Sign in to follow this  
Anheru

It’s Time to Wake up

Recommended Posts

Anheru   

After all that’s happened, especially just before the 4th year anniversary, I hope you guys can take all our feedback into your meetings, sit down, and have a long serious discussion about some key issues that need to be addressed immediately:

  1. Actually play the game – Blade & Social does not cut it; veterans know if you play the game by simply looking at your gear, how organized your inventory is, and how well you execute mechanics.
  2. Understand and engage with the community – This is a serious issue that we have found to be seriously lacking. Not just community managers, anyone in the company is capable of keeping us in the loop. Talk to us and respond to us!
  3. Understand the state of the game – If you played the game, you would understand the game. Implement QoL changes! Fix bugs! Stop egregious monetization and stop nickel & diming your player base. If you keep your customers happy, even free to play players will kick you a few bucks.

Humans are social beings; we understand each other best through communication. The recent chaos was caused by people who love the game very much see their cries of help being ignored and shoved aside. With the company continuing to release broken patches, unfavorable system changes, recycled events, and the upcoming PvPvE map, we feel the company has completely lost touch with its entire NA/EU player base throughout 2019. The hackers were making a statement, and the recent ban wave was exactly what they wanted, you played right into their hands!

 

Alas, maybe the events that have transpired can be considered a blessing, and a reminder that perhaps the whole NCWest division needs to wake up! Here are my suggestions for what to do with feedback:

  1. STOP forwarding community feedback directly back to Korea (you are not the middleman)! Instead, take them into your meetings and discuss the issues amongst yourselves.
  2. Once you’ve identified the issue, come up with a solution that would seem fair to the community (understand the game, keep us in the loop)!
  3. Write up a report detailing the issue and the changes YOU wish to happen, THEN forward that to the Korean devs.

Feedback should be though you, the company, and it should resonate with what the community wants! NCWest, you have in your hands a magnificent gem of a game, please don’t tarnish it. And please, we don’t want to see this continue through 2020 as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Anheru said:

The hackers were making a statement,

correct

18 minutes ago, Anheru said:

and the recent ban wave was exactly what they wanted, you played right into their hands!

wrong

 

Good post for the rest. Ofcourse has been adressed already but is correct for the most part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Anheru said:
  1. STOP forwarding community feedback directly back to Korea (you are not the middleman)! Instead, take them into your meetings and discuss the issues amongst yourselves.

Please learn the difference between a DEVELOPER and a PUBLISHER before you spout this nonsense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimoir   
1 hour ago, Anheru said:
  • STOP forwarding community feedback directly back to Korea (you are not the middleman)! Instead, take them into your meetings and discuss the issues amongst yourselves.
  • Once you’ve identified the issue, come up with a solution that would seem fair to the community (understand the game, keep us in the loop)!
  • Write up a report detailing the issue and the changes YOU wish to happen, THEN forward that to the Korean devs.

1. The publisher IS the middleman. They have no development power over the game, they merely have the license to publish it. Not to mention any development / fix / change has to follow a strict process path before it even lands at the devs and its scheduled for work.

2. Fair for the community, yes, but the community also needs to understand the game will be what the devs envision it to be, as it is their game, if they want it to be played in a specific way they will make sure it is and follow their vision. Sure it may not be right for all, but their game, their rules. Also keep in mind the publisher also runs a business.

3. Thats pretty much what they already do. Developers have a schedule on when they work on content, when they work on fixes etc. Everything is planned around that schedule unless its something extremely critical. Also what will actually be taken from it depends solely on the devs. NC can ask, push, say players what this, but if the devs say no, then its a no.

 

2 hours ago, Anheru said:

Feedback should be though you, the company, and it should resonate with what the community wants!

Yes, but its never about what the community wants, its about what the devs want, what makes money and then what players would like to have which in 90% of the cases is a no. Thats the reality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
itsthem   
16 hours ago, Grimoir said:

1. The publisher IS the middleman. They have no development power over the game, they merely have the license to publish it. Not to mention any development / fix / change has to follow a strict process path before it even lands at the devs and its scheduled for work.

2. Fair for the community, yes, but the community also needs to understand the game will be what the devs envision it to be, as it is their game, if they want it to be played in a specific way they will make sure it is and follow their vision. Sure it may not be right for all, but their game, their rules. Also keep in mind the publisher also runs a business.

3. Thats pretty much what they already do. Developers have a schedule on when they work on content, when they work on fixes etc. Everything is planned around that schedule unless its something extremely critical. Also what will actually be taken from it depends solely on the devs. NC can ask, push, say players what this, but if the devs say no, then its a no.

 

Yes, but its never about what the community wants, its about what the devs want, what makes money and then what players would like to have which in 90% of the cases is a no. Thats the reality.

Then why is the Russian and CN version both a lot more player friendly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
samsoni1   

Presumably, because the Russian and Chinese BnS communities are more "publisher-friendly", more generous with their wallets, or both.

Edited by samsoni1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KzE   
8 hours ago, itsthem said:

Then why is the Russian and CN version both a lot more player friendly?

They are not published by nc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this