Why are people getting banned for no reason?

Knumi

1 hour ago, Knumi said:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/538784277?t=0h19m14s There are reports of people getting banned after/during doing ET boss 3, Can we get a petition to separate NA and EU servers because this is ridiculous , getting punished for doing PvE content as intended.

Why do I keep seeing this clip of a summoner who doesn't touch demon getting banned being used as proof "demon is reason everyone getting banned"...

I was doing demon yesterday and know people who did demon today with no ban, also if that was the case all 12 people of every raid would be banned.

I am curious how many of the people who got ban were also using the fishing bot that seems to be really popular.

Innocent people are getting banned left and right because of several people who decided to run rampant with client modification. I know there's not a lot within the powers of certain NCWest staff in regards to the client file editing, but this a really terribly way of dealing with it. Unban the innocent people, push the patch to edit out abuse-able lines on wednesday (this is a problem in RU and CN too, you WILL get the patch given to you by main devs), and carefully analyze the suspicious accounts that may have affected F11 rankings or have been mass reported on an INDIVIDUAL basis.

Think for one second before you act please.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Darksma said:

Innocent people are getting banned left and right because of several people who decided to run rampant with client modification. I know there's not a lot within the powers of certain NCWest staff in regards to the client file editing, but this a really terribly way of dealing with it. Unban the innocent people, push the patch to edit out abuse-able lines on wednesday (this is a problem in RU and CN too, you WILL get the patch given to you by main devs), and carefully analyze the suspicious accounts that may have affected F11 rankings or have been mass reported on an INDIVIDUAL basis.

Think for one second before you act please.

No, before they are back from MLK weekend trip, they won't do anything to this. "Just deal with the bans yourselves and we just compensate you later and you guys will forget about this" Jajaja. 

I know there is a way for NCwest support to filter a portion of innocent people atleast.

Since I know they can see if you received certain items pretty quickly, so any ET3 dynamic lootbox received shortly after flagged skill usage

could filter out some people (given you cleared it). Eitherway logs should also be able to tell the location of a player...

Just 1 criteria used for the banning is not good

Edited by luzt

9 hours ago, Bobthemonk said:

I was doing demon yesterday and know people who did demon today with no ban, also if that was the case all 12 people of every raid would be banned.

I am curious how many of the people who got ban were also using the fishing bot that seems to be really popular.

That is a good theory, but I’d almost extend it to all client mods period. I know my DFM uses several BnSBuddy client mods to help with FPS and QoL changes, as does most of the community. NCSOFT has said themselves they don’t plan to ban people for bnsbuddy so that connection never occurred to me. 

Just now, 861977_1452550304 said:

That is a good theory, but I’d almost extend it to all client mods period. I know my DFM uses several BnSBuddy client mods to help with FPS and QoL changes, as does most of the community. NCSOFT has said themselves they don’t plan to ban people for bnsbuddy so that connection never occurred to me. 

He might have been caught in the ip ban if hes using wtfast or exitlag. If he used the same connection as the ip banned cheater then its an autoban.