly banned people should get some compensation for themselves.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, CrazyDude90 said:

I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR AN ANSWER TO THIS... I wasted SO MUCH time reporting ppl with videos etc and NOTHING happend... these people still play

Very likely because your videos or screenshots are worth 0 as evidence. They are fine to file a report but unless NC can detect it in their logs and have undoubtful proof from the logs then they can issue bans, if they cannot find solid log evidence, they cannot ban anyone.

Whenever there is a ban there has to be 100%, undeniable proof from logs, player videos or screenshots are not seen as 100% undeniable evidence

• Like 1

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Grimoir:

Very likely because your videos or screenshots are worth 0 as evidence. They are fine to file a report but unless NC can detect it in their logs and have undoubtful proof from the logs then they can issue bans, if they cannot find solid log evidence, they cannot ban anyone.

Whenever there is a ban there has to be 100%, undeniable proof from logs, player videos or screenshots are not seen as 100% undeniable evidence

You mean videos where people explain exploits? or videos where people use the instant stormbolt where you can see that the animation is canceled thanks to XML? You mean the hunderts of line is showed them what they would need to change to reach this?

Go defend the XML abuser on other forums... people already know whats possible and many others reported with REAL proofs that cant be denied... they simply ignored it.

3 minutes ago, CrazyDude90 said:

You mean videos where people explain exploits? or videos where people use the instant stormbolt where you can see that the animation is canceled thanks to XML? You mean the hunderts of line is showed them what they would need to change to reach this?

Go defend the XML abuser on other forums... people already know whats possible and many others reported with REAL proofs that cant be denied... they simply ignored it.

It doesnt matter what the video gives / shows /explains. It is not something that can be used as ultimate evidence to ban someone, thats what i am saying. Anything you report needs to have 100% backup with game logs, because data from the logs is solid, untampered proof.

I am not defending any abusers, i am simply stating to you that unless your videos are 100% backed up by data from logs, a player cannot be banned based on them.

Edited by Grimoir
  • Like 1

vor 12 Minuten schrieb Grimoir:

It doesnt matter what the video gives / shows /explains. It is not something that can be used as ultimate evidence to ban someone, thats what i am saying. Anything you report needs to have 100% backup with game logs, because data from the logs is solid, untampered proof.

I am not defending any abusers, i am simply stating to you that unless your videos are 100% backed up by data from logs, a player cannot be banned based on them.

everyone can get banned and do you know why? because you dont have rights on your account. they have the right to close/ban whatever your account even when you did nothing wrong. You could complain how much you want... its their right.... and in this case THEIR DUTY to do something against this persons.

There is a reason why they said: break rules -> you lose your account. Read the ToS. ty

@Cyan Is it possible to do a complete reset on current F11 rankings? As the challenge mode ranking (100% confirmed) and most likely the top 10 in most rankings such as Battlegrounds, Tower of Infinity and Arena also used those XML explots? Those exploiters might be punished or will never reach those rankings again since they won't use these exploits in the future, but what about now? They will get unfairely claimed rewards and basicly screw over other normal playing players (as they have been doing for 2yrs alrrdy).

On the topic of Exploits of 3th party software, Can you fix the Spectral BM 4th hit of falling star not registering any damage? This is a gamebreaking bug for spectral BMs and is basicly needed to be disabled by software like BNS Buddy to fully take advantage of this spec. This bug was reported over 100 times at the release of Spectral BM but was never adressed at all... Blade Masters therefore sought "refugee" from mods like the BNS Buddy ones to fix the bugs you dont adress...

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, realLaw said:

How come there are players that were reported with proof still not banned yet?

Because support is too lazy to so something, all they do is copy paste a response and close the ticket.

Been like that for so long, they already destroyed this game long ago

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CrazyDude90 said:

everyone can get banned and do you know why? because you dont have rights on your account. they have the right to close/ban whatever your account even when you did nothing wrong. You could complain how much you want... its their right.... and in this case THEIR DUTY to do something against this persons.

There is a reason why they said: break rules -> you lose your account. Read the ToS. ty

No they cannot. If they would ban someone based only on a player screenshot or video, regardless if they have all rights on an account or not, if you get a lawyer they are in deep trouble. thats why they always are required to have 100% log evidence.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

No they cannot. If they would ban someone based only on a player screenshot or video, regardless if they have all rights on an account or not, if you get a lawyer they are in deep trouble. thats why they always are required to have 100% log evidence.

Keep defending things that destroy the game... enough games that do ban you just with video or screenshot evidence.

Or for doing something on your livestream.

Like any lawyer gonna take some cheating kid serious.. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RandomBronzeFM said:

Keep defending things that destroy the game... enough games that do ban you just with video or screenshot evidence.

Or for doing something on your livestream.

Like any lawyer gonna take some cheating kid serious.. 

Has nothing to do with defending anyone. If they would ban solely based on a video or screenshot sent in by a player you can easily tamper with that and make it look like someone is breaking rules, or it can be a desync problem on your end or any number of reasons. thats why log evidence is the only accurate evidence used in bans because there is nothing that can undermine it. Or would you rather someone sends in a perfectly edited screenshot of you or a fake video and get you banned permanently?

• Like 1

Gerade eben schrieb Grimoir:

Has nothing to do with defending anyone. If they would ban solely based on a video or screenshot sent in by a player you can easily tamper with that and make it look like someone is breaking rules, or it can be a desync problem on your end or any number of reasons.

If it would be allowed in this forum i would post you one of the videos i am 1000000% sure that you would agree that the guy is using it. he say it in the vid.. he say it.. AND he say how it works and what to do.... there is no proof (from playerside) which is more "SAFE".

Just admit you flubbed it and accidentally banned people because you were too incompetent to check the location of the people using it. It's so disingenuous to say "some people" when I personally know of DOZENS of people that have been wrongly banned, and I don't even really play the game so... really curious to hear the actual false positive rate.